PDA

View Full Version : Five Players Ready To Bust Out In '07

gr8slayer
04-04-2007, 01:27 PM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/04/nfl-five-players040407.html

2. QB J.P. Losman, Buffalo Bills :

There were major questions about Losman after he completed a lousy 49.6 percent of his passes in 2005, but he rebounded last season and put together an extremely solid season. Losman established wonderful chemistry with the speedy Lee Evans (1,292 yards, eight touchdowns) while lacking even a decent running attack in support. The Bills hopefully corrected that during free agency, improving their offensive line and dumping the malignant, underachieving Willis McGahee. It appears Buffalo has the utmost confidence in Losman heading into 2007, as they traded veteran Kelly Holcomb last week. Now if Losman can just cut down on those fumbles, maybe the Bills will make the playoffs for the first time this century.

Prediction: 3,500 yards, 25 TDs.

Bill Brasky
04-04-2007, 01:29 PM
JP JP JP!!!!!!!!!!!

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 01:29 PM
are the people who run realfootball365 Bills fans because everything they say about the Bills seems to be good?

gr8slayer
04-04-2007, 01:30 PM
are the people who run realfootball365 Bills fans because everything they say about the Bills seems to be good?
Maybe they just aren't completely blind like ESPN.

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Because they're not SI or ESPN.

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Maybe they just aren't completely blind like ESPN.
:hi5:

User Manuel
04-04-2007, 01:32 PM
"dumping the malignant, underachieving Willis McGahee"

I can't argue with this statement by them.

B-DON
04-04-2007, 04:55 PM
3,500 and 25 are big numbers. If he puts up those numbers we should definitely making a major playoff push this season.

SABURZFAN
04-04-2007, 05:13 PM
i've noticed that JP and bust go hand in hand.

BAM
04-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Awesome.

I like it and can see it happening!

Go JP!

The King
04-04-2007, 05:22 PM
3. QB Jay Cutler, <A class=articlelinks href="http://broncos.realfootball365.com/"><ACRONYM title="Denver Broncos News">Denver Broncos</ACRONYM> :
The effect Cutler had on Denver's offense at the end of 2006 was remarkable. With Jake Plummer at the helm, the Broncos averaged just 17 points and 304 yards per game. With Cutler, those numbers jumped to 24.8 and 320. Not only was Denver's passing game much improved (Cutler threw nine touchdowns in only five games), but opponents were forced to respect Cutler's deep passing ability, opening up the running game. With an offseason of work, the Broncos could have a really scary talent on their hands -- and reportedly, Cutler has a great work ethic, as he's been a regular at the team's training facility for over a month now. If second-year wideout Brandon Marshall develops as a complementary threat to Javon Walker, expect the Broncos to return to the top of the offensive stat page in 2007. Free-agent acquisition Travis Henry will help, too.
Prediction: 4,000 yards, 30 TDs.

This takes a little credibility away... 30TDs in that rushing offense no way!

The Spaz
04-04-2007, 10:09 PM
If he gets those numbers Playoffs + Pro Bowl!:)

clumping platelets
04-04-2007, 10:16 PM

They can see the light!! :candle:

tampabay25690
04-05-2007, 04:56 AM

They feel bad for us fans for what we have had to see the past 5 or so years....

Meathead
04-05-2007, 06:43 AM
:lolpoint: jphaters

us: da men

you: da *****es

TacklingDummy
04-05-2007, 07:10 AM

I agree. We'll see how JP does when Evans is double covered this year.

Alot of JPs 19 TD passes last year were the results of WRs making outstanding plays. People shouldn't be surprised if JP takes a couple steps back this year.

MVP
04-05-2007, 08:12 AM
I agree. We'll see how JP does when Evans is double covered this year.that phrase is overrated, teams don't just put 2 guys on one wr regardless, besides they gotta catch lee first!

The Spaz
04-05-2007, 08:14 AM

Alot of JPs 19 TD passes last year were the results of WRs making outstanding plays. People shouldn't be surprised if JP takes a couple steps back this year.

Lee Evans wasn't the main weapon for us last year I guess...

MVP
04-05-2007, 08:15 AM
with fairchild opening up the playbook, teams having to respect the run, better o-line giving jp and the recievers more time, and more use of the te (they won't be blocking as much) jp we have a breakout season *****es!

ublinkwescore
04-05-2007, 08:20 AM

You know no one on here takes you serious - you should just quit with the whole anti-JP shtik - it's pretty freakin old now.

I seriously doubt you hate JP and are a serious Bills fan - either you're not a Bills fan, or you are just doing this to annoy people - feel free to grow up any time now.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 08:46 AM

Same can be said for ALOT of QB's. Take Romo for example.

BAM
04-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Wasn't Evans double covered a lot last year?? That's not really a good excuse..

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Wasn't Evans double covered a lot last year?? That's not really a good excuse..
Yeah he was. Against Houston he was for sure, I was there!!!

Bill Brasky
04-05-2007, 09:34 AM
a lot hinges on our running back situation.

i don't think 25 tds is out of the question, however 3500 yards might be pushing it, esp w/o a dominant RB.

evans was double covered quite a bit last season, and with a year under their belts, i think the chemistry w/ jp and guys like price/parrish/reed will get better. also keep in mind, the team finally upgraded the line! that should give jp more time for better decision making (ie: more yards, tds, less int's, etc)

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 09:36 AM
a lot hinges on our running back situation.

i don't think 25 tds is out of the question, however 3500 yards might be pushing it, esp w/o a dominant RB.

evans was double covered quite a bit last season, and with a year under their belts, i think the chemistry w/ jp and guys like price/parrish/reed will get better. also keep in mind, the team finally upgraded the line! that should give jp more time for better decision making (ie: more yards, tds, less int's, etc)
I don't think the yards are completely out of the question. Our WR corps is one that makes things happen once they get the ball, no matter how far it was thrown. I think we'll see alot more of a "dink and dunk" style Offense this year so we can utilize our speedy WR's and give them a chance to make something happen with the ball.

THATHURMANATOR
04-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Do you really still hate the guy or are you just messing with us?

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Do you really still hate the guy or are you just messing with us?
He's messing with you.

Spiderweb
04-05-2007, 10:49 AM

That blurb above defines one seriously uniformed position, or one based on personal bias rather than fact.. You seriously believe that Evans wasn't doubled last year? Losman had 19 TDs throwing and none were just nice throws on his part?

Let's see, Unitas - Berry, Marino - Duper & Clayton, Montana - Rice & Taylor, Manning - Harrison, Kelly - Reed, Fouts - Winslow, Aikman - Irvin, Staubach - Pearson, etc.

I guess these QB's never got an outstanding catch from any of their receivers, nor did any of these receivers ever beat double coverage.

Our passing game still has many question marks, such as our #2 & #3 WR's, and whether we'll ever have a TE who can be a play maker, but hey.....let's keep bashing JP since it's clear he'd still be on your hit list regardless of how he plays.

Thank God Holcomb was bolted to the pine last year and Losman given the opportunity to grow, which he clearly did the second half of 2006. The NFL had many a QB that had to look up to see where JP was rated in comparison to themselves in 2006.

TacklingDummy
04-05-2007, 12:02 PM
That blurb above defines one seriously uniformed position, or one based on personal bias rather than fact.. You seriously believe that Evans wasn't doubled last year? Losman had 19 TDs throwing and none were just nice throws on his part?

Did I say Evans wasn't doubled covered some of the time last year?

Did I say JP only threw crap passes?

Stop putting words in my mouth.

Of course Lee had double coverage on him some of the time last year and of course JP had some nice passes last year.

I can recall many TD passes last year that were the result of the WR doing something awesome to score it or TDs that were scored in garbage time. Examples off the top of my head...

1) Parrish 51 yard TD RAC against the Jets
2) P. Price RACrappy pass for 8 yard TD vs Minny,
3) JPs garbage time TD pass against the Bears when the score was 40-0
4&5) Evans juking the Texans out of their jocks for two 83 yard TD RAC
6) 5 yard TD pass to Royal against the Chargers that was setup by the Bills Defense.
7) Another garbage time TD vs the Chargers with 30 seconds left in the game when the score was 24-14
8) Lee Evans 44 yard TD rec against the Ravens. If I remember correctly didn't the defender fall down?
9) Reeds 4 yard TD rec against Miami. The only reason that play happened was because of the 50 yard iffy pass interfernce penalty the play before.

The Answer
04-05-2007, 12:32 PM
http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/04/nfl-five-players040407.html

The Answer hopes this become a reality but fears that the loss of Holcomb will hinder JP's development and come back to haunt us in a major way down the line.

~The Answer

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 12:33 PM
The Answer hopes this become a reality but fears that the loss of Holcomb will hinder JP's development and come back to haunt us in a major way down the line.

~The Answer:rolleyes:

ublinkwescore
04-05-2007, 10:20 PM

~The Answer

And now Ublink is completely convinced that the Answer is ******ed.