PDA

View Full Version : Sirius reports....

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 02:42 PM
SW says today on Nfl radio the best Chargers could get for turner is a 2nd n 3rd and if they could get that they could take it and run..... And they said the fit in buffalo is excellent cause of there money situation and there picks.... They said the titans would not work because they have so many holes...and it doesnt make sence for them not to pay henry and give up draft picks for a backup, when there gona be in search of a CB, Dline, WR's etc.... They said buffalo and san diego has similar offensive styles and turner would flurish in buffalo with the pounding running game...

http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/thread/1610557.aspx

best news on this situation i have heard all day all though most of it is an opinion

I say give up our 2nd and Baltimore's third

Michael82
04-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Wow....that makes me excited.... :drool:

I really believe that Turner will be a Buffalo Bill when all is said and done. I think that the Titans are interested, but are also trying to use this as a way to push Lendale White to work harder and as a smoke screen as to who they are going to draft.

zone
04-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Please let it happen! With Turner and our improved O-line there is no telling what our team can do.

JJamezz
04-04-2007, 02:47 PM
I have no issue w/ that at all.... my problem was ANY trade involving our 1st - outright or swap.

JJamezz
04-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Of course, this is all just the opinion of a couple of Sirius talk show hosts, so take it for what its worth... probably not much.

Scumbag College
04-04-2007, 02:49 PM
I have no issue w/ that at all.... my problem was ANY trade involving our 1st - outright or swap.

I agree. Still....I'm a little leary about doing it for a second straight up. I think the Chargers are getting desperate as teams aren't as interested as was once thought.

LtFinFan66
04-04-2007, 02:51 PM
a 2nd and a 3rd?? Wow!

Statman
04-04-2007, 02:52 PM
They said buffalo and san diego has similar offensive styles and turner would flurish in buffalo with the pounding running game...
LMAO

Maybe we should first get that "pounding running game" before bragging about it.

How hilarious.

Romes
04-04-2007, 02:55 PM
for a 2nd and a 3rd would be great!

Then I'd pick p. willis at 12. If willis isn't there drop down and get a 2nd round pick back and pick one of the 2nd tier OLB's (Beason, Timmons, Poz, Siler) later in the first. Would work like a charm. :up:

jdbillsfan
04-04-2007, 02:56 PM
If we are giving up two picks, I would like to split them with next year. 2nd this year, third next.

acehole
04-04-2007, 03:01 PM
If true this would be a no brainer for the bills...I would offer Balitimores 3rd and next years 2nd and be done with it...we could still have willis in the first....(if Available.)

SW says today on Nfl radio the best Chargers could get for turner is a 2nd n 3rd and if they could get that they could take it and run..... And they said the fit in buffalo is excellent cause of there money situation and there picks.... They said the titans would not work because they have so many holes...and it doesnt make sence for them not to pay henry and give up draft picks for a backup, when there gona be in search of a CB, Dline, WR's etc.... They said buffalo and san diego has similar offensive styles and turner would flurish in buffalo with the pounding running game...

best news on this situation i have heard all day all though most of it is an opinion

OpIv37
04-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Give them our first 3rd this year and our 2nd next year and we're in great shape.

Even our 2nd this year and 2nd 3rd this year wouldn't be bad.

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2007, 03:03 PM
If we are giving up two picks, I would like to split them with next year. 2nd this year, third next.
Yeah give them Baltimore's 3rd for next year.

Mudflap1
04-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Who is SW?

Jon

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2007, 03:07 PM
Who is SW?

JonSolomon Wilcotts i guess

Tatonka
04-04-2007, 03:10 PM
soloman wilcotts = sw

i also heard an interview with phillips, the san diego linebacker.

they asked him about turner, and he actually said that Turner has some qualities that LT doesnt have.. the way he can punish a tackler. he said that he thinks turner is an incredible running back and they are clearly the best 1-2 punch in the league and he hates to lose him, but feels he will be gone, and deserves to be a starter.

Saratoga Slim
04-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Give them our first 3rd this year and our 2nd next year and we're in great shape.

Even our 2nd this year and 2nd 3rd this year wouldn't be bad.

Either way at the end of the day we've got with Patrick Willis (if he's there), Michael Turner, and at least one other day one pick to use on CB or WR. I love it.

Marvelous
04-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Is our 2nd & a 3rd worth it? I'm seriously asking...
-I just get excited with what we can do with all the day 1 picks..
---but---
We do need a RB too...
/unsure

capitolneal
04-04-2007, 03:17 PM
2nd and third is alot when we got a couple of 3rds and a 7th for a starting back with low miles on him I am guessing we give a 2nd best maybe a 7th too

OpIv37
04-04-2007, 03:19 PM
-I just get excited with what we can do with all the day 1 picks..
---but---
We do need a RB too...
/unsure

look at it this way- one of those picks is going to RB anyway, so what we'd be sacrificing is an extra pick to get an RB who has proven he can play in the NFL, vs a draft pick who is more of a risk (any draft pick can be a bust- see Mike Williams).

jdbillsfan
04-04-2007, 03:19 PM

If only SW opinion meant something. It may not make sense to him that Tennessee would bring in Turner, but obviously it does to them or else they wouldn't have brought him in.

I do like Sirius and their ideas and opinions, it just doesn't help much in getting Turner to Buffalo. Imo.

jamesiscool
04-04-2007, 03:20 PM

yes. turner is betetr than any 2nd or 3rd rd. RB on the board soooo in short. yes.

Nighthawk
04-04-2007, 07:08 PM

Umm, no...he's not worth a 2nd and 3rd. This would hurt us in the long run with all of the holes we need to fill. 2 first day picks is ridiculous for Turner.

camelcowboy
04-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Umm, no...he's not worth a 2nd and 3rd. This would hurt us in the long run with all of the holes we need to fill. 2 first day picks is ridiculous for Turner. If it keeps us at pick twelve then i'd be fine with it. Turner is better then any back we could get in the second or 3rd round.

Nighthawk
04-04-2007, 07:19 PM
If it keeps us at pick twelve then i'd be fine with it. Turner is better then any back we could get in the second or 3rd round.

OK, but he isn't better than 2 players that we may get with those picks. He's not worth multiple first day picks.

camelcowboy
04-04-2007, 07:26 PM
OK, but he isn't better than 2 players that we may get with those picks. He's not worth multiple first day picks.

First pick at 12 we can address linebacker, turner would fill our hole and running back. still would have a third rounder for a depth corner. I could live with that. If willis isn't available at 12 trade down recover your picks that way. I can live with that.

TigerJ
04-04-2007, 11:15 PM
As I understand it a delayed draft choice (next year) is rated on round later. In other words a third round pick in the upcoming draft is equal in value to a second round pick in 2008. If Buffalo could get the Chargers to agree to a second next year to go with a third this year, that's a better price than a second and a third this year by that reckoning. I would probably do the deal for a second and third this year, but not without some missgivings.