PDA

View Full Version : Willis might be there at #12!!!

HHURRICANE
04-04-2007, 03:46 PM
I've been hearing and reading that with San Frans emphasis on D in FA, taking 4 players there, that they are going to be drafting a WR with their first pick.

Please be true because I have to say that this is 100%, with a doubt, our biggest need. I'd rather see a RB in the 2nd round.

THATHURMANATOR
04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
WHAT A ****ING REVELATION!!! WILLIS MIGHT BE AVAILABLE AT 12, but he might not be either....

HHURRICANE
04-04-2007, 03:51 PM
WHAT A ****ING REVELATION!!! WILLIS MIGHT BE AVAILABLE AT 12, but he might not be either....

Dude, San Fran has shown alot of interest in him. That happens to be our biggest competition for him.

Just to remind you, Whitner wasn't our first choice at Safety.

THATHURMANATOR
04-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the reminder.... :ill:

I know what you are saying here man but it was just funny that it was like you had some kind of epiphany here and an Angel came to you to give you this surreal vision that Patrick Willis may be available in the NFL draft.

patmoran2006
04-04-2007, 03:54 PM
I still think SF is taking Willis at 11.

They have 8 picks in the first four rounds... They could take Willis at 11 and still EASILY put together a draft package deal to get back into the first round in the 20's and take a WR like Meacham, Bowe or Sidney Rice.

I very highly doubt they will pass on a LB like Willis when the drop off after him is FAR FAR greater than it is at WR (meacham, bowe, rice, jarrett, etc)

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Just to remind you, Whitner wasn't our first choice at Safety.
Oh? You know this because you sat in the draft room with Marv and Dick?

Ed
04-04-2007, 04:39 PM
I've seen some mock drafts that have SF going D-line at #11. That's still definitely a possibility too.

patmoran2006
04-04-2007, 04:41 PM
If the draft goes semi-as expected, I think that Carriker is the Bills best chance for SF to not take Willis, unless Okoye happens to fall to #11.

This draft is NOT deep at LB, but it IS deep at WR- I don't see SF taking any WR with the 11th pick.. I can see them trading back into the later first like buffalo did last year- but not taking anyone at 11 for a WR.