PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Connolly is healthy and ready to go, but....

Michael82
04-04-2007, 05:29 PM
The way Paul Hamilton made it sound, Lindy Ruff doesn't know if putting him in would be a good thing to do. It sounds like Lindy knows that if you activate Connolly and Max, you will most likely have to send both Stafford and MacArthur to Rochester and use up two of your 4 callups. He also said that Lindy doesn't care about Tim Connolly's feelings and if the Sabres are better off with the team they have, because of team unity and all that...then he wouldn't screw with it. The way it sounded, Tim Connolly is ready to go, he's healthy again and practicing. He will be going thru some final rigorous practices before Lindy makes a decision. He ended by saying that Max could be in the lineup tomorrow night. :up:

Typ0
04-04-2007, 05:39 PM
So basically, outside of Gaustad we are going to be totally healthy. I heard the conversation you are referring to Mike...I can't believe TC can't help this team. I can believe, however, that there are some procedural obstacles.

Dr. Lecter
04-04-2007, 05:40 PM
They can keep Stafford up.

Bench Peters and keep Paestch out. Send down Paille if necessary and dress Paestch.

Philagape
04-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Don't bench Stafford for anyone

SabreEleven
04-04-2007, 06:00 PM
I thought during the playoffs that there is no roster limits or at least expanded rosters. Call them back up after the Rochester season ends.

camelcowboy
04-04-2007, 06:05 PM

Bench Peters and keep Paestch out. Send down Paille if necessary and dress Paestch.

Connolly goes back into the line up Stafford has to go down, they can call him right back up but it would cost them a roster move, they used 1 or 4. They send Paille down he goes on waivers which will not happen. Paille can't be sent down without losing him.

camelcowboy
04-04-2007, 06:06 PM
I thought during the playoffs that there is no roster limits or at least expanded rosters. Call them back up after the Rochester season ends.

If Rochester is out of the playoffs then yes, if they have a playoff run of their own then no.

SABURZFAN
04-04-2007, 06:16 PM
The way Paul Hamilton made it sound, Lindy Ruff doesn't know if putting him in would be a good thing to do. It sounds like Lindy knows that if you activate Connolly and Max, you will most likely have to send both Stafford and MacArthur to Rochester and use up two of your 4 callups.

i don't think stafford is going anywhere.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 06:32 PM

Paille can't go down. He's not on the Rochester playoff roster. So he's no longer eligible to go down. Stafford can, and then they can bring him back up for the playoffs. That would count as 2 roster moves though.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 06:34 PM
If Rochester is out of the playoffs then yes, if they have a playoff run of their own then no.
rochester is almost assured of a playoff spot. It's just a matter of time before they are officially in. The question will be if they can go that far or not. I doubt it.

BlackMetalNinja
04-04-2007, 07:20 PM
I honestly would be quite fine with Connolly not playing. I don't think throwing him in the mix at this point in time is really a good idea at all. Take the hit and bring him back next season, we've already proven we don't need him.

SabreEleven
04-04-2007, 07:23 PM
The powerplay needs him.

mchurchfie
04-04-2007, 07:24 PM
What the **** was all the hype, including Ruff, with bringing him back then?? I say we find a way to bring him back. He played 8 games and had 11 points in the POs last year before that goon knocked him out. Sounds to me like he can help us out.

Philagape
04-04-2007, 07:25 PM

Rosters, yeah, but we can still dress just 18 skaters, right?

SabreEleven
04-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Yes, just 18 skaters still through the playoffs.

camelcowboy
04-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Yes, just 18 skaters still through the playoffs.boston, washington, philly, hell i say play him. I don't see the harm.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 07:48 PM
The powerplay needs him.
yeah it does. At the very least, he'd be a nice weapon to have on the powerplay only. :up:

Nighthawk
04-04-2007, 09:36 PM
The way Paul Hamilton made it sound, Lindy Ruff doesn't know if putting him in would be a good thing to do. It sounds like Lindy knows that if you activate Connolly and Max, you will most likely have to send both Stafford and MacArthur to Rochester and use up two of your 4 callups. He also said that Lindy doesn't care about Tim Connolly's feelings and if the Sabres are better off with the team they have, because of team unity and all that...then he wouldn't screw with it. The way it sounded, Tim Connolly is ready to go, he's healthy again and practicing. He will be going thru some final rigorous practices before Lindy makes a decision. He ended by saying that Max could be in the lineup tomorrow night. :up:

That's a stupid statement by Ruff, if he indeed say that. Why the hell did we keep Connolly on the active roster if we aren't going to use him? Makes no sense. If this is indeed how it plays out, I would much rather of had them put him on the shelf for the season and brought in some defensive help. I agree Stafford should not come out of the lineup, but who cares about McCarthur...you need to get Connolly some playing time before the playoffs.

chubluv
04-04-2007, 11:23 PM
Alright what the heck is going on here? We cant bring Timmy or Max back without sending Drew down.

I think if Timmy can play and not be hindered by his previous injury and not play tentatively then you play him. Max is in no matter what. He takes Peters spot. So what it really comes down to is Stafford,Connelly or Mair for the last 2 spots..

Thats going to be a tough decision for Lindy. Does he want a finesse lineup? Then I think he goes with Drew & Timmy. If he needs more toughness then he goes with Paille & Mair. What ever he goes with it will be a kick ass lineup & an exciting team to watch.

Michael82
04-05-2007, 05:09 AM
That's a stupid statement by Ruff, if he indeed say that. Why the hell did we keep Connolly on the active roster if we aren't going to use him? Makes no sense. If this is indeed how it plays out, I would much rather of had them put him on the shelf for the season and brought in some defensive help. I agree Stafford should not come out of the lineup, but who cares about McCarthur...you need to get Connolly some playing time before the playoffs.
I agree and that's why I hated the move to pay him all that dough in the first place, unless u planned on playing himat the end of the season and the playoffs. Either way, this is his training camp and preseason. he's going to be VERY rusty!

Dr. Lecter
04-05-2007, 07:21 AM
The Buffalo News said he might play against Washington.

Stafford was not an emergency recall and does not need to go back down. (He and McArthur were the 2 of 4 recalls they used this year).

If Tim comes back, the Sabres have 18 skaters dressed, Peters, Paestch and Paille not dresses for the max roster of 23.

Tim/Max/Mair
Pom/Briere/Hecht
Drury/Zubrus/Kotalik
Roy/Stafford/Vanek

Extra's Paestch, Paille, Peters

SkateZilla
04-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Funny, I was told Timmy is out till post season, and when he does return it will be in a limited role (PP Only, then slowly add more workload.)