PDA

View Full Version : Walker

Bill Brasky
04-04-2007, 06:53 PM
My college roomate is from Philly, and of course, a nonsensicle Eagles fan.

We are in a heated debate over the recent trade as well as Sabres/Flyers, and he offered up this which I found interesting:

Hockey is irrelevant outside of Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Detroit. Keep holding on to the one "minor" franchise. I knew Losman had 19 last year along with 14 interceptions. Not a great ratio. Keep throwing those picks Buddy. hahaha and thanks for taking Darwin Walker from the Eagles. His 3 sack game against Dallas greatly inflated his numbers. The guy is an inconsistent scrub who gets run over, that's why the Eagles run D was TERRIBLE last year. Keep dreaming buddy. Who is going to run the ball for the Bills? A-Train? Washed up and getting up there in age (for a RB). Shaud Williams who had, what, two rushes last year? Bottom line: Bills are in deep trouble...but that shouldn't be shocking news to anyone, it's been like that for the last 6 years. P.S. Go Craig Nall! Get into the playoffs first and then I'll believe Losman is the real deal. Until then he's your average QB.

again - he's a philly fan, so take his mumbojumbo with the biggest grain of salt possible

Devin
04-04-2007, 06:57 PM
My college roomate is from Philly, and of course, a nonsensicle Eagles fan.

We are in a heated debate over the recent trade as well as Sabres/Flyers, and he offered up this which I found interesting:

Hockey is irrelevant outside of Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and Detroit. Keep holding on to the one "minor" franchise. I knew Losman had 19 last year along with 14 interceptions. Not a great ratio. Keep throwing those picks Buddy. hahaha and thanks for taking Darwin Walker from the Eagles. His 3 sack game against Dallas greatly inflated his numbers. The guy is an inconsistent scrub who gets run over, that's why the Eagles run D was TERRIBLE last year. Keep dreaming buddy. Who is going to run the ball for the Bills? A-Train? Washed up and getting up there in age (for a RB). Shaud Williams who had, what, two rushes last year? Bottom line: Bills are in deep trouble...but that shouldn't be shocking news to anyone, it's been like that for the last 6 years. P.S. Go Craig Nall! Get into the playoffs first and then I'll believe Losman is the real deal. Until then he's your average QB.

again - he's a philly fan, so take his mumbojumbo with the biggest grain of salt possible

Your college roomate is a douchebag.

McNabb is what...good for 6 games a season? And who do you have behind him Holcomb and friggin feeley? Terrifying. Ill take my improving QB over a 10 million dollar QB who cant play more then a 3rd of the season.

Enjoy Spikes and his half-speed play, as well as his salary. Ill take a cheap DT who is good for a few sacks a year over an almost 5 million a year OLB who played his best ball 3 seasons ago. Nice draft last year nutsack, Bunkley and Justice wow congrats on drafting the two worst lineman in the top 2 rounds. Nice work dildo.

Ill give you the RB bit for now, anyone can see thats going to change but ill say almost any scrub can get 990 in the NFL these days. Im not worried.

Freeman punch this dickface in the neck next time you see him.

Michael82
04-04-2007, 07:01 PM
That's because he's an Eagles fan. :up:

Devin
04-04-2007, 07:03 PM
That's because he's an Eagles fan. :up:

Unfortunatley it does seem to be the trend.

evol4276
04-04-2007, 07:08 PM
sounds like the philly fans I know here

Bill Brasky
04-04-2007, 07:11 PM

McNabb is what...good for 6 games a season? And who do you have behind him Holcomb and friggin feeley? Terrifying. Ill take my improving QB over a 10 million dollar QB who cant play more then a 3rd of the season.

Enjoy Spikes and his half-speed play, as well as his salary. Ill take a cheap DT who is good for a few sacks a year over an almost 5 million a year OLB who played his best ball 3 seasons ago. Nice draft last year nutsack, Bunkley and Justice wow congrats on drafting the two worst lineman in the top 2 rounds. Nice work dildo.

Ill give you the RB bit for now, anyone can see thats going to change but ill say almost any scrub can get 990 in the NFL these days. Im not worried.

Freeman punch this dickface in the neck next time you see him.
funny, much of what you said was in my response!:

** sniff sniff ** i smell some jealousy in the air... it's weird, cuz when the flyers are actually good, which is about once every 25 years, you seem to be their number one fan. but whatever, you got that philly fan mentality, which is the equiv of a bag of peanuts and some fritos.

also, there's a reason we got rid of washed up bums like spikes, fletcher, milloy, clements, sam adams, mcgayme... can you say 28th ranked defense? can you say less than 1,000 yards rushing? don't worry though, kelly holcomb will light it up when mcnabb takes his usual season ending injury.

i am glad you took the time to look up jp's stats. don't drip that ****steak whiz on your keyboard, you might not be able to access espn to look up stats anymore!

i could go on and on and on how pitiful your teams are, in fact, i will: flyers = joke, 6ers = worst team in the league, eagles = well, at least the bills didn't choke at home in conference title games year after year, phillies = most creative name in all of sports, keep playin second fiddle to the mets!

PS - how do you like your Umberger? Well done, medium rare? I prefer mine raw and bloody.

feelthepain
04-04-2007, 07:14 PM

Why, cause he doesn't think Walker was a huge addition like most Bill fans??

HHURRICANE
04-04-2007, 07:32 PM

I think this was a good pickup. Walker is decent, not great. If Spikes plays like he did in 2004 than Philly got a great trade. If he doesn't than Buffalo did awesome becasue we got a decent DT and a Draft Pick for a 3rd string QB and guy who will never be 100%.

Devin
04-04-2007, 07:33 PM

No because hes a eagles fan, which is only slightly less worse then dolphin fans.

Goobylal
04-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Good job on your reply, jf. Tell him also that the Eagles aren't even as good as the 1990-1993 Bills were and will never get back to, much less win, a SB anytime soon. Also tell him thanks for Walker, since both Spikes and Holcomb were going to get cut anyway. And also tell him good luck with that bust Bunkley and the overrated Mike Patterson. He'll be crying for Walker when he sees what opposing offenses do to the Eagles' defense.

evol4276
04-04-2007, 07:49 PM
No because hes a eagles fan, which is only slightly less worse then dolphin fans. hahaha so true man its so funny.. you guys should hear the local sports radio for philly, seriously the funniest thing ever when you think of a philly fan. if someone calls in and voices an opinion different than the host (which i cant think of his name at the moment i havent listened to it in forever) they need to be prepared to get screamed at for a half an hour by the host calling that person an idiot and saying his opinions louder to "get the point across" much like here but tons worse haha its very humorous

evol4276
04-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Good job on your reply, jf. Tell him also that the Eagles aren't even as good as the 1990-1993 Bills were and will never get back to, much less win, a SB anytime soon. Also tell him thanks for Walker, since both Spikes and Holcomb were going to get cut. And also tell him good luck with that bust Bunkley and the overrated Mike Patterson. He'll be crying for Walker when he sees what opposing offenses to to the Eagles' defense. aka a run game?

feelthepain
04-04-2007, 07:55 PM
I think this was a good pickup. Walker is decent, not great. If Spikes plays like he did in 2004 than Philly got a great trade. If he doesn't than Buffalo did awesome becasue we got a decent DT and a Draft Pick for a 3rd string QB and guy who will never be 100%.

Don't count on seeing the same Walker in Buffalo that you saw in Philly unless you add another pass rushing DE.

feelthepain
04-04-2007, 07:58 PM
No because hes a eagles fan, which is only slightly less worse then dolphin fans.

Which both Eagle and Dolphin fans pale in comparison to how bad Bill fans are!

OpIv37
04-04-2007, 08:19 PM
two words: TIM ANDERSON.

Most other teams "inconsistent scrubs" are still an improvement.

RedEyE
04-04-2007, 08:24 PM
There's a guy I work with that is a HUGE Eagles fan. Right out of Philly, but some how without all the "tude".

Anyway, we discussed the Walker/Spikes trade in detail as well. I told him that Spikes has barely played in 2 years and wasn't worth the money he thinks he's printed on.

He told me that Walker takes plays off like his "high motor" needs recharging every other game.

"Looks like we came to a stale mate. I guess we will see who's more productive come game day this year."

"Yeah, but if that game is closer to the end of the season, both Spikes and McNabb will be sippin' on Geritol smoothies plopped in theirr co-located wheel chairs."

"Yeah."

venis2k1
04-04-2007, 08:43 PM
spikes is gonna tear it up this year. phillys system is a better fit for his skills (deminished or not). plus he has a lot to prove, i bet he would like to play in one playoff game before he retires.

John Doe
04-04-2007, 08:56 PM
There's a guy I work with that is a HUGE Eagles fan. Right out of Philly, but some how without all the "tude".

Anyway, we discussed the Walker/Spikes trade in detail as well. I told him that Spikes has barely played in 2 years and wasn't worth the money he thinks he's printed on.

He told me that Walker takes plays off like his "high motor" needs recharging every other game.

"Looks like we came to a stale mate. I guess we will see who's more productive come game day this year."

"Yeah, but if that game is closer to the end of the season, both Spikes and McNabb will be sippin' on Geritol smoothies plopped in theirr co-located wheel chairs."

"Yeah."

Walker can take lots of plays off next season - he will get his rest in a rotational system.

jimmifli
04-04-2007, 09:08 PM
PS - how do you like your Umberger? Well done, medium rare? I prefer mine raw and bloody.

This is very good.

OpIv37
04-04-2007, 09:11 PM
funny, much of what you said was in my response!:

** sniff sniff ** i smell some jealousy in the air... it's weird, cuz when the flyers are actually good, which is about once every 25 years, you seem to be their number one fan. but whatever, you got that philly fan mentality, which is the equiv of a bag of peanuts and some fritos.

also, there's a reason we got rid of washed up bums like spikes, fletcher, milloy, clements, sam adams, mcgayme... can you say 28th ranked defense? can you say less than 1,000 yards rushing? don't worry though, kelly holcomb will light it up when mcnabb takes his usual season ending injury.

i am glad you took the time to look up jp's stats. don't drip that ****steak whiz on your keyboard, you might not be able to access espn to look up stats anymore!

i could go on and on and on how pitiful your teams are, in fact, i will: flyers = joke, 6ers = worst team in the league, eagles = well, at least the bills didn't choke at home in conference title games year after year, phillies = most creative name in all of sports, keep playin second fiddle to the mets!

hey- rip on the philly fans all you want but leave the cheesesteaks out of it!

Goobylal
04-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Don't count on seeing the same Walker in Buffalo that you saw in Philly unless you add another pass rushing DE.
Who is the Eagles' FIRST pass-rushing DE, much less their second? And how many sacks did their top-2 DE's have compared to Schobel, much less Schobel and Denney or Kelsay?

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 09:26 AM

Actually I think he's going to do very well. Hargrove is going to be an impact player this year and help out with our rotation.

Plus Op made a great point. Anything is an improvement over fat-ass Anderson.

Are the Bills better at the DT position? Yes.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Which both Eagle and Dolphin fans pale in comparison to how bad Bill fans are!
0-2

"My family follows the Redskins so I know more about football than you all do"

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 09:29 AM
He could be right but he's probably also one of the eagles fans who boooed when MCnabb was drafted by the eagles.

Bill Brasky
04-05-2007, 09:48 AM
He could be right but he's probably also one of the eagles fans who boooed when MCnabb was drafted by the eagles.

or cheered when TO came to town? that fan base is comprised of nothing but idiots. listen to their sports radio shows if you don't believe me.

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 09:53 AM
or cheered when TO came to town? that fan base is comprised of nothing but idiots. listen to their sports radio shows if you don't believe me.

I did love it however when they went to Miami that one night ,dominated the entire stadium and made finfans look like the visiting fans.
My finfan buddy down there said they were abused by the eaglets.

Bill Brasky
04-05-2007, 09:56 AM
I did love it however when they went to Miami that one night ,dominated the entire stadium and made finfans look like the visiting fans.
My finfan buddy down there said they were abused by the eaglets.

Doesn't Joe Robbie Stadium (or whatever the f they call it now) always sell out because of the other teams' fans? I think the phinfan excuse is "well we have things to do here".

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Doesn't Joe Robbie Stadium (or whatever the f they call it now) always sell out because of the other teams' fans? I think the phinfan excuse is "well we have things to do here".
they're always sold out but almost never show up. When I lived down there, I almost always got free tickets except when they played the bills and jets who they hated back then.
It's not so much about there's more things to do down there since So. Fla. is not so much dominant Dolphin crowd unlike WNY is with the bills . It's filled with transient fans from all over + hispanics who don't care for the game and finfans that don't live there who havve season tickets don't always fly in for the games.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Who cares what a Philly fan has to say about Walker? It won't be accurate; just as our opinions about our lost players (Spikes, Holcomb) are biased negatively too.
Your new toy is always great, and your old toy always sucks.
We won't know until we see the guy play in this system with the players we have.

patmoran2006
04-05-2007, 10:25 AM
By all accounts, Walker is exactly the SAME as Tripplett. Good on the pass rush, horrible against the run.

Is that a surprise? In one aspect he's a good pickup. ON passing downs, he'll keep the DT's fresh and make our front four better at rushing the passer. IN another regard, he's a poor pickup as our run defense is improved 0% with him in the lineup.

Makes ya wish we landed Ryan Pickett last year in FA instead of Tripplett. This wouldnt be a problem (run stopping) like it is now.

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Makes ya wish we landed Ryan Pickett last year in FA instead of Tripplett. This wouldnt be a problem (run stopping) like it is now.

Last years thread on the news that we signed tripplett.

GOOD Move.. MORE than a GOOD move.. Potentially a GREAT move.

so anytime you have anything negative to say about Tripplett, remember you voted for it before you voted against it.

patmoran2006
04-05-2007, 10:47 AM
Are you seriously ******ed?

You compare a poster's reaction to a move; to the move itself made by the GM.

Marv levy gets about a million dollars a season more than I do. His mistakes are the reason the team is mediocre; not because of a fan's reaction to a move.

patmoran2006
04-05-2007, 10:48 AM
Id love to see threads and reactions when "Moolarkey" was named coach. or we drafted Mike Williams as well.

Mr. Pink
04-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Personally I dig Philly fan...they booed Santa Claus!

You don't get more clutch than that.

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Are you seriously ******ed?

You compare a poster's reaction to a move; to the move itself made by the GM.

Marv levy gets about a million dollars a season more than I do. His mistakes are the reason the team is mediocre; not because of a fan's reaction to a move.
it just goes to show how much you change your mind. You forget that Tripplett has been with his new team only a year.It's the first time he's played as the starting DT . If he improves you're gonna flipflop again.

patmoran2006
04-05-2007, 10:56 AM
I never flip-flopped to begin with Einstein.

I have no problem that Tripplett is a Bill. I have a problem that Pickett was not. We give him more $$ than GB did and he was ours. He was at OBD. But instead the "golden boys' figured quantity first and paid jerkoffs like Price, Reed and Matt Bowens instead of taking care what would've been the solution to our underlying problem; a pussy run defense.

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 11:24 AM
I never flip-flopped to begin with Einstein.

I have no problem that Tripplett is a Bill. I have a problem that Pickett was not. We give him more $$ than GB did and he was ours. He was at OBD. But instead the "golden boys' figured quantity first and paid jerkoffs like Price, Reed and Matt Bowens instead of taking care what would've been the solution to our underlying problem; a pussy run defense.
that's the problem, after one year you're ready to blast the FO. Let me remind you how big you were on signing Reyes? Davis? NOw you're blasting them for last years signings? In cased you missed it, they offered Pickett the same contract GB offered him. He chose to play for GB. For all your , I know this guy and know that guy you certainly didn't have that info. DUH!!!

You're saying Pickett is a solution NOW. Tomorrow that opinion will change based on the result. Your MO.

Goobylal
04-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Picket didn't want to play the nose. That's why he chose GB.