• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Hmmm, Lynch's stock dropped a bit as far as Im concerned

I just watched the BB.com thingy on the RB's. I must admit I sense some cockyness from Lynch. He does come off as a bit of a punk.

The guy who seems to win the character battle is Pittman. Heres a guy who smart and wants to fight it out on the field. This guy is screaming that hes a Levy type guy. Hes undersized and its an issue, but he has what we want as far as character. The runner up is Tony Hunt, hes another one that seems to have the right attitude.

How much does character matter? Tough to say. Willis was probably run out of town in part due to character. Is Lynch the same player? I really dont think so at all. I think hes not that smart, I think hes got a chip, but I dont see Willis Jr. Hes not a me guy. Hes a team guy that works hard for tough yards.

BTW, Peterson seemed to have a decent attitude. His injury issues are huge though, and I hope we pay close attention to it.

• BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Re: Hmmm, Lynch's stock dropped a bit as far as Im concerned

I am 100% against us drafting Lynch. I believe he is the same person McGahee was. i want Pittman more tha any other RB. He will be the best available RB in th 2nd round if he is there. If not i would like Leonard, Jackson and Booker in that order.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
      I am 100% against us drafting Lynch. I believe he is the same person McGahee was. i want Pittman more tha any other RB. He will be the best available RB in th 2nd round if he is there. If not i would like Leonard, Jackson and Booker in that order.
      I don't know about Pittman being the best RB available in the 2nd. I would have to say that Kenny Irons or Bush will probably be a better back. I could live with Pittman, if that is the only player available when we pick.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Give me Jackie Battle in the 4th.

Comment

• Illmatic15
          • Mar 2007

OK everybody lets win with only choirboys on our team!............................who give s a ***** nobody is stupid like Willis Mcgahee as long as he produces I dont care.

Ashton Youbotys #1 fan! reppin Liberia
          GET WELL SOON KEVIN EVERETT!

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
            !?!?!?!?!?
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            I don't know about Pittman being the best RB available in the 2nd. I would have to say that Kenny Irons or Bush will probably be a better back. I could live with Pittman, if that is the only player available when we pick.
            You obviously haven't seen Kenny Irons play he was only good for one season and it just so happens that that year he had a stacked O-line....he is extremly overrated....I agree with you on Bush but if he will miss part of next year I don't want him at least not in the early rounds

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Illmatic15
              OK everybody lets win with only choirboys on our team!............................who give s a ***** nobody is stupid like Willis Mcgahee as long as he produces I dont care.
              Bull-****. Character matters to me, my opinion...the Bills dont care, but it matters to me.

Leave the losers to the Cowboys, Fins, and Bengals.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                You obviously haven't seen Kenny Irons play he was only good for one season and it just so happens that that year he had a stacked O-line....he is extremly overrated....I agree with you on Bush but if he will miss part of next year I don't want him at least not in the early rounds
                Im hearing that Bush wont run fast at all. Hes not ready to run as we all know. However, this is a playmaker. Bush is a great RB, but is 40 time or lack thereof, cant be overlooked.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

Turner or Peterson

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                    Turner or Peterson
                    Cant disagree on insisting its the best or bust.

Comment

• Kenny
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jp-era
                      Im hearing that Bush wont run fast at all. Hes not ready to run as we all know. However, this is a playmaker. Bush is a great RB, but is 40 time or lack thereof, cant be overlooked.
                      He's a great college playmaker, -but even if he does recover, I dont see him being a good pro running back unless he changes alot.

For one, he's not very fast. I know 40times dont mean everything, but the fact he runs a 4.55-4.65 should be concern. Now another big thing is that he doesnt use his frame to run people over. Never has, and Im not sure if he ever will. His ability to juke and cut will work in college, but his lack of speed, and lack of being physical will ruin him in the pros.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                        !?!?!?!?!?
                        • Mar 2006

very true....I am hearing he could enter the Supplemental Draft

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

I just watched the BB.com thingy on the RB's. I must admit I sense some cockyness from Lynch. He does come off as a bit of a punk.

The guy who seems to win the character battle is Pittman. Heres a guy who smart and wants to fight it out on the field. This guy is screaming that hes a Levy type guy. Hes undersized and its an issue, but he has what we want as far as character. The runner up is Tony Hunt, hes another one that seems to have the right attitude.

How much does character matter? Tough to say. Willis was probably run out of town in part due to character. Is Lynch the same player? I really dont think so at all. I think hes not that smart, I think hes got a chip, but I dont see Willis Jr. Hes not a me guy. Hes a team guy that works hard for tough yards.

BTW, Peterson seemed to have a decent attitude. His injury issues are huge though, and I hope we pay close attention to it.
                          Wow... I respect you as a poster man, but I'm kinda left scratching my head at how you get all of that from a few 10 second soundbytes...

Comment

• Slim
                            • Apr 2004

My brother goes to Berkely, and plays for there rugby team. He's met him a few times and says he's a nice guy. I also follow Cal/ND football relgiously and ive NEVER seen anything out of lynch that would be a potentitial charectar flaw.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

I didn't get any impression from Chris Brown's article that he is a punk. He's a bit edgy in some ways, and has a Willis McGahee like confidence in his ability. However, confidence is a remarkably common trait among football players and Lynch shows a deep appreciation for his mother, a single parent.

I would not mind if Buffalo went in another direction though. I think Pittman is a pretty creative runner who can probably put on a little more muscle without sacrificing quickness. I thinkk I would take pittman before I took Irons. Jackie Battle is certainly intriguing, though I suspect he's going to be a little raw.
                              Last edited by TigerJ; 04-04-2007, 11:02 PM.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X