• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Guess who has been visiting our message baord

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...d.php?t=123802 ----in reference to this Mark Weiler wrote this----

On a recent trip to one of the Bills message boards to see what the homers were up to, it did not go unnoticed that one topic included the notion that the Bills should extend Lee Evans. That sounds great, doesn’t it? Resign Lee Evans, a player that the Wysman has insisted may be a top-5 WR. Which fan does not want a player such as that on his team for the foreseeable future. But wait a minute Houston, we have a problem!

How much will Lee Evans command? The Bills let Clements walk because "they could not afford him," while simultaneously, and out of the other side of their mouths gave Derrick Dockery almost identical guaranteed money. Hmm…

So assuming that Evans, as the Wysman suggests is entirely possible, becomes a top-5 WR this season. It is difficult if not impossible to imagine that he would command any less than Clements did, likely with equal to or greater guaranteed money. Certainly given Evans status as being better than Dockery, and worlds better than either Kelsay or Langston Walker who also both got obscene deals for the value provided by them, Evans deserves much more. No? The Wysman certainly thinks so.

Therein lies the problem. If, and when, Evans and his agent decide to attempt to extend with the Bills, the absolute minimum contract that Evans should even consider is what Dockery just got, which is ~ $49 million with nearly $19 million guaranteed.

Last edited by Michael82; 04-05-2007, 05:00 AM.
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Re: Guess who has been visiting our message baord

and Derrick Dockery, a good but far from premier G,
    Whats a
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor

Comment

• Buffalogic
      Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
      • Feb 2006

soooooo stuuuupid!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

The Bills will extend Evans down the road. They know his worth.

I'm not worried about the so-called numbers. Dockery will never see 49 Mil. His contract has a large bonus and a big bump in yearly salary, prior to year 5. His contract is essentially 4 years for about 19-22 Mil, counting bonus.

If people are impressed by Weiler, so be it. I never was and see multiple holes in his delusional ramblings. He just wants to see his self serving *****ing in print.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• deathadder
          • Mar 2003

Could The Answer Be Wys? I am not a regular poster here, but I have been reading these boards since the days of Wys... Wys was a fan of Holcomb and The Answer loves Holcomb... both never like the decisions of the bills and always critisizing every move... Looks like a match to me...

Hows those Wys Wings sauce going The Answer?
          http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

The biggest question is why in the hell did billsrock post the entire article in this thread?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by deathadder
              Could The Answer Be Wys?
              No, because once in a while, Wys has a cogent thought.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla *****
                • Jul 2002

Guys, Mark helped build this site. You don't have to read his articles if you don't want to.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                  The biggest question is why in the hell did billsrock post the entire article in this thread?
                  Good post! Thread edited.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by deathadder
                    Could The Answer Be Wys? I am not a regular poster here, but I have been reading these boards since the days of Wys... Wys was a fan of Holcomb and The Answer loves Holcomb... both never like the decisions of the bills and always critisizing every move... Looks like a match to me...

Hows those Wys Wings sauce going The Answer?
                    nope, u got it wrong. They are not the same. But Wys is here, and posting as another username.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      nope, u got it wrong. They are not the same. But Wys is here, and posting as another username.
                      Patmoran went to the Schools of WYS.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

I was mildy suprised when I clicked on that link and seen my name on the original post, that's weird.

That Priick called me a homer too, lol.

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

The Bills hog tie JP without Evans it would be the dumbest move of the last 5 years to not extend him.... and thats saying a lot.
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            Patmoran went to the Schools of WYS.
                            I scanned through his article since it didn't look that long and he states we could've kept Clements for the same amount we paid Dockery?

He also forgets that with th revenue sharing we may be able to keep Evans even at a high price.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              I scanned through his article since it didn't look that long and he states we could've kept Clements for the same amount we paid Dockery?
                              I think he meant X 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X