PDA

View Full Version : Guess who has been visiting our message baord

BILLSROCK1212
04-05-2007, 01:23 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=123802 ----in reference to this Mark Weiler wrote this----

On a recent trip to one of the Bills message boards to see what the homers were up to, it did not go unnoticed that one topic included the notion that the Bills should extend Lee Evans. That sounds great, doesn’t it? Resign Lee Evans, a player that the Wysman has insisted may be a top-5 WR. Which fan does not want a player such as that on his team for the foreseeable future. But wait a minute Houston, we have a problem!

How much will Lee Evans command? The Bills let Clements walk because "they could not afford him," while simultaneously, and out of the other side of their mouths gave Derrick Dockery almost identical guaranteed money. Hmm…

So assuming that Evans, as the Wysman suggests is entirely possible, becomes a top-5 WR this season. It is difficult if not impossible to imagine that he would command any less than Clements did, likely with equal to or greater guaranteed money. Certainly given Evans status as being better than Dockery, and worlds better than either Kelsay or Langston Walker who also both got obscene deals for the value provided by them, Evans deserves much more. No? The Wysman certainly thinks so.

Therein lies the problem. If, and when, Evans and his agent decide to attempt to extend with the Bills, the absolute minimum contract that Evans should even consider is what Dockery just got, which is ~ $49 million with nearly $19 million guaranteed.

http://www.afceastreport.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=221

Marvelous
04-05-2007, 02:24 AM
and Derrick Dockery, a good but far from premier G,
Whats a :assclown:

Buffalogic
04-05-2007, 02:27 AM
soooooo stuuuupid!!!!!

Night Train
04-05-2007, 02:38 AM
The Bills will extend Evans down the road. They know his worth.

I'm not worried about the so-called numbers. Dockery will never see 49 Mil. His contract has a large bonus and a big bump in yearly salary, prior to year 5. His contract is essentially 4 years for about 19-22 Mil, counting bonus.

If people are impressed by Weiler, so be it. I never was and see multiple holes in his delusional ramblings. He just wants to see his self serving *****ing in print.

deathadder
04-05-2007, 03:09 AM
Could The Answer Be Wys? I am not a regular poster here, but I have been reading these boards since the days of Wys... Wys was a fan of Holcomb and The Answer loves Holcomb... both never like the decisions of the bills and always critisizing every move... Looks like a match to me...

Hows those Wys Wings sauce going The Answer? :oops:

jamze132
04-05-2007, 04:08 AM
The biggest question is why in the hell did billsrock post the entire article in this thread?

Jan Reimers
04-05-2007, 04:11 AM
Could The Answer Be Wys?
No, because once in a while, Wys has a cogent thought.

shelby
04-05-2007, 04:20 AM
Guys, Mark helped build this site. You don't have to read his articles if you don't want to.

Michael82
04-05-2007, 05:02 AM
The biggest question is why in the hell did billsrock post the entire article in this thread?
Good post! Thread edited. :up:

Michael82
04-05-2007, 05:03 AM
Could The Answer Be Wys? I am not a regular poster here, but I have been reading these boards since the days of Wys... Wys was a fan of Holcomb and The Answer loves Holcomb... both never like the decisions of the bills and always critisizing every move... Looks like a match to me...

nope, u got it wrong. They are not the same. But Wys is here, and posting as another username.

TacklingDummy
04-05-2007, 06:03 AM
nope, u got it wrong. They are not the same. But Wys is here, and posting as another username.

Patmoran went to the Schools of WYS.

Mitchy moo
04-05-2007, 06:54 AM
I was mildy suprised when I clicked on that link and seen my name on the original post, that's weird.

That Priick called me a homer too, lol.

The King
04-05-2007, 06:58 AM
The Bills hog tie JP without Evans it would be the dumbest move of the last 5 years to not extend him.... and thats saying a lot.

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Patmoran went to the Schools of WYS.I scanned through his article since it didn't look that long and he states we could've kept Clements for the same amount we paid Dockery?

He also forgets that with th revenue sharing we may be able to keep Evans even at a high price.

Mitchy moo
04-05-2007, 07:05 AM
I scanned through his article since it didn't look that long and he states we could've kept Clements for the same amount we paid Dockery?

I think he meant X 2.

mybills
04-05-2007, 07:09 AM

Did The Answer welcome Bledsoe to Buffalo? If so, that's not Mark. :respect:

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 07:10 AM
I think he meant X 2.
oops, my bad. He meant Dockery + Walker. Either ways , I'd rather have 2 lineman instead of 1 premier cb that isn't needed in the cover 2.

Tatonka
04-05-2007, 07:12 AM
when did wys start referring to himself in the third person. i cant stand when people do that.

i still cant read more than half his nut hugging articles that just reek of "how smart is the wysman" without throwing up a little in my mouth.

still glad he is gone.

TacklingDummy
04-05-2007, 07:19 AM
I scanned through his article since it didn't look that long and he states we could've kept Clements for the same amount we paid Dockery?

I've read somewhere that Clements contract really is not the $80 million people think it is. Something about the last year of the contract being voided as soon as Clements signs it and the last year of the contract was worth something like $18 million. They just made it a $80 million dollar contract as a gift to his agent. So his agent can say "I got Clements $80 million" when actually he didn't. So it's more like a 7 year $60 million dollar contract.

jamze132
04-05-2007, 07:34 AM
While I applaud "Wys" for taking the time to write a bunch of rather lenghty articles which obviously have been thought through to an extent, I am not a huge fan of his articles. It seems like 90% of what he writes in reflected in a negative light as to what the Bills are doing, did, or should do. I know he is a Bills fan but you would think he would try to sound a little more optimistic.

I also know that writers like to get a reaction from their work whether it be good or bad and for that I think he does a good job of that. That is the sign of a good writer and if no one had an opinion on his writing, I doubt he would still be doing it. Having said all that, I will continue to read his articles if for nothing else, entertainment and take what is written with a grain of salt why I cheer on the Bills.

Jan Reimers
04-05-2007, 08:10 AM
While I applaud "Wys" for taking the time to write a bunch of rather lenghty articles which obviously have been thought through to an extent, I am not a huge fan of his articles. It seems like 90% of what he writes in reflected in a negative light as to what the Bills are doing, did, or should do. I know he is a Bills fan but you would think he would try to sound a little more optimistic.

I also know that writers like to get a reaction from their work whether it be good or bad and for that I think he does a good job of that. That is the sign of a good writer and if no one had an opinion on his writing, I doubt he would still be doing it. Having said all that, I will continue to read his articles if for nothing else, entertainment and take what is written with a grain of salt why I cheer on the Bills.
That's almost exactly how I feel. Plus personally, Mark is a very good guy.

The Spaz
04-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Hey Wys **** you...:snicker:

TacklingDummy
04-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Hi WYS :wave:

:monkeyp: Rob Johnson sucks.

Is Travis Brown still in the NFL?

If you take away A-Trains longest run of 19 yards he ends up with 359 yards on 106 attempts for 3.38 YPC.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 08:50 AM
If the Bills let Evans walk I will lose A LOT of respect.

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 08:52 AM
If you take away A-Trains longest run of 19 yards he ends up with 359 yards on 106 attempts for 3.38 YPC.
He would take that. He said that equates to a first down.

Michael82
04-05-2007, 09:11 AM
when did wys start referring to himself in the third person. i cant stand when people do that.

i still cant read more than half his nut hugging articles that just reek of "how smart is the wysman" without throwing up a little in my mouth.

still glad he is gone.
he's not gone. He's on the boards and is posting. :ontome:

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Hey if I were a sports writer I would get on the message boards. Nine times out of ten the fans know their teams better than any expert does.

The Spaz
04-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Hey if I were a sports writer I would get on the message boards. Nine times out of ten the fans know their teams better than any expert does.

He thinks he is a writer...lol.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 09:19 AM
He thinks he is a writer...lol.
:evil:

R. Rich
04-05-2007, 10:17 AM
he's not gone. He's on the boards and is posting. :ontome:

No I'm not!

DraftBoy
04-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Hi WYS :wave:

:wave:

patmoran2006
04-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Whether people like WYS's writing or not (I dont )-- I dont remember him ever calling people names on here, and I think its discraceful that some of you talk **** about him personally because you dont enjoy his writing.

Dr. Lecter
04-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Pat is correct.

Since he is an active member, please refrain from name-calling and other violations.

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2007, 11:38 AM

still glad he is gone.
:rofl: Took the words right out of my mouth.

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Whether people like WYS's writing or not (I dont )-- I dont remember him ever calling people names on here, and I think its discraceful that some of you talk **** about him personally because you dont enjoy his writing.
didn't he just call people here in his article homers? Maybe you didn't comprehend that. (surprise)

you also haven't been here long enough.

He's a friend of mine. We hang out and watch the games together. We never see eye to eye about football however but I will always have his back....... just like Porter had his friends back. :snicker:

gil
04-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Pat is correct.

Since he is an active member, please refrain from name-calling and other violations.

well, the guy was before my time, but he did start out that article that was posted by calling people - most likely people on this message board - "Homers"

I know, in the pantheon of name-calling, that's pretty mild, but it's still name-calling.

DraftBoy
04-05-2007, 11:51 AM
well, the guy was before my time, but he did start out that article that was posted by calling people - most likely people on this message board - "Homers"

I know, in the pantheon of name-calling, that's pretty mild, but it's still name-calling.

Its not name calling via this forum, when you have people who actively refer to themselves as such, for instance I think Lecter started a thread before FA about signing up to be a homer. Its not a name as far as Im concerned, and to be honest Im pretty disgusted by many of the posters not so choice words for a founder of this site, a former and current poster, and one of the most (if not the most) passionate Bills fans I have ever had the pleasure of talking to.

The Answer
04-05-2007, 12:21 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=123802 ----in reference to this Mark Weiler wrote this----

On a recent trip to one of the Bills message boards to see what the homers were up to, it did not go unnoticed that one topic included the notion that the Bills should extend Lee Evans. That sounds great, doesn’t it? Resign Lee Evans, a player that the Wysman has insisted may be a top-5 WR. Which fan does not want a player such as that on his team for the foreseeable future. But wait a minute Houston, we have a problem!

How much will Lee Evans command? The Bills let Clements walk because "they could not afford him," while simultaneously, and out of the other side of their mouths gave Derrick Dockery almost identical guaranteed money. Hmm…

So assuming that Evans, as the Wysman suggests is entirely possible, becomes a top-5 WR this season. It is difficult if not impossible to imagine that he would command any less than Clements did, likely with equal to or greater guaranteed money. Certainly given Evans status as being better than Dockery, and worlds better than either Kelsay or Langston Walker who also both got obscene deals for the value provided by them, Evans deserves much more. No? The Wysman certainly thinks so.

Therein lies the problem. If, and when, Evans and his agent decide to attempt to extend with the Bills, the absolute minimum contract that Evans should even consider is what Dockery just got, which is ~ $49 million with nearly $19 million guaranteed.

Mark Weiler - genius personified.

The Answer has always been a big fan of Weiler's work - he tells it like it is and don't sugar coat the pathetic state of this franchise.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 12:44 PM

The Answer has always been a big fan of Weiler's work - he tells it like it is and don't sugar coat the pathetic state of this franchise.

~The Answer
that makes you and Moran big fans of his. Nice group there.

The Answer
04-05-2007, 12:48 PM
that makes you and Moran big fans of his. Nice group there.

Weiler is a non-homeristic realist like The Answer - so go ahead and lump him into the same category. The Answer is knowledgeable, hardcore sports analyst and not afraid to tell it like it is regarding the current state of affairs that have plagued this franchise this entire decade.

~The Answer

Gunzlingr
04-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Typical Wysian post.

You know if you took away his 5 best articles, he would still suck as a writer.

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Weiler is a non-homeristic realist like The Answer - so go ahead and lump him into the same category. The Answer is knowledgeable, hardcore sports analyst and not afraid to tell it like it is regarding the current state of affairs that have plagued this franchise this entire decade.

~The Answer
now there's 3 (of you) sports analysts?

Wys is now writing in 3rd party like yourself. I wonder when Pat is gonna follow.

Nice group there.

patmoran2006
04-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Dude, you scare me.. I think your obsessed.. Take a step back man

Gunzlingr
04-05-2007, 01:04 PM

~The Answer

Kinda looks like a Special Ed class reunion to me.

raphael120
04-05-2007, 01:51 PM
well i think you can gauge the success of the bills by his articles, i think when he ever is satisfied with the bills it will be a super bowl year. in retrospect, most of the things he says is right, and its quite sad...not on his part, but the bills part...its not his fault the franchise has been so horrid

TacklingDummy
04-05-2007, 02:11 PM
The Answer has always been a big fan of Weiler's work - he tells it like it is and don't sugar coat
the pathetic state of this franchise.

He takes 15 paragraphs to say something that should take 1 or 2.

The Answer
04-05-2007, 02:53 PM
He takes 15 paragraphs to say something that should take 1 or 2.

Tackling Dummy - Sheer brilliance can never be summed up in 2 paragraphs.

Give Weiler credit for taking the time to write such comprehensive, in-depth articles.

~The Answer

jamze132
04-05-2007, 03:24 PM

Give Weiler credit for taking the time to write such comprehensive, in-depth articles.

~The Answer
Like I said, I give the guy credit for what he does, he is good at it. I just wish he could channel some of his pent up frustration with the organization and write something that wasn't so negative.

Let's be real... It's no secret that the Bills have pretty much been in disaray since Marv Levy stepped down as HC. We have pretty much sucked ass since. But I still watch every second of every game because the Bills are my team that I grew up with and I am sure there are a hell of a lot of poeple on here that grew up during the "suck ass years", the "Super Bowl run years", and once again the "suck ass years".

I think we as Bills fans were spoiled during the early to mid 90's and we expect nothing less than excelence, which by the way, every team's fans should, but it isn't realistic. Yes their were some bad decisions made by the FO after Levy left and everyone from the ownership down to the fans have paid for it. But IMO, I think bringing back Levy and him hiring Dick Jauron will bring respectablility back to the franchise very soon. Some people may argue but I dont think we are really that far away from the playoffs again. It might not happen this year, but we are on the right path.

There are positive things about the Buffalo Bills to write about and I wish more diehard fans can express themselves by spending more time thinking optimisticaly instead of harping on eveything negative or on something they disagree with. Marv Levy knows a thing or two about football and as a true Bills fan, I trust him, just like we all did back in the day.

TacklingDummy
04-05-2007, 06:19 PM

His articles become a bore after the first 2.

Tatonka
04-05-2007, 06:49 PM

you're

Tatonka
04-05-2007, 06:53 PM

~The Answer

wow... wys talking about himself in the third person again

Tatonka
04-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Typical Wysian post.

You know if you took away his 5 best articles, he would still suck as a writer.
you mean if you took away his 5 worst articles...

:rofl:

Tatonka
04-05-2007, 06:57 PM

~The Answer

clark kent = superman

mark weiler = the answer

Michael82
04-05-2007, 07:59 PM
clark kent = superman

mark weiler = the answer
WRONG!

TacklingDummy
04-05-2007, 08:11 PM
mark weiler = the answer

~The Answer+ Flutie fan= Not WYS

John Doe
04-05-2007, 08:35 PM
But Wys is here, and posting as another username.

I have long suspected that, and I am pretty sure what his alternate personality is.

John Doe
04-05-2007, 08:54 PM
I have long suspected that, and I am pretty sure what his alternate personality is.

And...I was wrong.

Nighthawk
04-05-2007, 09:08 PM

He is one of the biggest tools to ever write anything on a fan message board. Who cares what he says...all he ever does is complain!

SABURZFAN
04-05-2007, 09:23 PM
I think we as Bills fans were spoiled during the early to mid 90's and we expect nothing less than excelence

that would be the newer Bills fans.a lot of us oldtimers remember when we were the Siberia of the NFL.

SABURZFAN
04-05-2007, 09:30 PM
i forgot to add...........

Wys is cool with me. :up: