• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Football Expert Mock Draft

12) Buffalo - CB Leon Hall (Michigan): This is not a great year for corners, but at least they will get the player widely regarded as the best of the bunch to relieve some of the pain when Nate Clements left for San Francisco. Last year they picked up two solid safeties in the draft (Whitner, Simpson) and if Hall turns into a solid pro they could be in great shape for quite some time in the secondary.

43) Buffalo - RB Michael Bush (Louisville): There is a bit of irony here with the Bills replacing McGahee with another player who ended his college career with a serious injury. They wind up with a steal because once healthy he represents first round talent. His rookie season will be spent gradually chewing up more carries from Anthony Thomas.

74) Buffalo - LB Justin Durant (Hampton): After the departures of Spikes and Fletcher this is a definite need that might be addressed sooner, and could be addressed again on day two.

92) *Buffalo - QB Troy Smith (Ohio State): Sooner or later a team will take their shot with a great winner. The Bills have less than settled their future at the position with Losman hanging on by a thread. Height is an issue with Smith and where better to flourish than on the form team of Doug Flutie?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • User Manuel
    The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
    • Nov 2003

Re: Football Expert Mock Draft

Originally posted by YardRat
    http://thefootballexpert.com/coxmockdraft070002.html

12) Buffalo - CB Leon Hall (Michigan): This is not a great year for corners, but at least they will get the player widely regarded as the best of the bunch to relieve some of the pain when Nate Clements left for San Francisco. Last year they picked up two solid safeties in the draft (Whitner, Simpson) and if Hall turns into a solid pro they could be in great shape for quite some time in the secondary.

43) Buffalo - RB Michael Bush (Louisville): There is a bit of irony here with the Bills replacing McGahee with another player who ended his college career with a serious injury. They wind up with a steal because once healthy he represents first round talent. His rookie season will be spent gradually chewing up more carries from Anthony Thomas.

74) Buffalo - LB Justin Durant (Hampton): After the departures of Spikes and Fletcher this is a definite need that might be addressed sooner, and could be addressed again on day two.

92) *Buffalo - QB Troy Smith (Ohio State): Sooner or later a team will take their shot with a great winner. The Bills have less than settled their future at the position with Losman hanging on by a thread. Height is an issue with Smith and where better to flourish than on the form team of Doug Flutie?
    His opening sentence on Leon Hall is why we shouldn't pick him. The Bills shouldn't pick "the best of the bunch" unless they feel he is a significant and immediate upgrade over Youboty.

No arguments on Bush or Durant. What the hell is he talking about with JP?

He odesnt seem to have a real fix on this team. It is simplistic conventional wisdom.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

That mock must have been done last November.

Comment

• R. Rich
        • Apr 2003

Haha!! My thoughts exactly, TGOJK. I really don't see a guy like Durant, who has been a player on the rise, lasting until the 74th pick in this draft. Conversely, I could see Michael Bush, who hasn't really done much to bolster his draft stock, lasting well past the 43rd pick.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Troy Smith!

Comment

• camelcowboy
            • Mar 2005

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

I think I just threw up in my mouth
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                !?!?!?!?!?
                • Mar 2006

Comment

• Scumbag College
                  • Oct 2002

The Bills have bigger needs than CB and I don't like Hall.

Bush just had a metal rod put into his leg.

Troy Smith is not going to be a very good QB in the NFL and it is doubtful that he'll ever take a whiff at QB in an NFL regular season game.

I like the Durant pick in the fourth round.

Overall, I give this mock draft a D- and if it happens the neighbor's dog is going to get the crap kicked out of it after the draft.
                  Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                    That mock must have been done last November.
                    I posted it because it was done yesterday, the fourth.

I'm not big on Hall or Bush, OK with Durant in the third, and don't think they'll take a QB until Day 2 unless someone is there they feel they just can't pass on.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

Same site, different guy's mock draft. Has the Bills taking Willis at 12 and calls him the best player in the draft.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Scumbag College
                        http://thefootballexpert.com/krowmockdraft.html

Same site, different guy's mock draft. Has the Bills taking Willis at 12 and calls him the best player in the draft.
                        Except for the 1st pick being Willis - it's not much better at all. Picking Bush doesn't make any sense for the Bills. We need a RB now, not later. Later we might as well just wait and take a RB in next year's glut of RBs. Bush will likely go to a team that already has a good RB and give him a chance to backup and heal. I could see him going to SD since Turner will be gone next year - especially if they deal him during the draft to us. I could also see him going to KC in a later round also.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Another among a number of clueless mocks. I wonder why they bother.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                            Another among a number of clueless mocks. I wonder why they bother.
                            Thank you. I would grade that a D.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                            X