PDA

View Full Version : Can we take Leonard in the 2nd and draft another RB in 3rd??

bigbub2352
04-05-2007, 08:47 AM
If we stand pat with our picks till draft day and take a defensive player with our 12th pick hopefully Willis or Okoye, would it be possible or conceivable to take Brian Leonard at FB/RB/H-back in the second round, and go after a RB with one of our 3rd round picks, say Tony Hunt, Michael Bush, Wright from Fresno State, Henry from AZ

If the draft played out that way i would be very happy that leaves us with another 3rd to take a TE or CB and then u still got 4th rd, 6th rd, and 2 7th rds to get more depth

I hope the scenario plays out this way that would truly add a much needed dimension to our offense!

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 08:48 AM
If I'm not mistaken Leonard is convinced he's a RB and has lost a lot of weight.

gil
04-05-2007, 08:50 AM
I just can't see them devoting two first day picks to RB - I know Leonard has achieved folk-hero status, but I'm not sure he's the playmaking type of back we need.

I expect them to get one RB on the first day and then maybe take a shot on another one in a later round or bring an undrafted FA or two to create some competition in camp.

R. Rich
04-05-2007, 08:50 AM
If Willis gets past San Fransisco @ #11, I'd be surprised. Okoye would be a stronger possibility out of the two, I believe.

bigbub2352
04-05-2007, 08:52 AM
If I'm not mistaken Leonard is convinced he's a RB and has lost a lot of weight.

In the article on Buffalobills.com he said he will play FB and weighs 226lbs, and says he is most affective in the flats, came down from 238lbs to run at combine, also said he will play FB no problem with that is what his team wants him to do

"If a team needs me to be a straight-ahead blocking fullback, then that's what I'll do," said Leonard. "I don't feel that using me that way would be getting the best out of me, but if the team wants me to do that, I'll do it. I think I'm at my best though when I get out in the flat, get the ball in my hands and make some people miss."
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4693

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 08:55 AM
If Willis gets past San Fransisco @ #11, I'd be surprised. Okoye would be a stronger possibility out of the two, I believe.
No way were drafting another freaking DT after we drafted McCargo in the first.

R. Rich
04-05-2007, 09:09 AM
No way were drafting another freaking DT after we drafted McCargo in the first.

Agreed, which is why I don't think either will end up in Buffalo, unless we trade up ahead of San Fransisco for Willis, which I hope we don't do, as we shouldn't be pidgeon-holing ourselves for one player/position.

Not only that, but if we were to draft one, who do we cut out of Williams, Triplett, McCargo, and Walker? Or, do people think we'd keep 5 DTs on the roster? Doubtful.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Agreed, which is why I don't think either will end up in Buffalo, unless we trade up ahead of San Fransisco for Willis, which I hope we don't do, as we shouldn't be pidgeon-holing ourselves for one player/position.
If we aren't taking Lynch I hope we trade down and grab another second or third round pick. This to me is just a very weak draft after Lynch and I think we can get good value at the 20-25 range in the draft.

R. Rich
04-05-2007, 09:14 AM
If we aren't taking Lynch I hope we trade down and grab another second or third round pick. This to me is just a very weak draft after Lynch and I think we can get good value at the 20-25 range in the draft.

Again, I don't see a need to move down. Just take a different position. It's not like the Bills can't use help elsewhere. Plus, if Peterson is gone and Lynch is all set up for Green Bay to pick, who would trade up for that pick and why? Too many people think trading down is like ordering pizza. It's not that easy.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Again, I don't see a need to move down. Just take a different position. It's not like the Bills can't use help elsewhere. Plus, if Peterson is gone and Lynch is all set up for Green Bay to pick, who would trade up for that pick and why? Too many people think trading down is like ordering pizza. It's not that easy.
Yeah but who is worth the number twelve pick other than Peterson, Willis, Lynch?

bigbub2352
04-05-2007, 09:21 AM
I think if Willis is gone we will take Leon Hall or Darrel Revis at Cb, not my choice, but i got a feeling that the Bills brass feel this way

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 09:24 AM
I think if Willis is gone we will take Leon Hall or Darrel Revis at Cb, not my choice, but i got a feeling that the Bills brass feel this way
We can still probably trade down and get one of those guys.

bigbub2352
04-05-2007, 09:25 AM
We can still probably trade down and get one of those guys.

I agree 100% but we need to find a partner

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 09:26 AM
I agree 100% but we need to find a partner
I'm sure someone out there would take the bait. If not then best player available.

jamesiscool
04-05-2007, 09:28 AM

we better trade down for that. almost if not all three of those CB's will be on the board when we draft at 12.

NJFINSFAN1
04-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Leonard is a beast and will be a steal for whom ever drafts him.

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 09:47 AM
don't forget , unless we move Cieslak to the fb position, we don't have one yet so I wouldn't be surprised if Marv has him in his sights. He also has academic honors and that should make him a Marv and Dick guy.

bigbub2352
04-05-2007, 02:22 PM
don't forget , unless we move Cieslak to the fb position, we don't have one yet so I wouldn't be surprised if Marv has him in his sights. He also has academic honors and that should make him a Marv and Dick guy.
i agree, plus he is from around here, i just think if we get the guy we want in the first and dont make the trade for turner, why not, u still got A-train and u can take someone in the 3rd as well it would be nice