• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Turner at OBD today

I didnt see this posted, if it is ill merge the threads:

Buffalo Bills: The official source of the latest Bills headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and game day information

And:

BRIGGS INTEREST?: With Briggs current approach to his situation as the franchise player in Chicago which is adversarial to say the least there is some specualtion out there that with Washington's proposed trade offer dead in the water that there are other teams ready to swoop in and make a deal. Scout.com speculates that Jacksonville, Buffalo or the Giants "could" and I stress the word 'could' because I'd be a bit surprised if the Bills make an offer for him.

While I don't doubt that both Dick Jauron and Perry Fewell have a high regard for him as a player, my doubts are rooted more in the economics of such a deal.

Sure the Bills need LB help but they just moved an expensive LB (Spikes) in a trade that gained them some more financial maneuverability. I can't see them using all the financial flexibility they created and then some to sign a guy like Briggs which would only put them in a more difficult situation in which to address their other needs defensively as well as RB.
    ---
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • billsburgh
    • Jul 2003

Re: Turner at OBD today

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 11:56 AM ET | Link

TURNER VISIT: Well Turner is in the building and making his way around One Bills Drive to speak to the coaching staff. I do like Turner as a player and he'd obviously be the odds on favorite to be the team's starter at RB if Buffalo can swing a deal for him. I followed his college career closely having served on the U.B. Bulls radio broadcast team for three years and the Bulls play in the same conference as Northern Illinois (Mid-American). I just like his versatility in terms of being able to turn the corner or hit the hole between the tackles. The only unknown about him is his pass catching ability. I'm not saying he can't, it's just that he's never been asked to do it on a consistent basis. I don't know if that's because he's not great at it, or because he was so successful as a rusher that it wasn't necessary (at least in college). In the pros he was mostly getting extensive time when the game's result was no longer in doubt, and the Chargers in most cases were interested in killing clock which means 'Run the ball Turner.' Cross your fingers on this one, it would be a huge 'get' to land this guy. ---

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I completely disagree with that logic- tying up the money in Briggs would be paying for a player who is performing vs for one who wasn't performing in Spikes. And if they don't get Turner, who else is there to spend the money on?

Or, to simplify- I fail to see the logic in NOT using "financial flexibility" to fill a glaring hole.

I won't be upset if we get Turner, but I'd rather see us get Briggs because there are more options for RB than for LB at this point.

If we get neither and don't get Patrick Willis in the draft, it's gonna be a LOONNNG season.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

It has finally come to pass that Turner is at OBD. chuck san diego a 2nd and 3rd for this guy marv. git er done

Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

A 2nd yes. I would be weary of a 3rd as well.

Maybe a 3rd next year. Even Baltimore's 3rd would be a littel too much of a throw in.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• billsburgh
            • Jul 2003

hey Pat, get your sign and get over to the Ralph. NOW.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

I could easily list 5-7 Cover 2 LB's we could get in Rounds 2-3 who have the talent to play right away and play well. Ellison type ability.

I cannot see numbers at ALL for RB's. Limited selection.

So make the run at Turner.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

Maybe a 3rd next year. Even Baltimore's 3rd would be a littel too much of a throw in.
                That seemed to be the general thought in NFL circles, from what I read. Not some gossip.. A 2nd now and a 3rd next year (we have an extra 3rd, don't forget).
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

There is no way we would pay that much money for Briggs.. So we can all FORGET about that. that is 100% pure Buffalo BIlls economics.. We'd have to significantly go over the "cash to cap" to get him.

by regular cap standards we could easily afford both of them via trades, but it aint gonna happen.

Our best (and only) hope is Turner.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Now I'm really confused. I thought he wasn't going to come untill next week?

Comment

• venis2k1
                      Youboty can hope
                      • Jul 2002

keep our picks, he isnt worth the asking price.

Comment

• billsburgh
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Night Train
                        That seemed to be the general thought in NFL circles, from what I read. Not some gossip.. A 2nd now and a 3rd next year (we have an extra 3rd, don't forget).
                        I wouldnt be upset by a deal like that. seems to be fair. as long as it doesnt involve our 1st round pick.

Comment

• Romes
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

Normally I'd say only a second but because we have two 3rds I'd willing to part with one.
                          Originally posted by paladin warrior
                          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                            I could easily list 5-7 Cover 2 LB's we could get in Rounds 2-3 who have the talent to play right away and play well. Ellison type ability.

I cannot see numbers at ALL for RB's. Limited selection.

So make the run at Turner.
                            Here's the thing- we had Ellison-type ability in Ellison last year and it got us 7-9. So if we're going to improve we need to do BETTER, not do the same thing.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BAM
                              • Sep 2003

Sounds good. Sign 'em up!

Comment

Working...
                              X