• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Turner and just swap firsts

I heard from a sports writting friend of mine that tomorrow Micheal Turner could be wearing a bills uniform.

I hear that the deal is swapping first round draft picks, and then us signing Turner to a deal.

Apparently SD really wants a WR and has one in mind, and that is why they want to move up in the draft.

I do not mind this pick because it will be a lower pick, I would be willing to beat it could be Ryan Kahil who would be our starting RG. Other possiblities include Jon Beason, Paul P, Sidney Rice, Marcus McCulley, or someone I have no idea of. This would also be a cheaper contract than 12 and would allow us to resign are impact guys in the future.

The Fox

Again this is all speculation

Say that guy isn't lying. Would you have a problem with that? We can still fill a need and draft someone like Beason, Poz, Timmons (reportedly sliding down draft boards), Jarrett, Rice, McCauley, Ross....those are some really could players and if we can fill one need (RB) and swap picks it would be like taking a RB with the 12th pick and getting the 30th pick for free. Any thoughts on this?
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Re: Turner and just swap firsts

Michael Turner-RB- Chargers Apr. 5 - 8:21 am et

The Titans reportedly aren't considering giving up a first-round pick for Michael Turner.
    The restricted free agent would cost a first and a third to sign to an offer sheet, but no one is interested for that price. It's up to Chargers GM A.J. Smith how flexible he is with compensation. A second-rounder and a later pick could possibly get it done.
    Source: The Tennessean

Juat after posting that I found this. I wonder what the asking price is now.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I guess I'd be okay with swapping 1st because we'll still have the same number of picks to fill holes, plus we won't have to pay the #12 money.

But other than Calvin Johnson, any WR they pick at #12 is a big reach.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
          I guess I'd be okay with swapping 1st because we'll still have the same number of picks to fill holes, plus we won't have to pay the #12 money.

But other than Calvin Johnson, any WR they pick at #12 is a big reach.
          look at the second post in the thread though

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

If we swap firsts we better be getting another 1st day pick.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Swapping 1sts have the same value as straight up 2nd and a 4th or so. But then we'll be out one draft pick.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Swapping 1sts have the same value as straight up 2nd and a 4th or so. But then we'll be out one draft pick.
                Swap firsts and give them the third we got from Baltimore.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

huh? We'll be even if we swap 1sts- a swap is a swap, plus we'd have Turner.

This is how I see it: If we trade down in the first to get Turner and keep our second and thirds, and Patrick Willis is OFF the board, Marv will look like a damn genius. If Willis is still on the board at our original 12, the wisdom of the decision will depend on which LB's he finds in the draft and how they perform.

I guess it depends on how Marv evaluates a) the possiblities of Willis being available at 12 and b) the strength of the LB's that will be available in the late first and the 2nd.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

That's way too expensive. No way.

Comment

• jpdex12
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                      Michael Turner-RB- Chargers Apr. 5 - 8:21 am et

The Titans reportedly aren't considering giving up a first-round pick for Michael Turner.
                      The restricted free agent would cost a first and a third to sign to an offer sheet, but no one is interested for that price. It's up to Chargers GM A.J. Smith how flexible he is with compensation. A second-rounder and a later pick could possibly get it done.
                      Source: The Tennessean

Juat after posting that I found this. I wonder what the asking price is now.
                      Just remember the strong ties that Levy has with AJ Smith. They have to be worth something. I think that Buffalo gets the deal done in the next few days. If they don't then Turner is being a dick and asking for too much money. In that case, sianora baby! I think that AL Smith will be reasonable with the trade with Marv. I would suspect that Buffalo already has an agreed deal on the table with SD, they just need to convince Turner that Buffalo is the place and he can't be expecting to make $7 mill a year. Buffalo has the better opportunity for his as we have an older RB that he has to beat and Tennessee has a young second rounder that he would have to contend with, not that the 260 pound White sounds in shape or anything.

If it was meant to be fellas then we will get him, otherwise we will get some RB help in the draft and we will still be fine. I would be willing to bet that we still draft a RB ni the draft next year too!
                      Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• jamesiscool
                        suck it fool.
                        • Feb 2007

i wouldn't mind that at all. in fact it could be good for us. we could pick up an OLB right around where theyre going to be valued at and we still have all of the picks we had when we came into teh draft.

i like this.

IN MARV WE TRUST
                        Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          huh? We'll be even if we swap 1sts- a swap is a swap, plus we'd have Turner.
                          That's what I'm saying. Whereas giving them a 2nd and 4th we'd be short 1 pick.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

That's what I'm saying. Whereas giving them a 2nd and 4th we'd be short 1 pick.
                            ah cool- that makes sense. I misread it the first time.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Romes
                              • Jul 2002

I look at it this way, assuming lynch and turner are equal (which i don't I like turner much more) . getting turner and swapping firsts would be like picking Lynch at #12 AND getting a pick later in the 1st. I'd do that in a heart beat.
                              Originally posted by paladin warrior
                              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X