PDA

View Full Version : Turner and just swap firsts

BILLSROCK1212
04-05-2007, 12:14 PM
http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/thread/1612126.aspx

I heard from a sports writting friend of mine that tomorrow Micheal Turner could be wearing a bills uniform.

I hear that the deal is swapping first round draft picks, and then us signing Turner to a deal.

Apparently SD really wants a WR and has one in mind, and that is why they want to move up in the draft.

I do not mind this pick because it will be a lower pick, I would be willing to beat it could be Ryan Kahil who would be our starting RG. Other possiblities include Jon Beason, Paul P, Sidney Rice, Marcus McCulley, or someone I have no idea of. This would also be a cheaper contract than 12 and would allow us to resign are impact guys in the future.

The Fox

Again this is all speculation

Say that guy isn't lying. Would you have a problem with that? We can still fill a need and draft someone like Beason, Poz, Timmons (reportedly sliding down draft boards), Jarrett, Rice, McCauley, Ross....those are some really could players and if we can fill one need (RB) and swap picks it would be like taking a RB with the 12th pick and getting the 30th pick for free. Any thoughts on this?

BILLSROCK1212
04-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Michael Turner-RB- Chargers Apr. 5 - 8:21 am et

The Titans reportedly aren't considering giving up a first-round pick for Michael Turner.
The restricted free agent would cost a first and a third to sign to an offer sheet, but no one is interested for that price. It's up to Chargers GM A.J. Smith how flexible he is with compensation. A second-rounder and a later pick could possibly get it done.
Source: The Tennessean

Juat after posting that I found this. I wonder what the asking price is now.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 12:17 PM
:pray:

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2007, 12:23 PM
I guess I'd be okay with swapping 1st because we'll still have the same number of picks to fill holes, plus we won't have to pay the #12 money.

But other than Calvin Johnson, any WR they pick at #12 is a big reach.

BILLSROCK1212
04-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I guess I'd be okay with swapping 1st because we'll still have the same number of picks to fill holes, plus we won't have to pay the #12 money.

But other than Calvin Johnson, any WR they pick at #12 is a big reach.look at the second post in the thread though

madness
04-05-2007, 12:26 PM
If we swap firsts we better be getting another 1st day pick. :mad:

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Swapping 1sts have the same value as straight up 2nd and a 4th or so. But then we'll be out one draft pick.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Swapping 1sts have the same value as straight up 2nd and a 4th or so. But then we'll be out one draft pick.
Swap firsts and give them the third we got from Baltimore.

OpIv37
04-05-2007, 12:30 PM

huh? We'll be even if we swap 1sts- a swap is a swap, plus we'd have Turner.

This is how I see it: If we trade down in the first to get Turner and keep our second and thirds, and Patrick Willis is OFF the board, Marv will look like a damn genius. If Willis is still on the board at our original 12, the wisdom of the decision will depend on which LB's he finds in the draft and how they perform.

I guess it depends on how Marv evaluates a) the possiblities of Willis being available at 12 and b) the strength of the LB's that will be available in the late first and the 2nd.

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2007, 12:31 PM
That's way too expensive. No way.

jpdex12
Michael Turner-RB- Chargers Apr. 5 - 8:21 am et

The Titans reportedly aren't considering giving up a first-round pick for Michael Turner.
The restricted free agent would cost a first and a third to sign to an offer sheet, but no one is interested for that price. It's up to Chargers GM A.J. Smith how flexible he is with compensation. A second-rounder and a later pick could possibly get it done.
Source: The Tennessean

Juat after posting that I found this. I wonder what the asking price is now.

Just remember the strong ties that Levy has with AJ Smith. They have to be worth something. I think that Buffalo gets the deal done in the next few days. If they don't then Turner is being a dick and asking for too much money. In that case, sianora baby! I think that AL Smith will be reasonable with the trade with Marv. I would suspect that Buffalo already has an agreed deal on the table with SD, they just need to convince Turner that Buffalo is the place and he can't be expecting to make $7 mill a year. Buffalo has the better opportunity for his as we have an older RB that he has to beat and Tennessee has a young second rounder that he would have to contend with, not that the 260 pound White sounds in shape or anything.

If it was meant to be fellas then we will get him, otherwise we will get some RB help in the draft and we will still be fine. I would be willing to bet that we still draft a RB ni the draft next year too!

jamesiscool
i wouldn't mind that at all. in fact it could be good for us. we could pick up an OLB right around where theyre going to be valued at and we still have all of the picks we had when we came into teh draft.

i like this.

IN MARV WE TRUST

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2007, 12:32 PM
huh? We'll be even if we swap 1sts- a swap is a swap, plus we'd have Turner.
That's what I'm saying. Whereas giving them a 2nd and 4th we'd be short 1 pick.

OpIv37
04-05-2007, 12:32 PM
That's what I'm saying. Whereas giving them a 2nd and 4th we'd be short 1 pick.

ah cool- that makes sense. I misread it the first time.

Romes
04-05-2007, 12:35 PM
I look at it this way, assuming lynch and turner are equal (which i don't I like turner much more) . getting turner and swapping firsts would be like picking Lynch at #12 AND getting a pick later in the 1st. I'd do that in a heart beat.

Saratoga Slim
04-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I look at it this way, assuming lynch and turner are equal (which i don't I like turner much more) . getting turner and swapping firsts would be like picking Lynch at #12 AND getting a pick later in the 1st. I'd do that in a heart beat.

Brilliant. You're right.

Plus we can still get a very good LB at 30.

billsburgh
04-05-2007, 12:40 PM
the only way I would involve our 1st round pick at all is if Patrick Willis isnt there at 12. A player like him at lb is much more important to this team.

DraftBoy
04-05-2007, 12:43 PM
straight swap of 1sts and we get Turner, lets do it!

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-05-2007, 12:43 PM
I think I am OK with that scenario. I would much rather the Chargers give up a pick also, but that is the homer in me. Maybe picking up a 5th for the one they traded.

Looking at the trade value chart:
If Turner's value is 270-580 pts, which is a 2nd rounder, let us say he is worth the top pick in the 2nd which is 580 points. Then the trade looks even:

12th pick is worth 1,200 points

30th pick - 620
Turner - 580
Total - 1200

But do the Bills feel he is worth the top pick in the 2nd round?

acehole
04-05-2007, 12:46 PM
Every post raises a new possibility. What about the trading that for Briggs? (SD 1first rounder)?

Remember I said by Friday..>Turner would be a Bill.

Let see....I will then change my name to "Da man!"

I heard from a sports writting friend of mine that tomorrow Micheal Turner could be wearing a bills uniform.

I hear that the deal is swapping first round draft picks, and then us signing Turner to a deal.

Apparently SD really wants a WR and has one in mind, and that is why they want to move up in the draft.

I do not mind this pick because it will be a lower pick, I would be willing to beat it could be Ryan Kahil who would be our starting RG. Other possiblities include Jon Beason, Paul P, Sidney Rice, Marcus McCulley, or someone I have no idea of. This would also be a cheaper contract than 12 and would allow us to resign are impact guys in the future.

The Fox

Again this is all speculation

Say that guy isn't lying. Would you have a problem with that? We can still fill a need and draft someone like Beason, Poz, Timmons (reportedly sliding down draft boards), Jarrett, Rice, McCauley, Ross....those are some really could players and if we can fill one need (RB) and swap Every postpicks it would be like taking a RB with the 12th pick and getting the 30th pick for free. Any thoughts on this?

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 12:51 PM
[url]I heard from a sports writting friend of mine that tomorrow Micheal Turner could be wearing a bills uniform.

I wonder if his sportswriting buddy has the intials PM.

camelcowboy
04-05-2007, 12:58 PM
I would perfer to swap picks straight up. Turner fills hole at rb, outside linebackers at 30, and have a pick at 42. Give me the deal in a heart beat. You would still have the thirds for best available depth players. Maybe we pick leonard at full back. Or with 30, and 42 your could move up to draft a player that has fallen out of the top 15. I have no problem with swaping 1st

THATHURMANATOR
04-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Just get something done with this dude. I am sick of talking about it.

jamesiscool
04-05-2007, 01:02 PM

:respect:

we need sumthin else to talk about... this is starting to get old.

Mr. Pink
04-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Would you say a guy that has ran for 900 yards on 150 carries (estimates) over his NFL career, 3 seasons, and is still young at 25 years old is worth what the 33rd overall pick is?

Open question to everyone. Just curious what the viewpoints everyone has.

patmoran2006
04-05-2007, 01:08 PM
I wonder if his sportswriting buddy has the intials PM. That obsessed with talking about me when im not even part of a thread, eh?
http://www.monsterjones.com/Psycho.gif

TigerJ
04-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Turner for a swap would be a good deal. I actually like that idea a little better than a second and a third for Turner. I figure the Bills really need two linebacers at this point, a starter and a quality backup, and really could use another good CB. They could use a quality #2 receiver and a tight end too, and. If they give up a second and a third for Turner, they would likely target Willis in round one. What do they do with their third round pick? Probably linebacker or CB. That means you're pushing everything else down to day 2 of the draft. If you switch with San Diego, you can still get 2 linebackers, a cornerback and your choice of wide receiver or tight end all, on day one of the draft. Drafting smart you could really help your team and go into training camp with very few holes.

JPFBillsFan
04-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I would do swaping spots in the 1st this year and a conditional pick next year from them. Then with there pick take Siler or Leonard. Otherwise I'd offer there pick or our 2nd to Chicago 1-1 for Briggs.

This is if we got enough money to sign them both. To me Turner will cost less than our #12 pick....so getting there #1 to would ROck

camelcowboy
04-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Would you say a guy that has ran for 900 yards on 150 carries (estimates) over his NFL career, 3 seasons, and is still young at 25 years old is worth what the 33rd overall pick is?

Open question to everyone. Just curious what the viewpoints everyone has.

His 550 yards last year look almost as good McGahee 990. Besides he was super productive in College, worked behind the best running back in the world. He's not a rookie, and he might actually be able to convert a 3rd and 1. He's still a young 25 and doesn't have that much ware.

dannyek71
04-05-2007, 01:18 PM
If we give up more than a 2nd rounder straight up for him I will seriously be upset. Look at the compensation we got for WM, or the Bengals got for CD a few years ago.

Being a good backup and a good starter are two very different things. Look no further than Lamont Jordan.

Most any RB can flourish in a good system, which SD undoubedly has. The RB posistion is the most overratted posistion in Football.

dannyek71
04-05-2007, 01:19 PM
I would do swaping spots in the 1st this year and a conditional pick next year from them. Then with there pick take Siler or Leonard. Otherwise I'd offer there pick or our 2nd to Chicago 1-1 for Briggs.

This is if we got enough money to sign them both. To me Turner will cost less than our #12 pick....so getting there #1 to would ROck

Yea, but remember we'd also have to sign Turner to a large $$$ contract. So no Briggs there.

The way to build your team is through draft picks, not big $$$ FA's. Lets stockpile the picks and build up.

raphael120
04-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Yea, but remember we'd also have to sign Turner to a large $$$ contract. So no Briggs there.

The way to build your team is through draft picks, not big $$$ FA's. Lets stockpile the picks and build up.

good points...not only do we have draft picks to consider, but money we'd have to sign him to...we could lose out 2 ways...out of picks, and out of a butt load of cash

Ickybaluky
04-05-2007, 02:48 PM

Perhaps you should suggest an alternate topic.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 02:53 PM

Giving up a 1st, which is what it is, for a backup RB drafted in the 5th round 3 years ago is beyond stupid. He's worth a 2nd at best.

jamze132
04-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Perhaps you should suggest an alternate topic.
You're right since their ain't much going on this time of year.

But I know one thing, if this rumor turns out to be a bunch of bullshizer, there are going to be a lot of posters who are going to neg the hell out of Billsrock1212.

evol4276
04-05-2007, 04:22 PM
i hope we dont lose or swap our first because if we do I still want the possibility to grab willis.. that is if sf arent asses and steal him before us

Michael82
04-05-2007, 07:16 PM
I'd prefer to swap, because I have a feeling Willis will be gone at 12 anyways and there will be no one worth taking. Plus we will still be able to get a pretty good OLB at #30 and would have our 2nd rounder too.