PDA

View Full Version : Feeley intimidated by The Holcomb's presence?

The Answer
04-05-2007, 12:28 PM
http://www.delcotimes.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18170989&BRD=1675&PAG=461&dept_id=18170&rfi=6

"Another benefit of playing for the Eagles is fans hang on every throw and every sentence whether you’re the franchise quarterback or, say the guy acquired last week from the Buffalo Bills with linebacker Takeo Spikes, which is the space occupied by veteran Kelly Holcomb.

Feeley couldn’t help but be vague when asked about Holcomb, the 11-year veteran quarterback who turns 34 just before training camp. There wasn’t much to say other than they met while Feeley for Miami in the AFC, and that Holcomb seems like a nice guy.

While Eagles head coach Andy Reid has indicated Feeley is the clear backup to McNabb, some details likely must be addressed. Feeley is due $800,000 in base pay this season after signing a three-year contract extension. Holcomb, on the other hand, is scheduled to earn a $1.485 million base in 2007. Garcia might have come back for that type of money.

"I got signed back to be a No. 2 quarterback," Feeley said. "I don’t know if that speaks for itself or it doesn’t. But there’s always competition. As a quarterback you know you’re always evaluated on your last performance. That being said, you’ve always got to prove yourself."

Feeley, ironically, will be teaching the offense to Holcomb who hasn’t practiced it since early in his career.

That’s just as surprising as the Eagles’ decision to bring in an older veteran after declining to re-sign the 37-year-old Garcia.

"I knew we needed to get another guy," Feeley said. "An offseason with just one quarterback who’s actually played in the NFL is tough because it’s hard to evaluate other players. I knew we needed a third guy for minicamps and everything else. With Donovan, you don’t know whether he’s going to be here at minicamp or training camp. So you definitely need a guy, kind of a seasoned guy that’s been there before. So it didn’t surprise me."

~The Answer

feldspar
04-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Holcomb for President.

gil
04-05-2007, 12:36 PM
So, outside of you, who cares about the competition for the backup QB spot on a team in the NFC East?

jamesiscool
04-05-2007, 12:38 PM
holcomb's a bum. feely is a bum. mcnabb is good when he's not hurt....

wheres that leave the QB situation in philly.

Night Train
That's like saying Stamer is intimidated by Wire's presence.

Who cares ?

The Answer
So, outside of you, who cares about the competition for the backup QB spot on a team in the NFC East?

The Answer don't know if you know this - but we do play the NFC East next year and the impending Holcomb VS. Losman showdown looms large.....could be game of the year, ton of offense and lots of points scored.

~The Answer

Mr. Pink
04-05-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm enamored over which blade of grass is going to grow quicker in my front yard. Or which wall of my house is gonna dry faster after painting.

Get off of Holcombs' jock. It's quite boring and frankly no one cares.

The Answer
04-05-2007, 12:40 PM
holcomb's a bum. feely is a bum. mcnabb is good when he's not hurt....

wheres that leave the QB situation in philly.

Holcomb + Andy Reid's west coast offense = HUGE THINGS

~The Answer

jamesiscool
04-05-2007, 12:41 PM
could be game of the year, ton of offense and lots of points scored.

~The Answer

that is by far the funniest/dumbest/uneducated thing ive ever seen on this board. you are the only person who cares about a career backup that got traded to the NFC.

let it go.

casdhf
04-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Can someone who speaks in the 3rd person, really use the term we? Shouldn't everything be "The Bills fans, the Buffalo Bills and The Answer," or maybe I'm looking too far into this.

jamesiscool
Holcomb + Andy Reid's west coast offense = HUGE THINGS

~The Answer

holcomb sucks + holcomb sucks = holcomb sucks x 2.

The Answer
I'm enamored over which blade of grass is going to grow quicker in my front yard. Or which wall of my house is gonna dry faster after painting.

Get off of Holcombs' jock. It's quite boring and frankly no one cares.

You are a browns fan correct?

The Answer senses a bit of anymousity here - don't hate on The Holcomb just because your franchise is still a joke and went further down the toilet after Holcomb's departure.

~The Answer

feldspar
the impending Holcomb VS. Losman showdown looms large~The Answer

Since when?

The Answer
04-05-2007, 12:45 PM
that is by far the funniest/dumbest/uneducated thing ive ever seen on this board. you are the only person who cares about a career backup that got traded to the NFC.

let it go.

You are going to be very surprised this fall when Holcomb is running the Eagles high octane offense and makes it to the probowl once McNabb gets hurt again.

Meanwhile - regardless if JP struggles or plays well, we will be out of contention by november as usual.

~The Answer

feldspar
04-05-2007, 12:46 PM
The Answer should change his name to "the Questionable at Best."

jamesiscool
04-05-2007, 12:49 PM
You are a browns fan correct?

The Answer senses a bit of anymousity here - don't hate on The Holcomb just because your franchise is still a joke and went further down the toilet after Holcomb's departure.

~The Answer

and you think holcomb could have saved the browns franchise......

your posts are full of mindless bull**** said by a fanatical nitpicker who has nothing better to do but ride holcombs dick.

he sucks, he's gone, he's going to be the highest paid 3rd string QB if he makes it through camp.

LET IT GO

The Answer
04-05-2007, 12:54 PM
and you think holcomb could have saved the browns franchise......

your posts are full of mindless bull**** said by a fanatical nitpicker who has nothing better to do but ride holcombs dick.

he sucks, he's gone, he's going to be the highest paid 3rd string QB if he makes it through camp.

LET IT GO

:nuk::baby:

The Answer detects another angry and frustrated fan - no need to whine and cry, The Answer wishes Holcomb is still a Bill as well but he's not and has moved on to greener pastures.

~The Answer

Generalissimus Gibby
04-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Answer I know you want your boy Holcomb to win a ring in Philly to justify your claim. However, the only way he wins a ring is the same way Robosack did, namely as the 3rd string clipboarder.

Devin
04-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Holcomb blows ass.

feelthepain
04-05-2007, 02:00 PM

The Answer has the answer, it just doesn't feel like answering!

jamesiscool
04-05-2007, 02:02 PM
:nuk::baby:

The Answer detects another angry and frustrated fan - no need to whine and cry, The Answer wishes Holcomb is still a Bill as well but he's not and has moved on to greener pastures.

~The Answer

angry/frustrated with the bills and their trading of kelly holcomb? no. wanna talk about being comfortable with mediocrirty? thats kelly holcomb. mediocre at best never good or extraordinary.

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 02:04 PM
but we do play the NFC East next year and the impending Holcomb VS. Losman showdown looms large..... I hope So. that's one win for us.

jamze132
04-05-2007, 04:06 PM
The Answer don't know if you know this - but we do play the NFC East next year and the impending Holcomb VS. Losman showdown looms large.....could be game of the year, ton of offense and lots of points scored.

~The Answer
Your post has a touch of down syndrome.

BTW, you got what your were looking for.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 04:08 PM
Shiva, give it up.

jmb1099
04-05-2007, 05:51 PM
The Answer has the answer, it just doesn't feel like answering!
Jmb1099 thinks that FTP explaining the Answer is like hearing nails on a chalkboard and being kicked in the crotch at the same time...sensless and cruel.

AndreReed83
04-05-2007, 06:29 PM
I'd like to know where in the article is even remotely hints at Feeley being intimidated? If anything, it makes things sound bad for Holcomb. Doesn't know the offense. Is being paid quite a bit of money. Sounds like cut bait.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 06:30 PM
Jmb1099 thinks that FTP explaining the Answer is like hearing nails on a chalkboard and being kicked in the crotch at the same time...sensless and cruel.
gr8slayer agrees with this post.