We need to take Willis even if Peterson is most likely there at #12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

We need to take Willis even if Peterson is most likely there at #12.

I think Peterson is going to be there at #12. I think we are stupid if we take him over Willis. Rookie RBs aren't impact players year one.

Willis is a solid starter especially when the ramp up at LB is pretty quick.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: We need to take Willis even if Peterson is most likely there at #12.

I disagree. Lynch I could pass on but if by some act of god Peterson fell to 12......youve lost your marbles if you think we dont take him. (assuming of course we havent signed Turner).
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

1- Do you base your draft choices on who will be the better ROOKIE or who will have a better career? I'm curious.

2- you said Peterson will be there. what makes you think that he will be on the board? As a Bills fan, I have in a very bias way attempted to make him last to us, and I cant come up with any logical scenario he's on the board at 12..

3- I also dont think Willis will be there either.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Stewie
        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
        • Aug 2002

rookie running backs don't make an impact? huh? reggie bush, lawrence maroney, joseph addai, jerious norwood, maurice drew.... and thats just from last year and off the top of my head
        Originally posted by Topdog
        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
        Originally posted by mercyrule
        I love Weiner.
        Originally posted by mercyrule
        also cheese

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

IF AP happened to be on the board; Marv wouldnt even have to hand the pick in.. He'd walk up to Goodell with an Oklahoma #28 jersey on.

(being hypothetical- he'll be in Bflo on draft day)

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by paulB
            rookie running backs don't make an impact? huh? reggie bush, lawrence maroney, joseph addai, jerious norwood, maurice drew.... and thats just from last year and off the top of my head
            Leon Johnson too
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• jdbillsfan
              • Oct 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              I think Peterson is going to be there at #12. I think we are stupid if we take him over Willis. Rookie RBs aren't impact players year one.

Peterson is one of the top 2 or 3 players in the draft.

Willis may not even be the best LB.

Comment

• The Answer
                The Plagiarist
                • Mar 2007

The Answer agrees for the most part about drafting RB's in the first round, but Peterson is a blue chipper for sure. The Answer has him ranked on his big board in the top 5 right behind Calvin Johnson.

Willis on the other hand still a great prospect - but very risky at #12 based on what The Answer has observed in analyzing hours of film on him.

~The Answer

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Well I have listened to about 10 different sports shows and his 6' 2" upright running style, along with his propensity to get banged up, isn't excatly translating to "blue chipper" in the NFL. This isn't Reggie Bush we are talking about.

Look at the teams ahead of us in the draft. They all have more pressing needs than RB and there are enough questions floating around about him that there is a better than 50/50 chance he could be there at #12. He's not a top 5 player in the draft.

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by The Answer
                    The Answer agrees for the most part about drafting RB's in the first round, but Peterson is a blue chipper for sure. The Answer has him ranked on his big board in the top 5 right behind Calvin Johnson.

Willis on the other hand still a great prospect - but very risky at #12 based on what The Answer has observed in analyzing hours of film on him.

~The Answer
                    and by hours of film you mean 20 minutes on youtube?

Give me a break.
                    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• mikemac2001
                      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      IF AP happened to be on the board; Marv wouldnt even have to hand the pick in.. He'd walk up to Goodell with an Oklahoma #28 jersey on.

(being hypothetical- he'll be in Bflo on draft day)

ok i liked that laughed a little...Done deal tho if he is there and we havent traded for turner

MUCK
                      FIAMI

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Huh????

Reggie Bush started 8 games had 565 yards and 6 TD's.

LT ran for 1236 and 10 TD's

Portis ran for 1500 and 15 TD's

Its important to get the right one, but hell yeah they can make a impact.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
                          Huh????

Reggie Bush is a freak of nature.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
                            Huh????

I'm not going to waste my time giving you the "bust list".

Comment

• The Answer
                              The Plagiarist
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Devin
                              and by hours of film you mean 20 minutes on youtube?

Give me a break.
                              Um No.

The Answer is a freelance scout - already explained this to you (or one of your minions) before.

The Answer has seen Peterson, as well as several big names in the draft this year, in person. The Answer has also thorougly analyzed flim on Peterson and knows this kid is the real deal compared to some of the other prospects this year.

Of course the big concern is with injury - but that's not going to stop a number of teams pursuit of him.

~The Answer

Comment

Working...
                              X