PDA

View Full Version : We need to take Willis even if Peterson is most likely there at #12.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 02:13 PM
I think Peterson is going to be there at #12. I think we are stupid if we take him over Willis. Rookie RBs aren't impact players year one.

Willis is a solid starter especially when the ramp up at LB is pretty quick.

Devin
04-05-2007, 02:16 PM
I disagree. Lynch I could pass on but if by some act of god Peterson fell to 12......youve lost your marbles if you think we dont take him. (assuming of course we havent signed Turner).

patmoran2006
04-05-2007, 02:17 PM
1- Do you base your draft choices on who will be the better ROOKIE or who will have a better career? I'm curious.

2- you said Peterson will be there. what makes you think that he will be on the board? As a Bills fan, I have in a very bias way attempted to make him last to us, and I cant come up with any logical scenario he's on the board at 12..

3- I also dont think Willis will be there either.

Stewie
04-05-2007, 02:17 PM
rookie running backs don't make an impact? huh? reggie bush, lawrence maroney, joseph addai, jerious norwood, maurice drew.... and thats just from last year and off the top of my head

patmoran2006
04-05-2007, 02:20 PM
IF AP happened to be on the board; Marv wouldnt even have to hand the pick in.. He'd walk up to Goodell with an Oklahoma #28 jersey on.

(being hypothetical- he'll be in Bflo on draft day)

casdhf
04-05-2007, 02:27 PM
rookie running backs don't make an impact? huh? reggie bush, lawrence maroney, joseph addai, jerious norwood, maurice drew.... and thats just from last year and off the top of my head Leon Johnson too

jdbillsfan
04-05-2007, 02:31 PM
I think Peterson is going to be there at #12. I think we are stupid if we take him over Willis. Rookie RBs aren't impact players year one.

Peterson is one of the top 2 or 3 players in the draft.

Willis may not even be the best LB.

The Answer
04-05-2007, 02:51 PM

The Answer agrees for the most part about drafting RB's in the first round, but Peterson is a blue chipper for sure. The Answer has him ranked on his big board in the top 5 right behind Calvin Johnson.

Willis on the other hand still a great prospect - but very risky at #12 based on what The Answer has observed in analyzing hours of film on him.

~The Answer

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Well I have listened to about 10 different sports shows and his 6' 2" upright running style, along with his propensity to get banged up, isn't excatly translating to "blue chipper" in the NFL. This isn't Reggie Bush we are talking about.

Look at the teams ahead of us in the draft. They all have more pressing needs than RB and there are enough questions floating around about him that there is a better than 50/50 chance he could be there at #12. He's not a top 5 player in the draft.

Devin
04-05-2007, 03:11 PM
The Answer agrees for the most part about drafting RB's in the first round, but Peterson is a blue chipper for sure. The Answer has him ranked on his big board in the top 5 right behind Calvin Johnson.

Willis on the other hand still a great prospect - but very risky at #12 based on what The Answer has observed in analyzing hours of film on him.

~The Answer

:rofl: and by hours of film you mean 20 minutes on youtube?

Give me a break.

mikemac2001
04-05-2007, 03:12 PM
IF AP happened to be on the board; Marv wouldnt even have to hand the pick in.. He'd walk up to Goodell with an Oklahoma #28 jersey on.

(being hypothetical- he'll be in Bflo on draft day)

ok i liked that laughed a little...Done deal tho if he is there and we havent traded for turner

X-Era
04-05-2007, 03:21 PM

Huh????

Reggie Bush started 8 games had 565 yards and 6 TD's.

LT ran for 1236 and 10 TD's

Portis ran for 1500 and 15 TD's

Its important to get the right one, but hell yeah they can make a impact.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Huh????

Reggie Bush is a freak of nature.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Huh????

I'm not going to waste my time giving you the "bust list".

The Answer
04-05-2007, 03:30 PM
:rofl: and by hours of film you mean 20 minutes on youtube?

Give me a break.

Um No.

The Answer is a freelance scout - already explained this to you (or one of your minions) before.

The Answer has seen Peterson, as well as several big names in the draft this year, in person. The Answer has also thorougly analyzed flim on Peterson and knows this kid is the real deal compared to some of the other prospects this year.

Of course the big concern is with injury - but that's not going to stop a number of teams pursuit of him.

~The Answer

X-Era
04-05-2007, 03:32 PM

Hence the term "right one". Its all a crap shoot regardless of position

Ickybaluky
04-05-2007, 03:37 PM

You could do that for any position.

You said: "Rookie RBs aren't impact players year one."

I disagree.

It is not uncommon for a talented RB to come right in and have an impact. In fact, I think RB generally have an easier time acclimating to the NFL than many other positions.

If a RB is a bust, it is probably because he sucks or gets injured. Not because he struggled making the transition.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Um No.

The Answer is a freelance scout - already explained this to you (or one of your minions) before.

The Answer has seen Peterson, as well as several big names in the draft this year, in person. The Answer has also thorougly analyzed flim on Peterson and knows this kid is the real deal compared to some of the other prospects this year.

Of course the big concern is with injury - but that's not going to stop a number of teams pursuit of him.

~The Answer
Dude now I'm sure that you're ICE; "I'm a coach"

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 03:49 PM
You could do that for any position.

You said: "Rookie RBs aren't impact players year one."

I disagree.

It is not uncommon for a talented RB to come right in and have an impact. In fact, I think RB generally have an easier time acclimating to the NFL than many other positions.

If a RB is a bust, it is probably because he sucks or gets injured. Not because he struggled making the transition.

Reggie Bush was good not great. Also there is always a tail off with rookies mid-way through because they are not use to the pace, etc.

You know this first hand as Maromey struggled in the second half of the season. I think Willis will acclamate alot quicker than either Peterson or lynch.

Ickybaluky
04-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Reggie Bush was good not great. Also there is always a tail off with rookies mid-way through because they are not use to the pace, etc.

You know this first hand as Maromey struggled in the second half of the season. I think Willis will acclamate alot quicker than either Peterson or lynch.

Bush was not great? He was pretty damn good.

He led the team in receptions (88). He had 9 total TDs and over 1,300 yards combined rushing and receiving. He got off to a bit of a slow start, but he got better as the year went along and was a dynamic force by the end of the year.

Did you watch Bush towards the end of the season? Teams were afraid of him, and defenses were starting to play NO different to account for him. His impact in the passing game was tremendous.

I'm not sure what you were expecting, but the guy looks like the next Marshall Faulk.

As for Maroney, he had a heck of a year up until getting hurt.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 04:00 PM

Name a more dynamic player in the NFL than Reggie Bush.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Name a more dynamic player in the NFL than Reggie Bush.

As a rookie? Or in general?

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 04:17 PM
As a rookie? Or in general?
Rookie.................. Hell both. Who was a more dynamic player last year.

X-Era
04-05-2007, 04:18 PM

At least youve down shifted from statements of "fact" about rookie RB's to statements of opinion about who will acclimate quicker.

It could very well work out that way, it could also work out that Willis is an early bust. Its not like he has no question marks- hes pretty thin and lanky for a ILB IMO. Id like to see them built much better.

THATHURMANATOR
04-05-2007, 04:20 PM

I disagree with this entire statement.

Did you happen to see Addai, Bush or Jones Drew this year?

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 04:22 PM
At least youve down shifted from statements of "fact" about rookie RB's to statements of opinion about who will acclimate quicker.

It could very well work out that way, it could also work out that Willis is an early bust. Its not like he has no question marks- hes pretty thin and lanky for a ILB IMO. Id like to see them built much better.

FACT: One rookie RB had over 1,000 yards rushing, Joseph Addai.

All purpose yards is great but they weren't giving Bush the ball alot on 3rd and 1.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Rookie.................. Hell both. Who was a more dynamic player last year.

LaDainian Tomlinson, that guy was pretty good.

Ickybaluky
04-05-2007, 04:25 PM
All purpose yards is great but they weren't giving Bush the ball alot on 3rd and 1.

They were throwing it to him.

Jones-Drew had over 1,350 yards rushing and receiving. Not to mention he was a dynamic kick returner and scored 16 TDs last year.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 04:25 PM
LaDainian Tomlinson, that guy was pretty good.
That's a given. He is (IMO) the best running back in my life time. But he had nowhere near the ammount of catches or yards receiving.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 04:28 PM
People last I looked it was Peterson we were talking about. Pop off about Peterson's stats and why I'm wrong to take Willis over him.

Ohhh and Rivers, Manning and Brady aren't on our team either.

casdhf
04-05-2007, 04:29 PM
How many impact rookie MLBs have there been?

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Less than there have been rookie RB's?

Ickybaluky
04-05-2007, 04:31 PM
People last I looked it was Peterson we were talking about. Pop off about Peterson's stats and why I'm wrong to take Willis over him.

Ohhh and Rivers, Manning and Brady aren't on our team either.

You established a premise that Peterson is less likely to make an impact than Willis because he is a RB. I think your premise is all wrong.

Both guys are going to be good players, IMO, but Peterson is the choice if it comes down to it. I think Peterson is the kind of dynamic RB that can rejuvenate and offense. He is a top-5 talent and will be an NFL star (IMO).

I like Willis a lot as well, but I don't think he will have that kind of dynamic impact.

casdhf
04-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Less than there have been rookie RB's? Without a doubt, but I'm asking because I don't know. Ryans did ok on an aweful Texans D ... Urlacher, there had to be someone in between.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Without a doubt, but I'm asking because I don't know. Ryans did ok on an aweful Texans D ... Urlacher, there had to be someone in between.
Good question. I know of some OLB's that have had a big impact their rookie year but not many ILB's.

Well Tedy Bruschi did have a hundred tackles at the age of three.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 04:38 PM

AJ Hawk

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 04:40 PM
AJ Hawk
Nothing special his last year.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Nothing special his last year.

121 tackles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 04:42 PM

Jonathan Vilma, Ray Lewis.....

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Ernie Simms

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Jonathan Vilma, Ray Lewis.....
I'll give you Vilma but Hawk did nothing special.

TigerJ
04-05-2007, 04:58 PM
My opinion hinges a great deal on what happens with respect to Michael Turner. If Buffalo acquires Turner, I would have a hard time advocating they draft Peterson or Lynch. If they don't it wouldn't be a problem to draft Peterson.

Jersey1031
04-05-2007, 05:27 PM
If Willis and Peterson were both there at 12, I say take Peterson or Willis and then get a deal for that 13th pick and pick the other... That would be the steal of a lifetime if they were both there, we couldn't pass on either. Who would need a 1st rounder next year with that first round, I sure as hell wouldn't care!