PDA

View Full Version : We are all assuming the Bills like Willis...

Tatonka
04-05-2007, 03:31 PM
every think that maybe they just want a strong side linebacker since that is the spot we need to fill?

patmoran2006
04-05-2007, 03:34 PM
1- There are few if any--solid Strong side LB's in the draft--and certainly no others who are Top 12 pick material.

2- Willis can play the outside as well as the inside.

3- I also think it'd be obvious that if they got Willis they'd keep Crowell on the outside, and I think he (Crowell) was really emerging into a very solid LB before he broke his leg last year.

Tatonka
04-05-2007, 04:35 PM
crowell is a dynamic playmaking linebacker.. it would be stupid, just like it was with TKO, to stick him at Strong side..

it would also be dumb to put Willis at SSide.

how do you know there are no good strongside linebackers in this draft? and none worth pick 12? well no **** there.. but that is YOUR assumption that they want to take a linebacker there.. not theirs.. they may have a guy tabbed already that would fit the spot perfect and have him going in the 3rd round.

justasportsfan
04-05-2007, 04:49 PM
You might have screwed up everyones mock Tatonka. That certainly puts a different perspective on things. If Willis is there at twelve maybe Marv takes him and keeps Crowell at SLB. If he's gone they move Crowell to MLB and draft a slb. If Okoye is gone too by 12, Leon Hall who could very well be there would be the BPA ? :scratch:

Looks like we'll never know til' draft day or depending on whether we take Turner and what we give up for him.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 04:53 PM
I just wish the draft would get here so we can stop talking about it.

patmoran2006
04-05-2007, 05:09 PM
crowell is a dynamic playmaking linebacker.. it would be stupid, just like it was with TKO, to stick him at Strong side..

it would also be dumb to put Willis at SSide.

how do you know there are no good strongside linebackers in this draft? and none worth pick 12? well no **** there.. but that is YOUR assumption that they want to take a linebacker there.. not theirs.. they may have a guy tabbed already that would fit the spot perfect and have him going in the 3rd round.
I dont disagree. I got Buffalo taking TWO linebackers in the third round of my mock draft.. why not? especially if Willis is gone.

Michael82
04-05-2007, 07:30 PM
I just wish the draft would get here so we can stop talking about it.
but then we'll have the may and june lull. :ill:

bflojohn
04-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Just a little story... at the combine, Mike Mayock had an interview with beat writers. During the questioning, Chris Brown of Bills Digest asked Mike about two LB's and their names are Patrick Willis and Jon Beason. I'm NOT assuming that Brown had any "inside information" about the likelihood of the pick at 12, but I found the line of questioning interesting from a fans standpoint! Remember, the Spikes for DT Darwin Walker trade had NOT gone on yet and MOST fans assumed that the BIlls would covet Amobi Okoye!! By the way, the "camera shot" that day was a side view and Chris Brown was squarely in the field of view! Ironically, so was the Bills beat writer for the Buffalo News Allen Wilson. Anyway, I found this quite insightful at the time!

Tatonka
04-05-2007, 11:58 PM
i think i am missing the point of what your trying to say about chris brown....

bflojohn
04-06-2007, 12:08 AM
O.K., here I'll clear this up, hopefully! He is the Editor of Bills Digest and as such, is in the building enough to have a fair idea where the Bills are aiming all their draft "darts". Therefore, of ALL the players at the NFL combine, he steps to the plate and asks about NOT ONE LB, but TWO!!! Doesn't THAT make you a little curious? It does make me a tad curious!! I am NOT suggesting that is the draft strategy in a nutshell, but it is awful interesting to me. Oh, and finally, why those two in particular? Why not Posluszny or Timmons, for example? Finally, don't shoot the messenger, I actually saw him in the interview session on camera. Everyone else who asked a question asked it while Mike Mayock was being shot at the podium. That's all folks!!!

BILLSROCK1212
04-06-2007, 12:08 AM
if we go SLB it will be in round two which is why I believe the chances of us taking a WR in round 1 are pretty good if we don't give up our 2nd rounder and if we do I believe we will trade down in the 1st and pick up more picks to help us move back into the first

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-06-2007, 09:18 AM
This is so right on, we all assumed the Bills liked everyone in the first round but Whitner last year.

gr8slayer
04-06-2007, 09:21 AM
This is so right on, we all assumed the Bills liked everyone in the first round but Whitner last year.
Yeah, I have a feeling Marv is going to shock us every freaking year.

HHURRICANE
04-06-2007, 09:37 AM
every think that maybe they just want a strong side linebacker since that is the spot we need to fill?

Ohh, it's totally crossed my mind that the Bills don't even want Willis, Lynch or Peterson.

I'm prepared for yet another shocker, or another CB.

gr8slayer
04-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Ohh, it's totally crossed my mind that the Bills don't even want Willis, Lynch or Peterson.

I'm prepared for yet another shocker, or another CB.
:mad:

Tatonka
04-06-2007, 10:56 AM
or Greg Olsen.

patmoran2006
04-06-2007, 11:04 AM
IM actually assuming all 32 teams in the league like Willis.

I wouldnt be as dissapointed with Olsen as some other people would be.. Far from it. I"m all for Losman having as many weapons as possible.

What I DONT like about Olsen, is his agent.. Rosenhaus. that also makes me not like Timmons, Jason Hill and Aundrae Allison as well.

gr8slayer
04-06-2007, 11:06 AM
but then we'll have the may and june lull. :ill:
But at least we can stop with the speculation.