PDA

View Full Version : Just got another shot of Vaseline from Brown....

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 03:34 PM
He's greasing our skids for the Turner move I believe:

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Today
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 4:31 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1230)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
TURNER DEAL NOTE: I'm not going to assume that it's an advantage, but it certainly can't hurt that Bills GM Marv Levy and Chargers GM A.J. Smith have a prior working relationship when Smith was director of pro personnel for the Bills. We'll see if it proves to help grease the wheels on a deal. I'm just glad Turner got out of Tennessee without the Titans coming to an agreement on a trade with San Diego.

patmoran2006
04-05-2007, 03:35 PM
I dont get it.

Are you implying if the trade goes down, you wont like it?

ddaryl
04-05-2007, 03:36 PM
yeah I figured this might work inour favor, both AJ and Marv were involved in the Bills glory days

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 03:38 PM
I dont get it.

Are you implying if the trade goes down, you wont like it?

I'm implying that the little puppet doesn't write anything that doesn't favor the Bills.

I think Turner will be a Bill. Whether or not it's a good deal for us I'm not sure until I see what we give up.

Novacane
04-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Smith will go for the best deal. His friendship with Marv is not going to be a deciding factor

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 03:42 PM
My point is that he's told what and when to write it:

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>March 2, 2007
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:27 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1042)

WALKER VISIT: The Raiders free agent tackle would be a good addition if Buffalo can sign him. From what I understand this guy wanted out of Oakland after their directionless 2006 season. That's why he voided the final year of his rookie contract so he could become a free agent.
This guy is huge at 6'8" 345 pounds, but he can move his feet based on the pro personnel people I've spoken with. He's obviously strong enough to handle the bigger defensive ends on the right side.
If he signs I envision him as a potential starting right tackle for Buffalo. He's also played guard, though I believe the Bills are looking at him as right tackle material since he was a 16 game starter there last year.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 03:44 PM
:pray:

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2007, 03:52 PM
My point is that he's told what and when to write it:

<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #002d78 1px solid" width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>March 2, 2007
</TD><TD align=right>Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:27 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1042)

WALKER VISIT: The Raiders free agent tackle would be a good addition if Buffalo can sign him. From what I understand this guy wanted out of Oakland after their directionless 2006 season. That's why he voided the final year of his rookie contract so he could become a free agent.
This guy is huge at 6'8" 345 pounds, but he can move his feet based on the pro personnel people I've spoken with. He's obviously strong enough to handle the bigger defensive ends on the right side.
If he signs I envision him as a potential starting right tackle for Buffalo. He's also played guard, though I believe the Bills are looking at him as right tackle material since he was a 16 game starter there last year.
The guy walks around OBD all day long and has plenty of connections. I'm sure he gets a lot of inside info, and makes very good educated guesses. Just because he's right more often than wrong doesn't mean he only writes fluff pieces or that he's a puppet.

Dude you're all about conspiracy theories.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 03:53 PM
The guy walks around OBD all day long and has plenty of connections. I'm sure he gets a lot of inside info, and makes very good educated guesses. Just because he's right more often than wrong doesn't mean he only writes fluff pieces or that he's a puppet.

I like CB.

patmoran2006
04-05-2007, 03:56 PM

Actually, I can tell you for a fact that NOTHING that goes on that website goes on there without either Scott Berchtold or someone from the Media Relations department seeing and approving it first.

So in essence, in ways he is a Bills puppet.. They sign his checks.

You're right about Chris Brown though, and he is a very very good writer and he's very well connected. I worked with him back in his Empire Sports/WNSA days. I can guarentee you if he was working for WGR or someone like that his views and opinions would sometimes be different.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Actually, I can tell you for a fact that NOTHING that goes on that website goes on there without either Scott Berchtold or someone from the Media Relations department seeing and approving it first.

So in essence, in ways he is a Bills puppet.. They sign his checks.

You're right about Chris Brown though, and he is a very very good writer and he's very well connected. I worked with him back in his Empire Sports/WNSA days. I can guarentee you if he was working for WGR or someone like that his views and opinions would sometimes be different.
Where do you get this info?

Ed
04-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Smith will go for the best deal. His friendship with Marv is not going to be a deciding factor
True, AJ's not gonna take a bad deal to help Marv, but it can't hurt the situation that there is a mutual respect and friendship between the two. It's gotta make coming to some sort of agreement easier.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 03:58 PM

Explain to me why I would think he's objective when Overdorf writes his pay check?! Are you kidding me?!

Read the "Walker BS" piece before we signed him. Most stuff written before we signed him was that he sucked.

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2007, 04:02 PM
So then don't read his stuff. It won't bother me.

patmoran2006
04-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Where do you get this info?
Despite my horrible use of grammar, and my junior journalism writing ablities, I have worked with the Buffalo Bills (2002-03) so I know how the organization operates from a media standpoint very well.

and I know Chris Brown like I said from his WNSA days. During that time, he was doing TV reporting from Empire, and his style of questioning was radically different than it is now.

For the record, I dont blame Brown one bit for taking the Bills job. He's a very good writer, and Im sure he's making plenty of dimes.

gr8slayer
04-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Despite my horrible use of grammar, and my junior journalism writing ablities, I have worked with the Buffalo Bills (2002-03) so I know how the organization operates from a media standpoint very well.

and I know Chris Brown like I said from his WNSA days. During that time, he was doing TV reporting from Empire, and his style of questioning was radically different than it is now.

For the record, I dont blame Brown one bit for taking the Bills job. He's a very good writer, and Im sure he's making plenty of dimes.
:scratch:

HHURRICANE
04-05-2007, 04:08 PM
So then don't read his stuff. It won't bother me.

I never said it bothered me. I'm just saying that he preps us for alot of things that end up happening there and acts like it's opinion when it's already fact.

"i'm gwad he got out of TN, it's sooo good that Marv has a previous relationship, he's going to raise people from the dead on Easter"

Just like the prepping we got for Langston Walker.

JJamezz
04-05-2007, 04:47 PM
I never said it bothered me. I'm just saying that he preps us for alot of things that end up happening there and acts like it's opinion when it's already fact.

"i'm gwad he got out of TN, it's sooo good that Marv has a previous relationship, he's going to raise people from the dead on Easter"

Just like the prepping we got for Langston Walker.

Thats actually a good point.. I never put too much thought into his reports because they never contain anything 'new'.. I just enjoyed them for what they were, but I think you may be onto something.