Anyone remember who Kiper thought we would draft last year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christhebillsfan783
    • Mar 2005

Anyone remember who Kiper thought we would draft last year?

That would be great to compare that.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Anyone remember who Kiper thought we would draft last year?

I thought he had us taking either Bunkley or Ngata. Dont rememeber.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• W1DER1GHT
      Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills
      • Mar 2007

Kiper had us taking Ngata.
      "Tyler Wilson is a glorified cross between JP Losman and Ryan Fitzpatrick." W1DER1GHT 3/16/13
      ^Well, I may have given Wilson too much credit^

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Which would have been fine by me.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by W1DER1GHT
          Kiper had us taking Ngata.
          correct.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• christhebillsfan783
            • Mar 2005

so who does he have us picking now. then again who cares he blew it big time last year. Then again who could have guessed we were gonna get whitner.

Comment

• Ed
              Dude
              • Sep 2002

Every mock I've seen of Kiper so far has us taking Okoye.

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                Every mock I've seen of Kiper so far has us taking Okoye.
                Let's hope he is wrong about this one also!
                Retired Air Traffic Controller
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kgun12
                  Let's hope he is wrong about this one also!
                  I don't know, I think it would at least be good value. Plus, just because we have enough bodies to fill the position doesn't mean DT isn't still a big question mark. I mean out of Tripplett, Walker, McCargo and Williams, are any of those guys a sure thing? I do have high hopes for McCargo and Williams, but you never know.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by christhebillsfan783
                    so who does he have us picking now. then again who cares he blew it big time last year. Then again who could have guessed we were gonna get whitner.
                    Mike Mayock did. Wonder who he's predicting this year.
                    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed
                      I don't know, I think it would at least be good value. Plus, just because we have enough bodies to fill the position doesn't mean DT isn't still a big question mark. I mean out of Tripplett, Walker, McCargo and Williams, are any of those guys a sure thing? I do have high hopes for McCargo and Williams, but you never know.
                      His age scare the hell out of me. Too young for the NFL! His muscles aren't mature enough for the NFL. I have said this before, but I have 2 sons 23 and 19. The 19 year old is the football LBer at UAlbany. When you see the 2 of them together and when the horse around there is no comparison. My 23 year old has mature man muscles and my 19 year old is still in the development stage, the older one tosses younger one around like nothing. I think this is way the NFL has a rule you have to be 3 years out of high school , which Okoye has, however he is the exception to the rule due to his accelerated studies.
                      Retired Air Traffic Controller
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

His age scare the hell out of me. Too young for the NFL! His muscles aren't mature enough for the NFL.
                        I agree. With the number of holes we need to fill, we don't need prospects or projects who'll take 2 or 3 years to develop. We need guys who can play NOW.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

His age scare the hell out of me. Too young for the NFL! His muscles aren't mature enough for the NFL. I have said this before, but I have 2 sons 23 and 19. The 19 year old is the football LBer at UAlbany. When you see the 2 of them together and when the horse around there is no comparison. My 23 year old has mature man muscles and my 19 year old is still in the development stage, the older one tosses younger one around like nothing. I think this is way the NFL has a rule you have to be 3 years out of high school , which Okoye has, however he is the exception to the rule due to his accelerated studies.
                          But Okoye wasn't getting thrown around as a senior in college, playing against the same guys that are getting drafted now as 22 year olds. In fact, he was doing a lot of the throwing.

I hear what you're saying, it may indeed be a couple years before he completely fills out and realizes his growth potential. But the bottom line is that his current form is good enough to compete favorably with 22 year olds that are good enough to enter the NFL. He'll be fine.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

I think that people can mature at different rates and your 23 yr old might have matured earlier and your 19 might be a bit slower in maturing.

Given all that, Okoye wasn't getting pushed around in college. In fact, his forte is against the run. That being said, he will be 20 by the time the season starts and will have added another year to himself.

I don't see the Bills taking him now that they got Walker, but...if Willis was gone and the Bills can't find a way to trade down, and we perhaps already got Turner for a 2nd rounder...and Okoye is there, I'd be for taking him and dumping Anderson and Jefferson.

I rather judge him on his production than on what I think his physiological state is b'cse of his age...

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

McCargo>Ngata>Bunkley

Comment

Working...
                              X