PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember who Kiper thought we would draft last year?

christhebillsfan783
04-05-2007, 07:36 PM
That would be great to compare that.

Devin
04-05-2007, 07:43 PM
I thought he had us taking either Bunkley or Ngata. Dont rememeber.

W1DER1GHT
04-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Kiper had us taking Ngata.

Devin
04-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Which would have been fine by me.

Tatonka
04-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Kiper had us taking Ngata.

correct.

christhebillsfan783
04-05-2007, 10:30 PM
so who does he have us picking now. then again who cares he blew it big time last year. Then again who could have guessed we were gonna get whitner.

Ed
04-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Every mock I've seen of Kiper so far has us taking Okoye.

kgun12
04-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Every mock I've seen of Kiper so far has us taking Okoye.

Let's hope he is wrong about this one also!

Ed
04-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Let's hope he is wrong about this one also!
I don't know, I think it would at least be good value. Plus, just because we have enough bodies to fill the position doesn't mean DT isn't still a big question mark. I mean out of Tripplett, Walker, McCargo and Williams, are any of those guys a sure thing? I do have high hopes for McCargo and Williams, but you never know.

ShadowHawk7
04-05-2007, 11:51 PM
so who does he have us picking now. then again who cares he blew it big time last year. Then again who could have guessed we were gonna get whitner.
Mike Mayock did. Wonder who he's predicting this year.

kgun12
04-05-2007, 11:59 PM
I don't know, I think it would at least be good value. Plus, just because we have enough bodies to fill the position doesn't mean DT isn't still a big question mark. I mean out of Tripplett, Walker, McCargo and Williams, are any of those guys a sure thing? I do have high hopes for McCargo and Williams, but you never know.

His age scare the hell out of me. Too young for the NFL! His muscles aren't mature enough for the NFL. I have said this before, but I have 2 sons 23 and 19. The 19 year old is the football LBer at UAlbany. When you see the 2 of them together and when the horse around there is no comparison. My 23 year old has mature man muscles and my 19 year old is still in the development stage, the older one tosses younger one around like nothing. I think this is way the NFL has a rule you have to be 3 years out of high school , which Okoye has, however he is the exception to the rule due to his accelerated studies.

Jan Reimers
04-06-2007, 07:01 AM
His age scare the hell out of me. Too young for the NFL! His muscles aren't mature enough for the NFL.
I agree. With the number of holes we need to fill, we don't need prospects or projects who'll take 2 or 3 years to develop. We need guys who can play NOW.

Saratoga Slim
04-06-2007, 08:41 AM
His age scare the hell out of me. Too young for the NFL! His muscles aren't mature enough for the NFL. I have said this before, but I have 2 sons 23 and 19. The 19 year old is the football LBer at UAlbany. When you see the 2 of them together and when the horse around there is no comparison. My 23 year old has mature man muscles and my 19 year old is still in the development stage, the older one tosses younger one around like nothing. I think this is way the NFL has a rule you have to be 3 years out of high school , which Okoye has, however he is the exception to the rule due to his accelerated studies.

But Okoye wasn't getting thrown around as a senior in college, playing against the same guys that are getting drafted now as 22 year olds. In fact, he was doing a lot of the throwing.

I hear what you're saying, it may indeed be a couple years before he completely fills out and realizes his growth potential. But the bottom line is that his current form is good enough to compete favorably with 22 year olds that are good enough to enter the NFL. He'll be fine.

mysticsoto
04-06-2007, 08:51 AM

I think that people can mature at different rates and your 23 yr old might have matured earlier and your 19 might be a bit slower in maturing.

Given all that, Okoye wasn't getting pushed around in college. In fact, his forte is against the run. That being said, he will be 20 by the time the season starts and will have added another year to himself.

I don't see the Bills taking him now that they got Walker, but...if Willis was gone and the Bills can't find a way to trade down, and we perhaps already got Turner for a 2nd rounder...and Okoye is there, I'd be for taking him and dumping Anderson and Jefferson.

I rather judge him on his production than on what I think his physiological state is b'cse of his age...

gr8slayer
04-06-2007, 09:04 AM
McCargo>Ngata>Bunkley :D

chernobylwraiths
04-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Drafting the 20 year old is intriguing. I would love it if he isn't done developing. He was supposedly good last year at his immature age. Just think what a monster this guy would be when his muscles DO mature!

gr8slayer
04-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Drafting the 20 year old is intriguing. I would love it if he isn't done developing. He was supposedly good last year at his immature age. Just think what a monster this guy would be when his muscles DO mature!
We already have a guy that is basically just like him in McCargo, why draft another?

chernobylwraiths
04-06-2007, 09:13 AM
We already have a guy that is basically just like him in McCargo, why draft another?

Oh, I don't want to draft him, just saying.

I think we should go linebacker only. The only deviation would be if Peterson were still available.

gr8slayer
04-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Oh, I don't want to draft him, just saying.

I think we should go linebacker only. The only deviation would be if Peterson were still available.
Well we should go LB if Willis is still there. If not there really isn't anyone on the board that is worth it at twelve unless we don't get Turner, then we need Lynch IMO.

I would love to trade down either way and pick up another day one pick and an extra day two pick.

kgun12
04-06-2007, 12:06 PM
I think that people can mature at different rates and your 23 yr old might have matured earlier and your 19 might be a bit slower in maturing.

Given all that, Okoye wasn't getting pushed around in college. In fact, his forte is against the run. That being said, he will be 20 by the time the season starts and will have added another year to himself.

I don't see the Bills taking him now that they got Walker, but...if Willis was gone and the Bills can't find a way to trade down, and we perhaps already got Turner for a 2nd rounder...and Okoye is there, I'd be for taking him and dumping Anderson and Jefferson.

I rather judge him on his production than on what I think his physiological state is b'cse of his age...

Yourr right my 19 year old mutured well ahead of his 23 year old brother and most of his classmates in high school! To look at both of them together up until about a year ago, EVERYONE thought the 19 year old was the older one!

As far as handling himself in college, your right, but it is college. In the pros he will go up against 23-35 year old MEN. Again why does the NFL have the rule against coming directly to the NFL? safety for the kids, unlike the NBA these kids are phyically ready for the NFL!

Do take my word for it, just remember I said it. He will get killed for the first couple 3 years, if he survives he might be go, but he has to survive!

HHURRICANE
04-06-2007, 12:13 PM

With the way FA is you can't expect a guy to be on your roster after 4 years. You certainly can't wait two years WAITING FOR HIM TO BECOME A STUD AS HE EXITS PUBERTY.

This is why the McGahee pick sucked so bad. We paid him for a year while he recovered. And what did we get in return?

Let somebody else gamble on Okoye.

patmoran2006
04-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Actually,
In the end, it was Bunkley that Kiper had Buffalo taken at #8, not Ngata.

justasportsfan
04-06-2007, 12:56 PM
If not there really isn't anyone on the board that is worth it at twelve unless we don't get Turner, then we need Lynch IMO.

.Leon Hall? I don't want to draft him but wouldn't he the best value for the 12th? If McGee is once again inconsistent then he should be moved to back up next year and return kicks.

jamze132
04-06-2007, 04:06 PM
The Bills are not going to draft a DT in the 1st round. We are either going to draft Willis or Lynch, depending on what happens with the Turner situation.

kgun12
04-06-2007, 04:38 PM
The Bills are not going to draft a DT in the 1st round. We are either going to draft Willis or Lynch, depending on what happens with the Turner situation.

I hope your right, but then again NOBODY seen the Whitner pick so who knows?

Devin
04-06-2007, 05:27 PM
McCargo>Ngata>Bunkley :D

You are kidding right?

GarnOFreak
04-06-2007, 07:40 PM
In a surprise draft thi year. Willis, Lynch, and Okoye are off the board when the bills pick. Jamal Anderson slips to us and we move (a much slimmer) Aaron Schobel to LB.

or is that just the crack talking? lol

jamze132
04-07-2007, 03:08 AM
In a surprise draft thi year. Willis, Lynch, and Okoye are off the board when the bills pick. Jamal Anderson slips to us and we move (a much slimmer) Aaron Schobel to LB.

or is that just the crack talking? lol
Crack... meth, opium, etc.

ublinkwescore
04-07-2007, 04:35 AM
You are kidding right?

No, he's not.

And you'd best believe it pal.

TigerJ
04-07-2007, 12:16 PM
When Buffalo traded Spikes to Philadelphia, it changed the needs profile of the Bills drastically. That's the main reason I would have a problem with the Bills drafting Okoye.