PDA

View Full Version : A few comments on the game....

OpIv37
04-05-2007, 09:11 PM
-Chara's a douche but he's also a monster player. It was great to hear the fans giving him the business after pushing Briere, but I wish one of the Sabres would have got in his face.

-Vanek has stepped up his game. He was sloppy with the puck early in the year but he's improved dramatically. He doesn't make nearly as many stupid decisions as he was making in December.

-Zubrus turned out to be a great acquisition. He's always around the puck and he's tough. I loved that play where he literally shoved the defender playing the point out of the zone on the power play.

-Miller- wow. Enough said.

-Tallinder was sloppy. So was Paille.

-The Power play needs work- SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK ALREADY! No one gets the puck on net, and they make too many passes between the defenders, which allows the D to close in and take away the passing lanes.

Thoughts?

Dr. Lecter
04-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Shooting the puck won't fix the PP.

That is my pet peeve hearing scream that at the game. Shooting the puck when there is no lane leads to turnovers and breakaways.

OpIv37
04-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Shooting the puck won't fix the PP.

That is my pet peeve hearing scream that at the game. Shooting the puck when there is no lane leads to turnovers and breakaways.

there are times when there are lanes but they don't shoot. Sometimes you need to put the puck on the net and hope for a rebound. They're not even doing that on the PP- they seem to be waiting for the PERFECT shot.

chernobylwraiths
04-05-2007, 09:30 PM
I have to disagree with you Doc. There are plenty of opportunities to shoot the puck and the pass them up. They need to get the puck toward the net and good things will happen. They certainly won't score any PP goals if they don't shoot at all.

OpIv37
04-05-2007, 09:35 PM
I have to disagree with you Doc. There are plenty of opportunities to shoot the puck and the pass them up. They need to get the puck toward the net and good things will happen. They certainly won't score any PP goals if they don't shoot at all.

Thank you.

I'm not saying they should take a blast every single time the puck comes to the point, but they do have shooting lanes that they aren't taking. Get the puck to the net. The goaltender might be screened, he might give up a rebound, someone might be able to deflect it, but that's not gonna happen if they spend 2 minutes playing keep-away around the outside like they've been doing.

Philagape
04-05-2007, 09:36 PM
SHOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

chernobylwraiths
04-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Thank you.

I'm not saying they should take a blast every single time the puck comes to the point, but they do have shooting lanes that they aren't taking. Get the puck to the net. The goaltender might be screened, he might give up a rebound, someone might be able to deflect it, but that's not gonna happen if they spend 2 minutes playing keep-away around the outside like they've been doing.

We should put Dimitri Kalinin in front of their net. He certainly deflects enough pucks by Miller. :D

Michael82
04-05-2007, 11:07 PM
I agree. I've been one of the ones in the arena constantly screaming to Shoot It, because they keep playing around passing it back and forth, like 4 or 5 times and then by that time, the other team intercepts it or the pass is sloppy. I wish that when they get a chance, they would shoot it more often, especially on the Power play.

Ebenezer
04-05-2007, 11:47 PM
-Chara's a douche but he's also a monster player. It was great to hear the fans giving him the business after pushing Briere, but I wish one of the Sabres would have got in his face.

he's a loser on a loser team...

Dr. Lecter
04-06-2007, 07:15 AM
And I have seen them wind up and shoot it into the feet of the defense and watched a shortie be scored the other way.

A successful PP is about a lot more than just winding up and shooting the puck every time a player touches the puck.

chernobylwraiths
04-06-2007, 07:49 AM
And I have seen them wind up and shoot it into the feet of the defense and watched a shortie be scored the other way.

A successful PP is about a lot more than just winding up and shooting the puck every time a player touches the puck.

A successful PP is about a very good PP QB. We don't have that right now. It's about quick passes and quick thinking when the defense attacks, which is what they do to our PP. I understand about not firing away from anywhere, but they have opportunities and don't shoot many times too.

GThirst
04-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Kalinin played extremely well last night. Additionally, fans need to stfu about the "shoooot!" They yell it at the most innane times when there is clearly a defender in the way. The problem is the puck movement and where they are sending the puck. You can't get a shot away if there is always a d-man right in front of you. I always get annoyed by the stupid little kids and girls behind that keep yelling shoot. Learn the game.