PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks Hoping Calvin Johnson Drops To Second Round

Gunzlingr
04-06-2007, 09:37 AM
SEATTLE--The Seattle Seahawks first pick in the 2007 draft doesn’t come until the second round, so the chances of landing a blue chip prospect are fairly slim. However, noting the unpredictable nature of the draft, the ‘Hawks are still holding out hope that a franchise player, such as Georgia Tech wideout Calvin Johnson, will drop to them at the 55th pick.
“Everybody here really has their fingers crossed that something good will happen for us,” said GM Tim Ruskell. “The way I see it, if Oakland goes with Russell and the Lions go with Joe Thomas and the Browns go with Brady Quinn and the Bucs trade down for some value picks and Arizona drafts someone else and the Redskins do something stupid, we feel like we have a chance at this guy. Long shot? Yes. That’s why we’re taking a pragmatic approach to it. If he falls to us, great. If not, we just won’t select anybody in that spot.”
Ruskell has already spoken to Johnson’s agent, Bus Cook, about possible parameters for a contract and signing bonus.
“We’ve had some preliminary talks with Bus and Calvin,” Ruskell said. “Looks like they’re going to want first round money even if they fall to the second round. Hey, I don’t blame him. The kid’s a blue chipper and he wants to be paid accordingly. We can just give him a nice signing bonus and a back loaded deal so if he’s a bust we can cut him after the first couple years. Of course, he’s not going to be a bust. It’s simply not possible. I read it on the internet.”
Unfortunately for the Seahawks and their fans, it looks like one of the teams with a Top 5 pick will scoop up Johnson before he has a chance to fall. Some are even predicting the Raiders will select him with the first pick, though it appears more likely he will go second, third, or fourth. Whoever gets him, scouts say, will have a franchise player on their hands.
“He’s the best prospect in the draft by far,” said one scout, after watching Johnson perform at the combine. “If he slips to the second round, I’ll…actually, forget it. There’s no way he’s slipping to the second round. The Seahawks need to trade up if they want a shot at him. I suggest sending a sixth round pick to the Raiders for their number one. Just remind them Tom Brady was picked in the sixth round. They’ll think they’re getting the steal of the century.”
The Seahawks aren’t putting much stock into rumors that Tampa Bay, Cleveland, and Detroit are eyeing Johnson, since teams at the top of the draft often send out misinformation to conceal their true intentions.

More... (http://www.thebrushback.com/calvinjohnson_full.htm)

gr8slayer
04-06-2007, 09:38 AM
Whoa. They are freaking nuts.

patmoran2006
04-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Sanjaya is the bomb.. He sings the mad notes

gr8slayer
04-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Sanjaya is the bomb.. He sings the mad notes
:smashfrea:

Gunzlingr
04-06-2007, 09:43 AM
If Sanjaya was in the draft, he would be a top 15 pick for sure.

gr8slayer
04-06-2007, 09:47 AM
If Sanjaya was in the draft, he would be a top 15 pick for sure.
I was thinking more like top five, talent like that only comes around once every few years.

MBB lost out. I had a sig ready to go with Sanjaya wearing a Losman jersey.

feelthepain
04-06-2007, 09:48 AM
I hope the Bills sign Sanjaya, he's a pefect fit for what the Bills like to do on Offense!! JP better bring his A game in camp if the Bills sign Sanjaya or he could be looking up from the 2 spot!!

gr8slayer
04-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Sanjaya for president.

HHURRICANE
04-06-2007, 09:59 AM
I hope the Bills sign Sanjaya, he's a pefect fit for what the Bills like to do on Offense!! JP better bring his A game in camp if the Bills sign Sanjaya or he could be looking up from the 2 spot!!

I heard the Dolphins are signing Sanjaya for the D just to get the median age down below 40.

gr8slayer
04-06-2007, 10:00 AM
I heard the Dolphins are signing Sanjaya for the D just to get the median age down below 40.
:snicker2:

dolphan117
04-06-2007, 10:19 AM
“The way I see it, if Oakland goes with Russell and the Lions go with Joe Thomas and the Browns go with Brady Quinn and the Bucs trade down for some value picks and Arizona drafts someone else and the Redskins do something stupid,Isn't this a given?

feelthepain
04-06-2007, 10:40 AM

Too late, you can't use others jokes!!

Dr. Lecter
04-06-2007, 10:41 AM

Maybe Miami can sign him.

I bet he can do better than a 0.0 QB rating!

patmoran2006
04-06-2007, 10:45 AM
I hope the Bills sign Sanjaya.. with all his fans, I guarentee you we lead the league in Slurpies sold in the concession stands.

feelthepain
04-06-2007, 10:58 AM
I hope the Bills sign Sanjaya.. with all his fans, I guarentee you we lead the league in Slurpies sold in the concession stands.

And increase the maturity level of the Bills fanbase all at once, win win situation!!!:bandwagon

feelthepain
04-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Maybe Miami can sign him.

I bet he can do better than a 0.0 QB rating!

Signing Sanjaya certainly would improve the Bills 27th ranked offense!!

The Answer
04-06-2007, 11:07 AM
SEATTLE--The Seattle Seahawks first pick in the 2007 draft doesn’t come until the second round, so the chances of landing a blue chip prospect are fairly slim. However, noting the unpredictable nature of the draft, the ‘Hawks are still holding out hope that a franchise player, such as Georgia Tech wideout Calvin Johnson, will drop to them at the 55th pick.
“Everybody here really has their fingers crossed that something good will happen for us,” said GM Tim Ruskell. “The way I see it, if Oakland goes with Russell and the Lions go with Joe Thomas and the Browns go with Brady Quinn and the Bucs trade down for some value picks and Arizona drafts someone else and the Redskins do something stupid, we feel like we have a chance at this guy. Long shot? Yes. That’s why we’re taking a pragmatic approach to it. If he falls to us, great. If not, we just won’t select anybody in that spot.”
Ruskell has already spoken to Johnson’s agent, Bus Cook, about possible parameters for a contract and signing bonus.
“We’ve had some preliminary talks with Bus and Calvin,” Ruskell said. “Looks like they’re going to want first round money even if they fall to the second round. Hey, I don’t blame him. The kid’s a blue chipper and he wants to be paid accordingly. We can just give him a nice signing bonus and a back loaded deal so if he’s a bust we can cut him after the first couple years. Of course, he’s not going to be a bust. It’s simply not possible. I read it on the internet.”
Unfortunately for the Seahawks and their fans, it looks like one of the teams with a Top 5 pick will scoop up Johnson before he has a chance to fall. Some are even predicting the Raiders will select him with the first pick, though it appears more likely he will go second, third, or fourth. Whoever gets him, scouts say, will have a franchise player on their hands.
“He’s the best prospect in the draft by far,” said one scout, after watching Johnson perform at the combine. “If he slips to the second round, I’ll…actually, forget it. There’s no way he’s slipping to the second round. The Seahawks need to trade up if they want a shot at him. I suggest sending a sixth round pick to the Raiders for their number one. Just remind them Tom Brady was picked in the sixth round. They’ll think they’re getting the steal of the century.”
The Seahawks aren’t putting much stock into rumors that Tampa Bay, Cleveland, and Detroit are eyeing Johnson, since teams at the top of the draft often send out misinformation to conceal their true intentions.

More... (http://www.thebrushback.com/calvinjohnson_full.htm)

This article must be a leftover from April Fools?????

Seattle can't possibly be this ignorant to think Johnson is lasting past the first 3 picks of the draft.

~The Answer

gr8slayer
04-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Signing Sanjaya certainly would improve the Bills 27th ranked offense!!
The Bills could be 32nd and we'd still kick your ass.

patmoran2006
04-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Its April Fools 365 days per year at Brushback.com

dolphan117
04-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Surely this article must be a leftover from April Fools?????

~The AnswerIs The Answer asking a Question? :scratch:

The Answer
04-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Is The Answer asking a question? :scratch:

Even The Answer is baffled by such a ludicrous article like this.

The Answer has Johnson rated #1 overall on his big board, as do just about every pro scout and analyst nationwide.

And if Seattle is attempting a 'smokescreen' than their entire front office should fire themselves for such a lame attempt.

~The Answer

patmoran2006
04-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Are you serious man?

Dr. Lecter
04-06-2007, 11:15 AM
:rofl: at the Answer.

Ingtar33
04-06-2007, 02:36 PM
wow. the answer is a bit gullible

the brushback = the onion

evol4276
04-06-2007, 02:54 PM
lol.. what..??

jamesiscool
04-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Is The Answer asking a Question? :scratch:

hmmmmm what a quandry. he's the answer, but he's asking a question.... now one would think being "the answer" and all he would know the answer and wouldn't have to ask the question in the first place.....

hmmm,.....

LtFinFan66
04-06-2007, 03:47 PM
The Seahawks are smoking the good ****

MVP
04-06-2007, 07:59 PM
if he would ever for any reason (i don't care if he goes psycho and kills his family and half the world) fall past 12 i myself will go an strangle ever member of our front office!