PDA

View Full Version : Turner news on Sirius

T-Long
04-06-2007, 01:45 PM
When asked about the Bills and Turner....Ryan said that it won't happen for a swap of firsts...just a 2nd rounder.

Vic Carucci says the Titans have a better chance of landing Turner because the Titans don't have another RB.

justasportsfan
04-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Vic Carucci says the Titans have a better chance of landing Turner because the Titans don't have another RB.

Young

Dr. Lecter
04-06-2007, 01:47 PM
LenDale "waddles" White

Alluro
04-06-2007, 01:49 PM
I would still take Lendale White over any back we have on our roster..if the Titans sign Turner, ship a fourth rounder to the titans for white. Perhaps our staff can keep him in shape

Goobylal
04-06-2007, 01:52 PM
White has all-pro potential. The problem is, 90% of the game is half mental. That means staying in-shape. Basically the Titans have an unproven and not-looking-so-promising 2nd year RB whereas the Bills have an older 1,000 yard rusher, and NFLE star, and a bunch of backups.

But beyond that, the Bills can offer more than the Titans can, without giving-up more than 1 pick. The swap of 1sts between the Titans and Chargers is less than the Bills' 2nd rounder (points-wise). And even the Titans trading their 2nd and 4th isn't enough to move past the Bills.

OpIv37
04-06-2007, 01:54 PM
White is becoming the Derrick Coleman of the NFL. He's garbage.

lightningbolt444
04-06-2007, 01:59 PM
does anyone notice a trend with the titans first pacman now white maybe the organazation should look at themselves a little bit and ask what they are doing wrong

The Answer
04-06-2007, 02:02 PM
When asked about the Bills and Turner....Ryan said that it won't happen for a swap of firsts...just a 2nd rounder.

So the Titans gave up on doughboy already?

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/scorecard/01/09/truth.rumors.nfl/p1_lendalewhite2.jpg
~The Answer

Jan Reimers
04-06-2007, 02:13 PM
And we do?

camelcowboy
04-06-2007, 02:14 PM

Just speculation and their opinions, nothing to get held up over.

Romes
04-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Just speculation and their opinions, nothing to get held up over.

Exactly. I would think the Bills have a better shot because we have higher draft picks.

JJamezz
04-06-2007, 02:17 PM

Man, all these media guys have become complete garbage.. is it that there is so much more coverage nowadays with Sirius, NFL Network year-round, that their shortcomings (ie. not knowing wtf they're talking about) are so much more obvious now? I used to like Vic too!

That statement is idiotic.. The Bills DO have another RB?? Does anybody think we would go into the 2007 season with AT as our feature back? Tennessee spent a 1st rounder White, so I think he probably qualifies as ANOTHER RB, regardless of how overweight he's become.. I don;t think the Titans are just willing to cut their losses with the kid after one season. If anything, the RB situation is MUCH better for Turner in Buffalo.. Just dumb.

patmoran2006
04-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Buffalo holds the cards.

Buffalo has a higher draft pick than Tennesee, MORe draft picks than Tennessee and by far has more cap room..

Scumbag College
04-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Man, all these media guys have become complete garbage.. is it that there is so much more coverage nowadays with Sirius, NFL Network year-round, that their shortcomings (ie. not knowing wtf they're talking about) are so much more obvious now? I used to like Vic too!

That statement is idiotic.. The Bills DO have another RB?? Does anybody think we would go into the 2007 season with AT as our feature back? Tennessee spent a 1st rounder White, so I think he probably qualifies as ANOTHER RB, regardless of how overweight he's become.. I don;t think the Titans are just willing to cut their losses with the kid after one season. If anything, the RB situation is MUCH better for Turner in Buffalo.. Just dumb.

If you're a football reporter during the months of March and April, there are very few things to talk about. Most are "experts," so we the public need to hear their opinions about every little thing. The possibility of a trade has these guys guessing and expounding just so that they can be heard. Only SD's, Buffalo's, Tenn.'s, etc. front offices, Michael Turner, and his agents really know what's going on.

Mitchy moo
04-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Buffalo holds the cards.

Buffalo has a higher draft pick than Tennesee, MORe draft picks than Tennessee and by far has more cap room..

It's very obvious as well.

feldspar
04-06-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm getting a little bit tired of all this speculation about Michael Turner...it just never ends. I wish something would happen either way so I won't have to deal with all this crap...poor, poor me.

I was on the Chargers forum, and most people on there think they will get at least a first round pick in a trade for Turner. I do not think it's a good idea to surrender a first round pick for him. For a third rounder, I say go for it. A second rounder would make me think twice.

HHURRICANE
04-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm getting a little bit tired of all this speculation about Michael Turner...it just never ends. I wish something would happen either way so I won't have to deal with all this crap...poor, poor me.

I was on the Chargers forum, and most people on there think they will get at least a first round pick in a trade for Turner. I do not think it's a good idea to surrender a first round pick for him. For a third rounder, I say go for it. A second rounder would make me think twice.

No way in hell are the Chargers getting a 1st rounder.

mchurchfie
04-06-2007, 02:36 PM
The Chargers know they aren't going to get a first rounder for Turner...it's all posturing, believe that.

Mudflap1
04-06-2007, 02:37 PM
And no way do they get just a third rounder...

Jon

feldspar
04-06-2007, 02:42 PM
The Chargers know they aren't going to get a first rounder for Turner...it's all posturing, believe that.

I do believe it.

I understand the game. They start out unrealistically high, we low-ball them, and the haggling commences. Apparently, there are a lot of homers on the Chargers board who think they actually will get a first round pick for Turner.

If we trade Willis for 2 thirds and a 7th, there is no way we offer more than that. In fact, we will offer less. It seems to me like AJ Smith won't trade Turner unless he rips off another team in the process, though. I doubt a fair trade can be done at this point.

BILLSROCK1212
04-06-2007, 06:05 PM
This is what the caller said on the BB.com forums....

I called into the Afternoon Blitz show on Sirius this afternoon and spoke with Vic Carucci , and Tim about the Turner situation.

1. The agreed under no circumstances will ANY team give a 1st and a 3rd for Turner.

2. The believe a 2nd will definetly get it done, and if we hold out a little more a 3rd will get it done.

3. Vic said that Tennesee is more desperate than us, because they have an out of shape L.White as their only option, but at the same time Tennesee has less to offer, and more needs than us.

4. Vic also said that it says a lot that Ralph flew Turner out...But said don't expect the signing to be immenent since we are in a prime position to wait it out till the price drops....Meaning we have the 12 pick and a high second to fill our needs regardeless...

5. If Dillon signs with Tennesee we could feasably get him for a low 3rd or 4th...Tennesee is keeping the price higher...But absolutely they do not see a 1st as an option....

ShadowHawk7
04-06-2007, 08:04 PM
This is what the caller said on the BB.com forums....

I called into the Afternoon Blitz show on Sirius this afternoon and spoke with Vic Carucci , and Tim about the Turner situation.

1. The agreed under no circumstances will ANY team give a 1st and a 3rd for Turner.

2. The believe a 2nd will definetly get it done, and if we hold out a little more a 3rd will get it done.

3. Vic said that Tennesee is more desperate than us, because they have an out of shape L.White as their only option, but at the same time Tennesee has less to offer, and more needs than us.

4. Vic also said that it says a lot that Ralph flew Turner out...But said don't expect the signing to be immenent since we are in a prime position to wait it out till the price drops....Meaning we have the 12 pick and a high second to fill our needs regardeless...

5. If Dillon signs with Tennesee we could feasably get him for a low 3rd or 4th...Tennesee is keeping the price higher...But absolutely they do not see a 1st as an option....
Wow, I believe this is excellent news. So all we have to do is wait till Tenn makes their immenent RB move, hopefully for Dillon, and force AJ's smug ass to eat Turner or take our early 3rd.

Even if he doesn't take the latter, I believe we still win with Lynch and possibly Peterson available in the 1st, and hopefully either Pittman or Irons available in the early 3rd.

HAMMER
04-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Wow, I believe this is excellent news. So all we have to do is wait till Tenn makes their immenent RB move, hopefully for Dillon, and force AJ's smug ass to eat Turner or take our early 3rd.

Even if he doesn't take the latter, I believe we still win with Lynch and possibly Peterson available in the 1st, and hopefully either Pittman or Irons available in the early 3rd.

I don't think AJ deals him for just a third, he will just keep him for insurance in that case.

HAMMER
04-06-2007, 09:41 PM
White has all-pro potential. The problem is, 90% of the game is half mental. That means staying in-shape. Basically the Titans have an unproven and not-looking-so-promising 2nd year RB whereas the Bills have an older 1,000 yard rusher, and NFLE star, and a bunch of backups.

But beyond that, the Bills can offer more than the Titans can, without giving-up more than 1 pick. The swap of 1sts between the Titans and Chargers is less than the Bills' 2nd rounder (points-wise). And even the Titans trading their 2nd and 4th isn't enough to move past the Bills.

90% of the game is half mental? That's classic!

BILLSROCK1212
04-06-2007, 09:53 PM
90% of the game is half mental? That's classic!:wtf: