PDA

View Full Version : if we trade our 2nd for turner

MVP
04-06-2007, 06:19 PM
**** what anyone else says, were making the playoffs hands down!

SquishDaFish
04-06-2007, 06:23 PM
I agree

BILLSROCK1212
04-06-2007, 06:25 PM
i don't i sill believe we need a CB and a #2 WR

jamesiscool
04-06-2007, 06:30 PM
and a defense that can stop the run. altough we are one step closer to being in the playoffs i feel like we are a year away.

we need more than jus willis on D, we need a #2 possession reciever, a better CB another pass rushing DE and unless mcargo steps up his game BIG time and tripplett finally learns how to play football another DT.

The draft can fill some of those holes yes but you cant expect a bunch of rookies to come in and make an immediate impact IMO.

DraftBoy
04-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Still a ways off

BILLSROCK1212
04-06-2007, 06:32 PM
and a defense that can stop the run. altough we are one step closer to being in the playoffs i feel like we are a year away.

we need more than jus willis on D, we need a #2 possession reciever, a better CB another pass rushing DE and unless mcargo steps up his game BIG time and tripplett finally learns how to play football another DT.

The draft can fill some of those holes yes but you cant expect a bunch of rookies to come in and make an immediate impact IMO.
i feel that we will be able to stop the run and rush the QB with the pounds KW and JM have put on

jamesiscool
04-06-2007, 06:36 PM
i feel that we will be able to stop the run and rush the QB with the pounds KW and JM have put on

weight doesn't make up for talent. its not the size of our defense its the talent of our defense that i question.

Williams is a solid over achiever. a "high motor" kind of guy

McCargo is an unknown with high expectations but no garuntees as of right now.

Tripplett. overpaid. over rated. worthless.

Walker is a solid pick up and will help rushing the passer and disrupting things in the backfield

Anderson.... welll..... u know....

none of these guys are elite DT's in this league and are adequate at best.

the LB corp needs to be upgraded in an AMAZING way.

IF we draft willis out LB corp looks like Ellison-willis-crowell. thats SOLID but not amazing.

all of this boils down to our run defense will be better but not good enough.

Devin
04-06-2007, 06:37 PM
LOL like the optimism but we have a long ways to go.

T-Long
04-06-2007, 06:42 PM
There is not enough optimisim lately....Im jumpin on that train!

jamesiscool
04-06-2007, 06:44 PM
There is not enough optimisim lately....Im jumpin on that train!

funny the guy posting in the "if we get willis" thread has a POZ bills uni avatar.

I love the bills LOL

Ed
04-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Let's face it, no matter who else we pick up or who we draft, no one really knows what to expect from this team. There's just too many unknowns, mainly because of youth. Don't get me wrong, I love this team and the direction we're going, but our success is going to depend a lot on how guys like McCargo, Williams, Youboty, Ellison, Everett, and Preston/Butler/Merz step up this year. I'm always an optomist when it comes to the Bills, so I don't doubt we could make a big turn around like some other teams have, but falling short of .500 again wouldn't surprise me either. I think it's easy to expect some teams to be good this year and some to be bad, but we're probably gonna be one of the harder teams to predict. I am excited though.

Go Bills!

justasportsfan
04-06-2007, 07:33 PM
I think I'll go start my own Turner thread.

Ed
04-06-2007, 07:35 PM
I think I'll go start my own Turner thread.
Haven't you heard? You're not one of the cool kids unless you start your own Turner thread.

justasportsfan
04-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Haven't you heard? You're not one of the cool kids unless you start your own Turner thread.

I better hurry up then.

T-Long
04-06-2007, 07:44 PM
funny the guy posting in the "if we get willis" thread has a POZ bills uni avatar.

I love the bills LOL

Hey I may love Posz and hope we get em'...but Im not gonna say having Willis would be a bad thing...especially if we can get Turner as well.

Night Train
04-06-2007, 07:56 PM
There's a playoff for hands down your pants ?

Take notes, Pat !

mikemac2001
04-06-2007, 08:44 PM

think were on our way but Hands down Is a little bit to far..rather dish a third and get willis and draft WR/CB with 2nd

ShadowHawk7
04-07-2007, 11:28 AM
I believe we can make the playoffs w/ our current crop of CBs and WRs. However, for the playoffs, we need 3 things:
1. Vast improvement of run defense using similar Dline personnel and different LB personnel from last year.
2. Effectiveness of Turner/Lynch/Peterson/Pittmann/Irons + Atrain in coordination with the Oline in order to make teams respect our ground game.
3. JP continues his upward trend.

If we get these 3, we're playoff bound.

SABURZFAN
04-07-2007, 12:52 PM

it could happen but the defense is a glaring eyesore right now.we lost some major contributors and i don't see anything close to it being replaced.