• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

ESPN/Joyner Chat Wrap - Lots of Bills talk

Derrick (Saratoga, CA): What did your metrics say about Eric Moulds last year, would it be wise for a team that needs better wide receivers like the 49ers to pick him up?

KC Joyner: Moulds metrics last year were not bad (7.8 YPA) so he could still contribute to a team. The Niners could certainly use his leadership as well, so it would be a sensible move.

Katelyn (Syracuse, NY): Pick me, pick me! Assuming Adrian Peterson does not fall to the Bills at 12, Buffalo has four options. Rank them from best to worst: 1)trade up for AP 2)trade for Michael Turner 3)draft Marshawn Lynch 4)draft Patrick Willis, take RB in 2nd

KC Joyner: Glad to hear from one of the regulars! I'd rank your options this way: Either #3 or #4 is the best option, #1 next, and #2 after that. Turner's price will be way too high for Buffalo to pay.

Matt (Oakland): KC, I'm wondering why everyone has written off Daunte Culpepper so quickly. Certainly his last two years have been a struggle, although some of that can be chalked up to his injury, but his stats before that were great. Any chance the Raiders can pick him up for pennies on the dollar?

KC Joyner: Culpepper to the Raiders would make a ton of sense on so many levels. The first thing Culpepper will have to do for any team, though, is prove that he is back to full strength. I agree with you that he should be capable of this, so he could be a value pickup for a team willing to pull the trigger.

John.C(Buffalo): KC, Why do you dog the Bills so much? Why do you think Lee Evans wont have a good career here in Buffalo? Andre Reed and Eric Moulds did. Please explain to us Bills fans?

KC Joyner: John, I don't mean to say that Evans will have a bad career in Buffalo. My point is that even though he is putting up excellent numbers despite not being used as much as he should be, he's not getting the press attention he deserves. Believe me, I think Evans should be a Pro Bowler.

Tony (CT): KC, need your help, big Jets fan. They play the Giants this yr. When do the schedules come out. I am getting married on a sunday during football season and my friends are going to kill me if the Jets-Giants play on that day. Much appreciated

KC Joyner: Tony, why are you getting married during football season?! Take some advice from someone who made that same mistake: re-schedule it for the offseason! If you don't, this kind of thing will come up every year, trust me.

Phil (Syracuse, NY): Why didn't the Giants pursue Turner or McGahee instead of Droughns?

KC Joyner: The asking price, pure and simple.

Albi (Manhattan): I don't think Culpepper and Moss want to play together again.

KC Joyner: Very good point, Albi!

Mikey(Lackawanna,NY): Do you think the Patriots will end up trading Asante Samuel?

KC Joyner: No way. They hold all the cards because of the franchise tag. Samuel's tack right now should be to take the big money for one year and then fight hard for FA next year.

Majeed: KC, Good advice on the wedding date. I got married in June for that reason. Anyways, what can Miami get for Pepp? 3rd rounder too high?

KC Joyner: Yeah, but if he postpones the wedding and his fiance finds out I suggested it, I could get some serious grief! Regarding Culpepper, I think Miami would have trouble getting a #3 unless he can prove he is over the injury.

Katelyn (Syracuse, NY): Why are teams like Buffalo and Tennessee even considering giving up a first round pick for Michael Turner, when all teams can get for established starters (Willis McGahee, Thomas Jones) is a 3rd rounder?

KC Joyner: The only reason I could think of is that Turner is perceived to have more upside than the other two you mentioned. Having said that, a 1 and a 3 for Turner seems like a really high price, even with his possible upside.

Samantha(Tempe,Arizona): KC, Please answer my question. It would be a nice Birthday gift? I am a big fan of Lance Briggs(since College) and i was wondering what team or teams that you heard of are interested in trading for him? Any chance he comes back to Arizona to play?

KC Joyner: A happy birthday to Samantha! Given that the Bears turned down the Redskins trade offer, it seems that they aren't in a hurry to move him along. Briggs would be a great fit in Arizona but they certainly aren't going to pay the trade price Chicago wants, nor am I certain they would want to pay Briggs the money he is looking for. Sorry!

James Bodman Tamaqua Pa: do u think it would be wise for the dolphins to get D Carr and trade culpepper fort a 4th round pick lets see what he could do behind a decent line and two awesome backs in the backfield.

KC Joyner: Carr to Miami makes a ton of sense if they don't think Culpepper can come back.

SCOTT(SYRACUSE): Are you even aware that Turner is at One Bills Drive right now

KC Joyner: Scott, you've mentioned this a number of times, so how could I not be aware!

SCOTT(SYRACUSE): Just thought you might comment on their chances of overpaying for him so you guys can rip us for it but if anybody else gets him its a huge steal

KC Joyner: I swear the Bills fans think I have it in for them! I'll have to email Nick Bakay and have him vouch for me!

Todd (Detroit): In every chat with NFL analysts on ESPN.com, Bills fans complain about what people say about their offseason. Live with it. You could be a Lions fan.

KC Joyner: As a former Michigander, I wholeheartedly concur with Todd!

SCOTT(SYRACUSE): please do I respect you answering that but really do the Bills sign him before he leaves how about swapping firsts

KC Joyner: Scott, if the Chargers come down on their price, the Bills could make the deal. Buffalo has plenty of draft day options as well, so I don't think they are going to pay the price that SD wants, but anything is possible.

Andrew (Albany, Ny): What did your metrics say about Chad Pennington last year? Good job with average stats or was his performance misleading?

KC Joyner: His primary metrics tell a good story. 6.9 YPA is very good. 2.3% bad decision percentage is quite solid. He is limited in the types of passes he can throw but NY has figured a way around that limitation.

Joe (Indiana, Pa): Okay KC settle it. Which team will do worse this year ... Bills or Lions?

KC Joyner: Lions by a mile.

Randy (Cheyenne): Last Try, I even had my girlfriend ask a question, thought she might get some love. Of all the RBs that switched teams via trade and free-agency, how high do you rank Travis Henry?

KC Joyner: Randy, I lived in Casper for about a month so believe me that I bear no grudge against Wyoming! I like the Henry move a lot.

John(buffalo): KC, You know you hate the Bills. C,mon tell the truth?

Jim Atlanta Goergia: KC you really do dog the Bills. Levy did a great job in last years draft and in getting rid of Vincent and Spikes and Fletcher when they become injured or slowed or pushed downfield once too often.

KC Joyner: I swear that I don't get Bills fans. I write an article stating that Lee Evans has Hall of Fame level talent and that he is being ignored because he's in Buffalo and I get slammed. What's a scientist to do?!

Mikey(Lackawanna,NY): KC, Do this for all the Bills fans even if you dont mean it and you will be forgiven? say that you love the Buffalo Bills and they will win the SuperBowl this year? You have to do this.

KC Joyner: I'll leave the "Bills in the Super Bowl" prediction up to Boomer!

hef (nyc): What do the acquisitions of Stallworth, Welker and Washington do for the Pats WR corps?

KC Joyner: Stallworth has dominant deep pass metrics and Welker has excellent medium pass metrics, so they both fill glaring needs in that offense. I'm not much on Washington.

SCOTT(SYRACUSE): Hint its Turner in a Bills uniform

KC Joyner: I know I've posted too many Bills comments today but Scott's answer made me laugh (although if Turner goes to Buffalo, Scott is right!).

~The Answer
  • Scumbag College
    • Oct 2002

Re: ESPN/Joyner Chat Wrap - Lots of Bills talk

Bills fans come off as kinda annoying. Still, I like them busting the chops of anyone on ESPN, even though Joyner seems to be OK.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• The Answer
      The Plagiarist
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Scumbag College
      Bills fans come off as kinda annoying. Still, I like them busting the chops of anyone on ESPN, even though Joyner seems to be OK.
      The Answer loved this one from a Lions fan:

Todd (Detroit): In every chat with NFL analysts on ESPN.com, Bills fans complain about what people say about their offseason. Live with it. You could be a Lions fan.

KC Joyner: As a former Michigander, I wholeheartedly concur with Todd!
      ~The Answer

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        Sab and TD are insignificant
        • Sep 2002

I annoy everyone at work that talks football - they deserve it - one's a steelers fan - I made him resort to personal attacks - he's a *****, and he drives a ***** car - a VW Beetle.
        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• bills&sabresmvf
          • May 2005

We are annoying and do complain a lot about what others think about our team(s). That being said, u don't see that often. We're a close-knit city, who by all means, loves their sports. Sure we come off protective, but tell me that the truth is written that we deserve sports in this town over any other. We do, know and love, our city to the fullest. There's plus and neg. about living in Buffalo and being a Buffalo sports fan, but you can't put us down about how we love our teams! GO SABRES....GO BILLS!!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
            he's a *****, and he drives a ***** car - a VW Beetle.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

All of us fans should treat the Bills like we treat family matters: Argue and fight and disagree all you want within our "family," but don't ***** or whine or complain or say bad things about the Bills to non-Bills fans.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Scumbag College
                Well it is true.....
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

James Bodman Tamaqua Pa: do u think it would be wise for the dolphins to get D Carr and trade culpepper fort a 4th round pick lets see what he could do behind a decent line and two awesome backs in the backfield.
                  Did he just imply that Miami has a decent O-line?

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                    Did he just imply that Miami has a decent O-line?
                    give Link Miyagi - I gotta see Joyner's response to this bonehead.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                      • Mar 2003

Good stuff.
                      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• The Answer
                        The Plagiarist
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
                        give Link Miyagi - I gotta see Joyner's response to this bonehead.
                        His Answer is already in the chat wrap and he didn't say anything in response to miami's oline:

KC Joyner: Carr to Miami makes a ton of sense if they don't think Culpepper can come back.

Obviously this chat happened earlier in the day before Carr signed with Carolina though.

~The Answer

Comment

Working...
                        X