PDA

View Full Version : Connolly looks rusty!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-06-2007, 11:14 PM
On Ch2 News Sports tonight they showed video of the morning practice (yesterday) and Connolly well let's just say he looked rusty. He skated OK but his speed and agility was just not there and he was slow getting back on D. Here the rest of the team was skating fast at 100% and Connolly skating about 75-80% (guesstimation) he's not ready to come back.

kgun12
04-06-2007, 11:20 PM
No doubt, and I'm not sure why we want him back this year anyway. Yes he WAS good in the playoffs last year and yes he WAS good on the power play, but we have been through this before with Lafontane and the results weren't good. Give him until next years training camp, if he is ok, great, if not spend that money on healthy players!

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-06-2007, 11:27 PM
The guy hasn't played for almost a year, I wouldn't expect him to be fresh and ready to go.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-06-2007, 11:29 PM
No doubt, and I'm not sure why we want him back this year anyway. Yes he WAS good in the playoffs last year and yes he WAS good on the power play, but we have been through this before with Lafontane and the results weren't good. Give him until next years training camp, if he is ok, great, if not spend that money on healthy players!

The only problem with Patty was that Sabres doctors didn't even let him back on the ice they wouldn't clear him so he asked the Sabres to trade him and they did to the Rangers and then with the Rangers he suffered another concussion after colliding with one of his own teamates and that was the end of Pat LaFontaine's career.

kgun12
04-07-2007, 12:46 AM
The only problem with Patty was that Sabres doctors didn't even let him back on the ice they wouldn't clear him so he asked the Sabres to trade him and they did to the Rangers and then with the Rangers he suffered another concussion after colliding with one of his own teamates and that was the end of Pat LaFontaine's career.

This is kind of what I mean. I think Connolly is one hit away from becoming Batman again. I just would like the Sabres to cut ties with this guy. With his money we could sign Briere, Durry and Zubie! We have played great without him, and we could stay great with these 3 players still in the fold for years to come!

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-07-2007, 09:14 AM
This is kind of what I mean. I think Connolly is one hit away from becoming Batman again. I just would like the Sabres to cut ties with this guy. With his money we could sign Briere, Durry and Zubie! We have played great without him, and we could stay great with these 3 players still in the fold for years to come!

Didn't they say they think the problem with Connolly wasn't necessarily a concussion but that he had a disk that was off in his back and that was giving him concussion symptoms? I believe there was another player that had the same issue and had the same surgery Connolly had and hasn't been injured that way since.

Nighthawk
04-07-2007, 10:15 AM
I don't give a damn how rusty he is...they kept him on the roster and sank 3 million into him...put him on the ice these last 2 games. Darcy & Ruff will look like a bunch of morons if they end up not using him in the playoffs, when they could have shelved him for the year and got some real defensive help in here at the trade deadline. If he doesn't play in the playoffs, that would piss me off.

Michael82
04-07-2007, 11:12 AM
I don't give a damn how rusty he is...they kept him on the roster and sank 3 million into him...put him on the ice these last 2 games. Darcy & Ruff will look like a bunch of morons if they end up not using him in the playoffs, when they could have shelved him for the year and got some real defensive help in here at the trade deadline. If he doesn't play in the playoffs, that would piss me off.
Excellent post! :bf1:

another thing is, the power play is horrible right now. They could use Connolly there.

SABuffalo786
04-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Wrong again Losman!

Michael82
04-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Wrong again Losman!

:rofl:

Typ0
04-08-2007, 12:18 PM
TC is going to be a monster on this team in the playoffs you watch. The quality and depth of this team is unfathomable right now. We are on the way.

SpillerThrills
04-08-2007, 12:22 PM
People were crying right after the trade deadline that Zubrus was horrible and we shouldn't have "wasted" what we gave up for him....... now everyone loves him and what he does for this team.

Give Tim some time to get used to skating at full speed with the team in games... it's gonna take a few games but it'll happen! he hasn't skated with the team in game situations in alomst an entire year, ofcourse he's gonna be alittle "rusty".