PDA

View Full Version : Hey JJ...

ublinkwescore
04-07-2007, 10:15 AM
did you by chance make a video of us shutting out the pats 31-0 at the start of the 03 season?

if so, could you post a link?

Devin
04-07-2007, 10:39 AM
THere is, but I dont feel like searching for it.

Set to the wonderful sounds of P.O.D

JJamezz
04-07-2007, 10:43 AM
:up:

http://www.billszone.com/media/video/hlvids/2003/2003.09.07.patriots.at.bills.wmv

JJamezz
04-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Set to the wonderful sounds of P.O.D

:D

ShadowHawk7
04-07-2007, 11:39 AM
BTW, can we PLEASE get a year end highlight video? We've had em the last two years I think, and I'd really love to see some highlights in games we didn't win. Certainly this video would be better, and longer, than last years version.
I will pay for it.

ublinkwescore
04-07-2007, 11:41 AM
someone needs to start a JJ Video Archive forum so we will never lose these timeless jewels.

ublinkwescore
04-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Ahhh - that was kinda therapeutic.

BAM
04-07-2007, 11:49 AM
BTW, can we PLEASE get a year end highlight video? We've had em the last two years I think, and I'd really love to see some highlights in games we didn't win. Certainly this video would be better, and longer, than last years version.
I will pay for it.
I'd love to do another one, but quite honestly I didn't save any of the highlights from the majority of the games. It'd take quite some time to go back through and pick them apart.

In the past, I'd keep up each week saving the video highlights of all the games. The year I did not have the time to do so and going back now would take weeks. :ill:

If I do get to one, it won't be until after May. I am not scheduling any summer classes for this semester so I'll have some extra time to maybe get one out. :up:

ShadowHawk7
04-07-2007, 11:56 AM
Excellent news. Good timing for the post draft lull. If you need any help, LMK. I've dabbled in montages before.

That Pats game really makes me sad. When I saw it 4 years ago, I really didn't grasp of what an amazing game it really was. Bledsoe, Henry, Moulds, Milloy, and Spikes all kicked some SERIOUS ass, and now they're all MIA. That could have been the year for us, had we not hired GW.. That was Donahoe's downfall, that and Mularkey, not the players he brought in.

BAM
04-07-2007, 12:02 PM
That was indeed an awesome game! One I was glad to be in attendance for! Everything just seemed to fall our way.

I also had my girl tape it for me so I still have a copy on VHS. :xtreme:

SABURZFAN
04-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Ahhh - that was kinda therapeutic.

how many 18 inch sandwiches did you consume? :fat:

jpdex12
04-07-2007, 01:04 PM
I remember that game like it was yesterday! That is one of the best games I have ever seen played.

We will rise again!

Devin
04-07-2007, 01:40 PM
:D

I watch that vid every so often I remember the tune well :jam:

jamesiscool
04-07-2007, 01:42 PM
damn that felt good....

JJamezz
04-07-2007, 01:50 PM
I will pay for it.

Sorry man, I don't have the time or desire to put that all together... I realize most people have absolutely no idea how much work is involved, but even doing one for a single game can take several, like 6-7-8 hours..

Not sure what the groans are about in this thread, but I find it funny they're all from the only 2 people on my ignore list.. lol.

Devin
04-07-2007, 02:30 PM
I can confirm that lol, ive been working on learning how to make some that stuff takes forever. Not to mention trying to match up the music.

BILLSROCK1212
04-07-2007, 02:32 PM
I loved that Sam Adams INT run back for a TD. That wa sone of the best moments in the Bills recent history.

Devin
04-07-2007, 02:38 PM
How bout that hit TKO put on that guy?

jamesiscool
04-07-2007, 02:59 PM
How bout that hit TKO put on that guy?

too bad that TKO will probably never be back.....

MVP
04-07-2007, 04:12 PM
why did i watch that? it made me want spikes back lol!

raphael120
04-07-2007, 04:24 PM
man will i miss the TKO dance... not that he had much reason to dance for the past couple seasons....i wanna see the fire in our players again, and hopefulyl this will be the year

ublinkwescore
04-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Sorry man, I don't have the time or desire to put that all together... I realize most people have absolutely no idea how much work is involved, but even doing one for a single game can take several, like 6-7-8 hours..

Not sure what the groans are about in this thread, but I find it funny they're all from the only 2 people on my ignore list.. lol.

I could have sworn I read some people on here were willing to pay you for your efforts.

ublinkwescore
04-08-2007, 11:15 AM
man will i miss the TKO dance... not that he had much reason to dance for the past couple seasons....i wanna see the fire in our players again, and hopefulyl this will be the year

Hopefully, we'll be seeing a lot of Hargrove dancing this year - after he beats out Tim Anderson and maybe even Triplett on the depth chart, or takes over for Kelsay on the LDE.

ublinkwescore
04-08-2007, 11:18 AM
I can confirm that lol, ive been working on learning how to make some that stuff takes forever. Not to mention trying to match up the music.

what exactly do you need?

How do you get the game footage?

I'd like to take a stab at it if I don't need to buy any additional hardware or software etc...

JJamezz
04-08-2007, 11:43 AM
I could have sworn I read some people on here were willing to pay you for your efforts.

Yeah, that'd go over big if the nfl ever found out about it... No thanks.

Devin
04-08-2007, 12:04 PM

I'd like to take a stab at it if I don't need to buy any additional hardware or software etc...

Software, time, creativity.

ShadowHawk7
04-08-2007, 12:47 PM

Ditto. I'm a high school senior in my 2nd semester with jack to do and previous experience. If someone hooks me up w/ the game film, I can definitely help do it.

ublinkwescore
04-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Software, time, creativity.

what is the software called?

I've got a lot of creativity - I think so anyways... I could probably make the time - on weekends anyways, the Software I don't have...

Devin
04-08-2007, 01:03 PM
There are about a million diff video editing suites out there you can use.

Sony Vegas, swish, photoshop (not video editing but you would likely need it), macromedia flash.....etc

JJamezz
04-08-2007, 02:22 PM
There are about a million diff video editing suites out there you can use.

Sony Vegas, swish, photoshop (not video editing but you would likely need it), macromedia flash.....etc

Thats exactly what I use as far as the putting video together part.. I like Vegas better than anything else I've tried for PC, I used Premiere for a few years, until I tried Vegas. Swish (sorta like an easier to use Flash) I use for any titling with motion in it. And like Devin said, you will definitely need some kind of image editing software, Photoshop is best IMO.

It all depends how complicated you want to make it. You can do simple titling & effects in other video editing software. Hell, a number of the first videos BAM made he did in Windows Movie Maker, and they looked great.

Getting the game footage is another story - honestly, that takes up probably half the time it takes me. I take notes while I watch the game, and record it on my ReplayTV (like a Tivo). Then I pull the hard drive from the Replay, put it in my PC and pull the video off.. I'm leaving a couple of steps out, but then I edit in VirtualDub and save out the clips individually. That step alone can take a couple of hours. I'm really a stickler for audio & video quality, so my process is a little longer than it has to be.

You could download the highlights from bb.com, cut them up and use those if you absolutely had to. There's also a guy on the bb.com boards that puts the games up on his site - they're in Real format, so they can be tricky to use.

As I (and BAM) have said, its not that this stuff is all that hard to do, but it does take a lot of time and patience to learn to use the tools. I've had a lot of people ask me how to do them, who have no experience working with audio / video / web design, and they're expecting like some 30 second answer that they can just read and then instantly be able to do.. Not that you fit into that category ublink, I'm just saying. If you have some experience working with video or even audio and/or web design, you'll be able to pick it up, it just takes time and a lot of playing around with the tools.

JJamezz
04-08-2007, 02:26 PM
It would be nice if someone, or multiple people could sorta take up the gauntlet with the highlight videos.. I'm planning on moving from NJ to Tampa in the fall, and unless somebody figures out how to add hours to the day, I don't see me making many videos this season.

hammerbillsfan
04-08-2007, 05:27 PM
I would love to do some videos but I can't get any footage. :(