Kris Jenkins available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Kris Jenkins available

Do we have the cap room to offer him a one year "prove-it" contract?

Find all the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

When the Carolina Panthers signed defensive tackles Ma'ake Kemoeatu and Damione Lewis in 2006, some league insiders assumed that the moves were a sign that the team was thinking about to parting ways with defensive tackle Kris Jenkins.

A year later, the Panthers reportedly are trying to make it happen.

According to Pat Yasinskas the Charlotte Observer, sources from multiple teams say that the Panthers have made it clear that they would be willing to trade Jenkins if the price were right. G.M. Marty Hurney declined to comment on whether Jenkins is on the trading block.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    also cheese
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Kris Jenkins available

Isn't it Jenkins who gets hurt every year?

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Yes.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Stewie
        • Aug 2002

hence the prove it deal.

STRENGTHS: Has good size, plays with good leverage, generally gets under an offensive lineman's pads and is difficult to move once he gets into position. Has excellent upper-body strength and can shed blocks quickly. Does an excellent job of anticipating the snap count and has an explosive first step. Takes good pursuit angles and is fast enough to chase down some backs from behind. Has good change-of-direction skills. Forces offensive linemen to move their feet in pass protection and shows excellent closing speed to the quarterback for his size. Has long arms and can bat down passes at the line of scrimmage. Has improved his recognition skills and did a better job of reacting to screens and draws this year.

WEAKNESSES: Occasionally has problems locating the ballcarrier once he disengages from the block and takes himself out of plays by getting too tar upfield. Needs to improve his endurance. Appears to wear down at times and will come out of his stance too high when tired. May take plays off and isn't always relentless as a pass rusher or in pursuit. Has a tendency to disappear in games and needs to prove he can produce consistently.
        I love Weiner.
        also cheese

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Here is the article the report was based on:

LINK

It doesn't surprise me Jenkins is available, because the Panthers are faced with paying big money to Jordon Gross and Julius Peppers in the near future.

Jenkins bounced back to stay healthy for the full season last year and make the Pro Bowl. He also is only 27 (he turns 28 in August).

To offset that he has been a guy who struggled with his weight at times, and he did miss a lot of time in injury in 2004 and 2005.

When healthy the guy is a premier DT who can clog up the middle like the best in the NFL, and he is locked up for reasonable dollars until 2009. The question is how much Carolina is looking for in trade. He is a good player.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

When he's healthy he's in the top 3 or so DT's in the game.... to bad he's never healthy

I wouldn't want him here. For one, we don't need to be giving up picks for DT's right now, and secondly, if they were to cut him, SOMEONE would still give him big bucks.... preferably not us.

Comment

• Stewie
              • Aug 2002

I'd give up one of the mcgahee picks for him, with a conditional next year based on games played.
              I love Weiner.
              also cheese

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

but he is a probowl talent without a question.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• jamesiscool
                  suck it fool.
                  • Feb 2007

but he doesn't fit out defense. he's a run clogger, not a penetrating DT.
                  Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• dolphan117
                    • Dec 2005

Daniel Snyder-Man I really want Lance Brigs......

Assistant-Kris Jenkins is on the trading block

Daniel Snyder-Sweet!! I want Kris Jenkins!!

Assistant-Look, that guy next door has some cool flashing lights.

Daniel Snyder-Awesome!!! I wonder if he will take draft picks for them?!! I love shiny flashing stuff!!!

Assistant-Betty, you better call the doctor. Our boss has run out of his ADD medication again.

You know its only a matter of time before the Skins offer something for Jenkins.

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

For a DT Jenkins is pretty mobile and fast. He has a salary of 4.5 million and is injury prone. If the Bills got rid of someone that fits that description at LB why would they trae for one at DT?

Comment

• EDS
                        • Jan 2003

Jenkins would be an enormous upgrade over any current DT on the Bills roster and would instantly become the Bills top overall defender. That said, I doubt the front office would go after him.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                          !?!?!?!?!?
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by dolphan117
                          Daniel Snyder-Man I really want Lance Brigs......

Assistant-Kris Jenkins is on the trading block

Daniel Snyder-Sweet!! I want Kris Jenkins!!

Assistant-Look, that guy next door has some cool flashing lights.

Daniel Snyder-Awesome!!! I wonder if he will take draft picks for them?!! I love shiny flashing stuff!!!

Assistant-Betty, you better call the doctor. Our boss has run out of his ADD medication again.

You know its only a matter of time before the Skins offer something for Jenkins.
                          they do need a DT to play next to Cornelius Griffin but do they both play the same tackle spot?

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by dolphan117
                            At least it would be addressing a big need for the Redskins. Trading for Jenkins would actually make sense because it would improve one of their big problems last year (run defense). Contrast that with trading for Briggs or Samuel, which would be acquiring good players where they already seem set.

Comment

• jimmifli
                              • Nov 2006

He looks mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X