PDA

View Full Version : Timmy Back - It's Official

Dr. Lecter
04-07-2007, 11:27 AM
According to WGR.

Michael82
04-07-2007, 11:29 AM
yeah baby! Good move, we gotta get him some live game action on the ice before they decide what to do with him in the playoffs. :up:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-07-2007, 11:32 AM
bye bye Stafford back down to Rochester, well until Monday when the Sabres will call him back up.

Mitchy moo
04-07-2007, 11:56 AM
bye bye Stafford back down to Rochester, well until Monday when the Sabres will call him back up.

round trip ticket.

YardRat
04-07-2007, 12:07 PM
I saw in the paper this morning that MacArther was sent down...was that clearing a spot for Max?

Also...I'm not real clear on the ramifications of the roster moves. Did we use two of four moves to get Max and Connelly back on the squad, does anybody have to clear waivers going down or coming back up, how many moves do we have left for the playoffs, etc?

Michael82
04-07-2007, 12:18 PM
I saw in the paper this morning that MacArther was sent down...was that clearing a spot for Max?

Also...I'm not real clear on the ramifications of the roster moves. Did we use two of four moves to get Max and Connelly back on the squad, does anybody have to clear waivers going down or coming back up, how many moves do we have left for the playoffs, etc?
Either 2 or 3 left. So that until the Amerks are knocked out of the playoffs. So, they gotta hold onto 1 or 2 of the moves for injury needs in the playoffs.

Michael82
04-07-2007, 12:29 PM
And that's why he's back! Nice goal! :bf1:

BSU Drew
04-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Connolly scored on his first game back.. Great news!!!

RockStar36
04-07-2007, 12:54 PM
:clap:

Timmy!

Philagape
04-07-2007, 01:36 PM
:up:

Meathead
04-07-2007, 02:47 PM
sweeet

chubluv
04-07-2007, 02:57 PM
I dont think we are going to see Drew back for the playoffs unless Lindy sits Mair.

Michael82
04-07-2007, 03:00 PM
I dont think we are going to see Drew back for the playoffs unless Lindy sits Mair.
I disagree. There's no way Lindy will leave him in Rochester after how hard he's played over the last month or so. But, there is the question about using the roster moves and having none left for injuries. That's scary.

SkateZilla
04-07-2007, 03:09 PM
I disagree. There's no way Lindy will leave him in Rochester after how hard he's played over the last month or so. But, there is the question about using the roster moves and having none left for injuries. That's scary.

you only get so many roster moves unless the team is under 18 players...

Michael82
04-07-2007, 03:11 PM
you only get so many roster moves unless the team is under 18 players...
I think we've already used up 1 or 2 of those 4, but i'm not positive.

Philagape
04-07-2007, 03:33 PM
I heard on the radio we have two non-emergency moves left for the playoffs ... recalling Stafford would use one of them.

And there's no reason to not bring Stafford back. He could replace Paille. The only reason Stafford was sent down was for salary cap reasons.

Michael82
04-07-2007, 03:36 PM
but then that would leave you with only 1 non-emergency roster move. That's pretty risky, heading into the playoffs with only 1 move allowed.

Philagape
04-07-2007, 03:41 PM
but then that would leave you with only 1 non-emergency roster move. That's pretty risky, heading into the playoffs with only 1 move allowed.

If it became an emergency, we could use more. So the worst-case scenario is if guys got injured, we would have to dress a guy on the roster who would have been a healthy scratch -- Paille, Peters and Paetsch -- before calling someone up. I can live with that if it means Stafford is up here playing.

Michael82
04-07-2007, 03:44 PM
If it became an emergency, we could use more. So the worst-case scenario is if guys got injured, we would have to dress a guy on the roster who would have been a healthy scratch -- Paille, Peters and Paetsch -- before calling someone up. I can live with that if it means Stafford is up here playing.
Who do you take out of the lineup for Stafford?

chubluv
04-07-2007, 03:45 PM

I don't think he is going to play unless there is another _ _ _ _ _ _. As long as Timmy and Max keep playing well Lindy is not going to change the line up unless the team is playing ****ty and he needs to shake things up.

The line combinations of:
Zubrus-Drury-Kotalik
Hecht-Briere-Pominville
Vanek-Roy-Max
Paille-Mair-Connolly

Will keep Stafford, Paetsch & Peters on the bench. I don't think its fair to Drew or Nathan, but unfortunately thats the way it goes. The lineup today when healthy is our best team.

Michael82
04-07-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't think he is going to play unless there is another _ _ _ _ _ _. As long as Timmy and Max keep playing well Lindy is not going to change the line up unless the team is playing ****ty and he needs to shake things up.

The line combinations of:
Zubrus-Drury-Kotalik
Hecht-Briere-Pominville
Vanek-Roy-Max
Paille-Mair-Connolly

Will keep Stafford, Paetsch & Peters on the bench. I don't think its fair to Drew or Nathan, but unfortunately thats the way it goes. The lineup today when healthy is our best team.
I think you are right, thats why I'm starting to wonder if Stafford will be left in Rochester to play the playoffs here and stay in condition for when they need him.

Meathead
04-07-2007, 03:51 PM
terrific lineup too

Philagape
04-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Who do you take out of the lineup for Stafford?

Paille