PDA

View Full Version : The most you Buffalo should give up for Turner thread

jpdex12
04-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Considering that we have to give up more than his worth to pry him from SD, we should give up no more than our second round pick this year and next year's third rounder from Baltimore. That is a point worth of 650+ points for Turner...like saying he was as high as the 28th pick in the draft when he was actually a 5th rounder.

Devin
04-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Id do that deal.

YardRat
04-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Swap seconds, and a conditional third next year.

Devin
04-07-2007, 01:32 PM
1 - Patrick Willis, MLB
2 - Michael Turner, RB

Then I trade both 3rds to get back into the 2nd

2 - Jason Hill, WR

Losman, Turner, Evans, Hill behind that new OL :jam:

BILLSROCK1212
04-07-2007, 01:41 PM
3rd and 7th rounder

jpdex12
04-07-2007, 01:54 PM
3rd and 7th rounder

I hear ya man! I'm sure OBD is starting low and meeting in the middle. I'm just saying that I hope the middle ground is no more than what I started this thread with. I could live with that and If it's more, then I will have to live with that because I ain't the GM.

BILLSROCK1212
04-07-2007, 02:28 PM
I hear ya man! I'm sure OBD is starting low and meeting in the middle. I'm just saying that I hope the middle ground is no more than what I started this thread with. I could live with that and If it's more, then I will have to live with that because I ain't the GM.
I could live with a 3rd rounder this year and a 2nd rounder next year.

bigbub2352
04-07-2007, 02:40 PM
I think both our 3rds we got for McGahee or a 2nd straight up, nothing more, less if we can, no way do u give them a 1st and a 3rd or even a 1st...

mikemac2001
04-07-2007, 02:57 PM
why is this another post

Meathead
04-07-2007, 03:32 PM
gee i wish somebody would do a comprehensive poll on this exact subject (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=123974)

patmoran2006
04-07-2007, 03:37 PM
1 - Patrick Willis, MLB
2 - Michael Turner, RB

Then I trade both 3rds to get back into the 2nd

2 - Jason Hill, WR

Losman, Turner, Evans, Hill behind that new OL :jam:
This would be the ultimate best-case scenario IMO.. I 100% agree.

Those three players would make this team a hell of a lot better, on both sides of the ball.

jpdex12
04-07-2007, 06:02 PM
why is this another post

??? What?

JPFBillsFan
04-07-2007, 06:38 PM
swap spots in the 1st with SD
take Siler with the #1, Leonard with the #2, Irons/Pittman w/#3, CB/LB other #3

W1DER1GHT
04-07-2007, 06:59 PM
The most I would want them to do is a 3rd this year, and a 2nd or 3rd next year.

mikemac2001
04-07-2007, 07:05 PM
??? What?

there have been like 5 post like this, even a poll if u click the link above...Just was asking why it was needed

alohabillsfan
04-07-2007, 07:11 PM
What's really funny is the super uneducated, rose colored glasses wearing Chargers fans that haven't the clue as to the "value" of a Back up RB. There is no way they get a 1st rounder for him, if that was the case TN or Buff would have already inked the deal. I am now wondering if they will get a clean 2nd? I think they may only get a swap of positions similar to the Bears/Jets trade. The Chargers and Turner better hope something is done this year, with the 2008 being the RB draft of the century MT will find a much drier market for his services. (and to think they are going to get a 3rd round comp. pick is just moronic)!

2008 Draft RB's

1 Darren McFadden (JR) 6' 1" 213 NA Arkansas
2 Steve Slaton (JR) 5' 10" 192 NA W. Virginia
3 Jonathan Stewart (JR) 5' 10" 235 NA Oregon
4 Ray Rice (JR) 5' 9" 195 NA Rutgers
5 Ryan Torain 6' 0" 215 NA Arizona St.
6 Mike Hart 5' 9" 199 NA Michigan
7 Tashard Choice 6' 0" 205 NA Georgia Tech
8 Rafael Little 5' 10" 199 NA Kentucky
9 Chauncey Washington 5' 11" 219 NA USC
10 Allen Patrick 6' 0" 198 NA Oklahoma

W1DER1GHT
04-07-2007, 07:15 PM
What's really funny is the super uneducated, rose colored glasses wearing Chargers fans that haven't the clue as to the "value" of a Back up RB. There is no way they get a 1st rounder for him, if that was the case TN or Buff would have already inked the deal. I am now wondering if they will get a clean 2nd? I think they may only get a swap of positions similar to the Bears/Jets trade. The Chargers and Turner better hope something is done this year, with the 2008 being the RB draft of the century MT will find a much drier market for his services. (and to think they are going to get a 3rd round comp. pick is just moronic)!

2008 Draft RB's

1 Darren McFadden (JR) 6' 1" 213 NA Arkansas
2 Steve Slaton (JR) 5' 10" 192 NA W. Virginia
3 Jonathan Stewart (JR) 5' 10" 235 NA Oregon
4 Ray Rice (JR) 5' 9" 195 NA Rutgers
5 Ryan Torain 6' 0" 215 NA Arizona St.
6 Mike Hart 5' 9" 199 NA Michigan
7 Tashard Choice 6' 0" 205 NA Georgia Tech
8 Rafael Little 5' 10" 199 NA Kentucky
9 Chauncey Washington 5' 11" 219 NA USC
10 Allen Patrick 6' 0" 198 NA Oklahoma

That is an excellent way to look at this entire situation. I would rather have 7 of those guys over Turner next year if this doesn't work.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-08-2007, 03:07 AM
Unless I am mistaken, that list is missing Ian Johnson of Boise St. (a junior next year, I believe) who I would rank no lower than 5th or 6th on that list. There is also a possibility that Felix Jones, who has shared carries with McFadden at Arkansas might enter the draft (not likely, since he would gain more attention by staying and getting more playing time after McFadden leaves, but who knows).

There will be no fewer than 8 RBs in next year's draft who have the potential to be starting RBs or major contributors in a 2-RB system.

I understand the desire to get a top quality RB for this season and that M.Turner is a proven commodity on the NFL level, but I would not spend more than a 2nd round draft pick in this year's draft to acquire Turner. If the Bills cannot acquire him from SD for that, I would not make a deal for him--San Diego would be getting more, in a second round pick, for the unproven Turner than Seattle and Indy were able to get for S.Alexander and E.James when they were shopping those RBs a couple of years ago and, quite frankly, who would you rather have: Turner or Alexander or James? (I think Turner comes in third in any poll on that.)

If the Bills cannot acquire Turner for no more than a 2nd round pick, IMHO it would come down to how much they like M.Lynch and whether P.Willis is gone by the time they pick at # 12. If Willis is still available at # 12, IMHO he is too good and fills too much of a need for the Bills not to take him. However, if Willis has already been taken and they really believe that Lynch can be the second coming of T.Thomas, I suppose I could live with them taking Lynch at that point (because he will go to GB at # 16 if the Bills don't take him at # 12).

My preference, in that instance, however, would be for the Bills to trade down a few spots, take the best LB remaining on their draft board (Posluzny, Beason, Alexander???), and grab Leonard in Round 2. Why Leonard? Because, while he isn't an ideal starting tailback, he is intelligent enough to be able to contribute as a complement to A.Thomas this season, particularly as a pass receiver out of the backfield, and would have the ability to move to FB next season or similarly serve as a top-flight complement to one of the RBs on this list that the Bills could obtain in next year's draft.

While I would be willing to give up as much as a 2nd round pick in this year's draft for Turner, my preference would be to get him for less: ideally, a 3rd round pick and a 7th round pick in this year's draft. I would not trade any picks in a future draft or a conditional pick.

clumping platelets
04-08-2007, 04:05 AM
Swap of 2nd's and cond 3rd in '08

SD wants too much

Marvelous
04-08-2007, 05:04 AM
I want to have a solid RB as much as the rest of us but swapping 1st is rediculous.
Using the draft value chart our pick is worth
& theirs is worth
that's 580 points, and that's the 1st pick in the 2nd round...That's too much IMO for him.. I don't know enough about him besides the highlights most of us have seen..I dunno if he is a good recieving threat or is he can block worth a dmn etc etc... IMO i say we send them Baltimores 3rd(128points) & we swap 2nd round picks. Is that too much to offer? If he is worth it then IMO it's gonna be somewhat expensive. I just don't wanna lose too many picks based on what Marv is capable of based on last years draft.. I'm confused. I want all our draft picks, BUT i want Turner.. :lol:

alohabillsfan
04-08-2007, 06:17 AM
Anything more than what we got from Balt. is to much! We have holes! We need picks to fill them! Does M. Turner put us in the playoffs? We are more than likely at least 1 more off season and draft away which I can live with! So I say do not sacrafice picks for M. Turner we need to keep building for 2008!

With that said...

1) RB is the easiest position to be an impact as a rookie! Great, let's draft that stud in 2008 where the class is loaded. (round 1 pick 2008)

2007= holes, (currently RB, MLB, SLB, CB, TE, #2 WR)

I am at the point that the only player worth the #12 pick is Willis and I am kinda hoping he is gone because I really believe we need more picks to fill the needs of our team. I am a big fan of dropping to 21 (Denver in exchange for both of their 3rd round picks)!.

21, OLB Timmons or Beason
43, CB McCauley or Hughes
70, WR Steve Smith or Jason Hill
74, LB Durant or Buster Davis
86, RB M. Bush or B. Jackson or C. Henry
92, TE Newton or Chandler
111, QB J. Palmer
184, RB Battle
222 FB McClain or Anderson
239 WR Cornelius or Trannon

2008 a whole lot of BPA's! TE/WR/DT/? and still have 4 day one picks!

Night Train
04-08-2007, 06:56 AM
Nothing more than a conditional 7th in 2008 !

Draft picks are worth BILLIONS ! They're proven NFL players, who ususally make an immediate impact ! Plus they're new, very shiny and could possibly have a high grade on Madden !

THERE IS NO NFL PLAYER BETTER THAN A DRAFT PICK ! ( MY PRECIOUS ! ) NOT PEYTON MANNING, NOT LT. NO ONE !

Don't gamble on trading for a possibly good NFL RB, Marv. Some mid round guy who looked OK running a 40 at a pro day is far better ! Now lets beat the Dime a Dozen saying like a dead horse !

WooHoo ! Bring on 10-6 and the Playoffs !

Phelge
04-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Screw it. Keep our picks, sign him 12 months from now when he's an UFA. Give SD strunes.

Michael82
04-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Nothing more than a conditional 7th in 2008 !

Draft picks are worth BILLIONS ! They're proven NFL players, who ususally make an immediate impact ! Plus they're new, very shiny and could possibly have a high grade on Madden !

THERE IS NO NFL PLAYER BETTER THAN A DRAFT PICK ! ( MY PRECIOUS ! ) NOT PEYTON MANNING, NOT LT. NO ONE !

Don't gamble on trading for a possibly good NFL RB, Marv. Some mid round guy who looked OK running a 40 at a pro day is far better ! Now lets beat the Dime a Dozen saying like a dead horse !

WooHoo ! Bring on 10-6 and the Playoffs !
:rofl: That's how dumb some people sound. Come on! What are the chances that our 2nd rounder would actually net a stud player? I like the idea of trading it for a player that is ready right now! :up:

Marvelous
04-08-2007, 09:32 AM
I like the idea of trading it for a player that is ready right now!
Why? what's the hurry bro?

What are the chances that our 2nd rounder would actually net a stud player?
Ya never know Mikey...Schobel was a 2nd rounder man...We need our picks and we need them to be solid picks. Our desperate hour....Like i said in my last post " i'm undecided". I want Turner because he's young/upside etc..
----------But----------
i also REALLY like our draft picks potential(InmMarvWeTrust ETC), + We don't know for sure if he is gonna work out and be as good for us etc..I'm worried that he could be similar to the likes of Lamont Jordan in Oakland....YUPPER, Undecided...

acehole
04-08-2007, 10:26 AM
For every one shobel there is 10 blowballs in the 2nd round....

Why? what's the hurry bro?

Ya never know Mikey...Schobel was a 2nd rounder man...We need our picks and we need them to be solid picks. Our desperate hour....Like i said in my last post " i'm undecided". I want Turner because he's young/upside etc..
----------But----------
i also REALLY like our draft picks potential(InmMarvWeTrust ETC), + We don't know for sure if he is gonna work out and be as good for us etc..I'm worried that he could be similar to the likes of Lamont Jordan in Oakland....YUPPER, Undecided...