PDA

View Full Version : You got to spend it to make it!

jpdex12
04-07-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm talking about the draft and picking up talent and sacrificing draft spots.

We are all speculating and wondering how and what to do about getting Turner and value and worth and how much we should give up or shouldn't give up. Well, how can you give more than you need to get a player like Turner that would allow us some flexibility in the draft? We know we are going to have to spend more than he appears to be worth currently...

I say give up our second this year and third next year (from Baltimore) if that does it. If it doesn't then we would be giving up too much to get it done. By doing this we should end up with our starting RB and have some depth at RB on our roster. That means we do not need a RB in the draft but we gave up a 1st day pick this year to get Turner(forget 2008's 3rd rounder for now).
With this being consumated, we should try to trade down from the #12 spot in order to pick up another second rounder to replace the one we gave up to get Turner. This means that we might have to pass on P. Willis if he is there at #12 and get a different LB (Poz, Beason, Timmons) with our pick anywhere in the 20-25 spot. If Willis is already gone then we look like genius' and I feel that any of these other guys would be able to start at OLB this year. I love P. Willis but we may have to pass him up to make the team better as a whole. Then we would still have a second rounder (from trading down) in the 46-57 spot to use on a cornerback. We would still have both 2007 3rd round picks to use on another good linebacker and then a WR or BPA. Giving up next year's 3rd rounder is part of the sacrifice for trading McGahee and acquiring Turner, but at least that pick wouldn't be used until next year and we still have all of the 4 day one picks this year. This would fill all of our holes and prepare us for drafting mostly for talent (BPA) next year.

We all want to be able to pick up the best players NOW, but you have to think...what makes the most sense and gives us the most bang for our buck?