PDA

View Full Version : Bills on the Clock

jdbillsfan
04-07-2007, 03:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2828059

BILLSROCK1212
04-07-2007, 04:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2828059
Jeremy Green must have done some research on the Bills and come to some Bills message boards because this is close to the opposite of what he said about a week ago.

raphael120
04-07-2007, 04:16 PM
well its about time someone has looked at all the losses on our team in an intellectual light, and not just sayin "oh look they lost so and so and the bills are screwed"...

idiots...

Bert102176
04-07-2007, 04:47 PM
I want Patrick Willis bad

BILLSROCK1212
04-07-2007, 04:49 PM
I want Patrick Willis bad
Bert when did u get back?

Bone
04-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Will this be on sportscenter tonight?

BILLSROCK1212
04-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Will this be on sportscenter tonight?sunday

jimmifli
04-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Even though the Bills have lost a lot of talented players this offseason, they've gotten younger and saved valuable cap space.

That's stupid.

B-DON
04-07-2007, 06:08 PM
That's stupid.

Why?

YardRat
04-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Why?

I would say because the idea isn't to 'save' cap space, but to spend the cap dollars efficiently.

Mr. Miyagi
04-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Why does everyone keep saying that we will need to draft a replacement for Nate Clements? It's not like we didn't know Nate was leaving and suddenly we have this huge void! Why else did we draft 3 DBs in the first 4 rounds last year??

patmoran2006
04-08-2007, 10:12 AM
I just saw it on ESPN right now..

and HOly **** did Kiper, Mort and Woodsen all take their shots at Ralph Wilson; questioning if he even is trying to win..

Yikes that was pretty brutal. mort did praise the coaching staff; and they did talk about having some good young players; but pretty much ripped the front office at the top.

Im sure a video will be available later.

raphael120
04-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Well again, in the acutual video section of "Bills on the Clock" they pretty much sat around saying ralph's going to sell the team in the next couple years, they lost too much, the bills will not make up for the veteran losses, and pretty much just sat back and laughed at the bills...i mean, literally, when the thing was over, they laughed. **** them

Dicknoze69
04-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah that was absolutely brutal to us. All three of the commentators took shots at us. Woodson called Willis a "special" back and wondered why we let him go.

raphael120
04-08-2007, 10:15 AM
mcgahee is special, but in the bad way.

JPFBillsFan
04-08-2007, 10:15 AM
I hate ESPN

Dicknoze69
04-08-2007, 10:18 AM
I understand where they are coming from, but I think we had valid reasons to lose all of the players we have lost, outside of possibly Clements.

Fletcher is on the wrong side of 30, McGahee isn't nearly as good as he or the media thinks, and Spikes might never regain his form. Clements we just didn't want to give him what this market dictated he was worth.

However, they failed to mention any of this. Typical ESPN.

patmoran2006
04-08-2007, 10:28 AM
They were way off on McGahee, but some of the stuff they said was true.. Like it or not.

Kiper even went as far to say we could be picking 1st or 2nd in the draft next year.

Bone
04-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah most things they said were right, you guys can't deny just becasue were all Bills fans.

I don't want Turner, I want to stay with what we have and get P. Willis in the first and a rb in the second, there is a lot of good running backs in this draft, and its really nothard to hand a guy the ball off and let him run is it? It shouldn't be since our "amazing O-Line" everyone is talking about.

London, I don't care how old he is, he was the heart and soul of our defense and this year its going to show.

Were still a good 1-2 years away from a playoff season, and people are saying were making the playoffs this year....NO.

I hate it how we don't sign are players either, this day and age in the NFL if you don't get to the Playoffs in 2-3 years your fired, so why don't we sign people? Lee Evans is going to want a fat contract after this year probably and knowing the Buffalo Bills we'll be cheap like we usually are.

/rant

unpaid_bills
04-08-2007, 10:55 AM
The Bills are cheap and we have historically not paid they players. weather its fair or not lots of reasons but it does impact the type of players and FA we can bring in. I dont really understand why Nate was not locked up years ago. We drafted him to be the "next shutdown" CB he produced stayed healthy for the most part, put of decent numbers made the PB and out of trouble. Takeo and Spikes were the leaders of the D and solid character guys. Yes they are older and Spikes had the inj - what LB's dont. I just dont think that the leadership part is something we will be able to pick up in the draft. We are relying on who in the Defense to lead us? We can all speculate and hope until they start playing the games thats all we have.

Why even get the hopes up draft a stud in a few years he will be done anyway. This is the freakin NFL in 2007 the salaries are ridicululus the Bills have made their point we will not overpay. And the results .... If that is their M-O until they start winning they will never get respect or credit from the media, ESPN and the likes.

raphael120
04-08-2007, 11:25 AM
oh we'll overpay players like kelsay and dockery...

jamze132
04-08-2007, 12:35 PM
I think Woodson has a love affair for McGahee. He said he was so special? What the hell was Woodson watching the last coupld of years when McGahee averaged 3.8 ypc? How freakin hard is it to replace that production? And to add to that, whoever replaces McGahee will sure be a better blocker.

MVP
04-08-2007, 12:39 PM
He said he was so special?
mentally my friend, mentally.

jamze132
04-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Well again, in the acutual video section of "Bills on the Clock" they pretty much sat around saying ralph's going to sell the team in the next couple years, they lost too much, the bills will not make up for the veteran losses, and pretty much just sat back and laughed at the bills...i mean, literally, when the thing was over, they laughed. **** them
You could tell that all of them had a hard time trying to be serious about the Bills this year. All Kiper could say is that we have as many hols to fill as anyone in the NFL. But what the hell would Kiper know about playing football? It's not like he ever played at any level.

I understand that there are a few unknowns surrounding out team right now, but I don;t think it is nearly as bad as ESPN makes it out to be.

jimmifli
04-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Why?
We had more cap space than nearly every team in the NFL. Why did we need to "save"?

Bert102176
04-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Bert when did u get back?

I'm going to my moms and using my little brothers pc every now and then so technicaly I'm not back, but I hope to be back soon.