PDA

View Full Version : Hey NE39

Devin
04-07-2007, 08:28 PM
What do you think about Ryan O'Callaghan? He gonna start anytime soon?

Ickybaluky
04-07-2007, 10:37 PM
What do you think about Ryan O'Callaghan? He gonna start anytime soon?

It'll be him or Nick Kaczur at right tackle, with the offseason and training camps deciding.

He actually started early on last year after Kaczur was slow to recover from offseason shoulder surgery. Kaczur came off the PUP and won the job back late in the year after O'Callaghan got banged up.

Kaczur is a pretty good player. He did a respectable job filling in for Matt Light at LT as a rookie in 2005 (Kaczur was hurt in the playoffs and missed the Denver game that year). If I had to handicap it I'd give Kaczur the edge, although a lot depends on if O'Callaghan improves over his rookie year. He did a decent job for them, but Kaczur eventually moved him back to the bench.

I think the Pats OL ends up like this:

LT Matt Light
LG Logan Mankins
C Dan Koppen
RG Stephen Neal
RT Nick Kaczur

3rd OT - Ryan O'Callaghan
Backup C/G - Russ Hochstein
Backup C/G Billy Yates

If they decide to keep a 9th OL it will probably be Wesley Britt. I don't see OL as a real priority in the draft, unless they just see a player who is a real value when their pick comes up. I think their OL is pretty much set.

Devin
04-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the insight man, someone asked me about him the other day and apart knowing he had some starting experience didnt know much about him.

MVP
04-09-2007, 12:01 AM
LT Matt Light
LG Logan Mankins
C Dan Koppen
RG Stephen Neal
RT Nick Kaczur

say what you want about our aquisitions, that ****s on our o-line.

Devin
04-09-2007, 07:00 AM
BB loves him some white linemen.