• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Move up for AP? Im starting to warm to the idea

Why the hell not.

AP is a gamebreaker, his durability as far as injury goes has been a question mark, but I also like our medical staff. If they bring him in here and can put him to the test to check for his durability before the draft, so be it.

I think Oakland finally gets it right and takes the best player with the top pick...Calvin Johnson. That starts a cascade effect IMO.

Detroit then goes with Russell who is too good to pass up in their minds.

Browns go with Brady Quinn who is lobbying to go there, Weiss Crenel connection helps this happen.

TB has Cadillac and Grudens comments about AP may make them take the jump, but theres guys like Thomas or Adams that can help them too. Maybe they trade down, I think they pass on AP or trade down.

So we need to move up the 4 pick max, more likely we need to land above the 8 pick. ATL has Norwood but Dunns about done.

I say, move our 12 pick and our top 3rd plus a 4th next year for moving to the 6, or 7 pick.

Its this. 6=1600, 12=1200, 74th=220, and say a 4th next year at say 80 points or so. That means they get 1500 points or so for a 1600 pick. They may take it.

What do we lose? Well, we get 2 3rds for McGahee, so we are trading one of them for the rights to Peterson and our 12 pick is really for him. Its not like its our 12 pick and McGahee for him, its a better deal then that. And next year we cover our loss of a 4th with the extra 3rd rounder we got.

This locks up a franchise RB, keeps our 2nd rounder and a 3rd for LB help or a CB.

By the way, I could see us grabbing Puz in round 2, then Buster Davis in round 3 or De'Ossie or Black in round 4 and taking a CB in the 3rd.

Many feel Peterson is one of the best players in the whole draft. Im warming to a move up for him if we feel hes not a medical liability.

Get er done.

• patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Move up for AP? Im starting to warm to the idea

while I agree that moving up for AP (no Turner trade is made) wouldnt be the worst thing; I dont think its a luxury we can afford with our defense.

Maybe if we had signed a LB or two in FA it would be a much bigger possibility; but I dont think it is now.

For the record, I think AP's skills are severely undervalued on this board; I think he will be a franchise back for someone.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      while I agree that moving up for AP (no Turner trade is made) wouldnt be the worst thing; I dont think its a luxury we can afford with our defense.

Maybe if we had signed a LB or two in FA it would be a much bigger possibility; but I dont think it is now.

For the record, I think AP's skills are severely undervalued on this board; I think he will be a franchise back for someone.
      why the assumption we cant get 2 stud lb's from later rounds? Qunicy Black is underrated as well. Or how bad is Ellison, the vid on bb.com shows some fantastic play by him.

Im sensing this is a Willis or bust, opinion.

Comment

• acattack15
        • Jan 2007

I totally agree, Peterson is a All-Pro potential RB and it is very possible we could easily trade up and get him without trading our entire draft away. Plus we fill a huge hole in RB and hopefully still keep our 2nd rounder to get a LB. LB is much deeper position in this years draft than RB so grab a LB such as David Harris, Brandon Siler, maybe even Poz or Beason in the 2nd. Then we may have a 3rd rounder left and possible grab a CB for debt such as Jonathan Wade, David Irons, or a Josh Wilson.

I would much rather do this trade then stay at 12 and pick Lynch or get a OK RB in the 2nd like kenny irons which is a huge drop off.
        With the 12th Pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select: Marshawn Lynch RB California
        -The future Pro Bowl RB of the NFL-

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/

Comment

• acehole
          • Jan 2006

I dont like him he is not "Special" in my opinion....
          I dont like his upright running style vs the lower you shoulder and punish the defender style.....defenders hit him low which is the reason he gets hurt. M Lynch is a retart....those 2nd teir running backs are looking better and better to me in the 2-3rd rounds...if AJ dont want to play ball.....

Hated by the stupid..
          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

It's really irrelevant because we're going to take a LB with our first pick, and a RB (Pittman) in round two unless we get the Turner trade done.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

I am thinking a more likely scenario is a trade down vs up.....especially if we do the turner deal. Let say for the sake of argument the turner trade happens....lets also say that it is not for our #1....a trade down with Dallas or cincy will net us a pretty good OLB or Wr in the first round.....and gets us our 2nd or 3rd round pick back from the turner deal.........we have to many needs to trade away a high pick(2nd and 3 and or fourth) for a potiential or injury problem....if we were one peice away (RB) then yea...... I agree with you on oakland taking C Johnson....it is just Al davis to pick him......

Originally posted by jp-era
              Why the hell not.

AP is a gamebreaker, his durability as far as injury goes has been a question mark, but I also like our medical staff. If they bring him in here and can put him to the test to check for his durability before the draft, so be it.

I think Oakland finally gets it right and takes the best player with the top pick...Calvin Johnson. That starts a cascade effect IMO.

Browns go with Brady Quinn who is lobbying to go there, Weiss Crenel connection helps this happen.

TB has Cadillac and Grudens comments about AP may make them take the jump, but theres guys like Thomas or Adams that can help them too. Maybe they trade down, I think they pass on AP or trade down.

So we need to move up the 4 pick max, more likely we need to land above the 8 pick. ATL has Norwood but Dunns about done.

I say, move our 12 pick and our top 3rd plus a 4th next year for moving to the 6, or 7 pick.

Its this. 6=1600, 12=1200, 74th=220, and say a 4th next year at say 80 points or so. That means they get 1500 points or so for a 1600 pick. They may take it.

What do we lose? Well, we get 2 3rds for McGahee, so we are trading one of them for the rights to Peterson and our 12 pick is really for him. Its not like its our 12 pick and McGahee for him, its a better deal then that. And next year we cover our loss of a 4th with the extra 3rd rounder we got.

This locks up a franchise RB, keeps our 2nd rounder and a 3rd for LB help or a CB.

By the way, I could see us grabbing Puz in round 2, then Buster Davis in round 3 or De'Ossie or Black in round 4 and taking a CB in the 3rd.

Many feel Peterson is one of the best players in the whole draft. Im warming to a move up for him if we feel hes not a medical liability.

Get er done.
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by jp-era
                Why the hell not.

Get er done.
                Getting the best available LB at #12 is more important that getting a RB with the 6th pick.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                  Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                  • Mar 2003

I'm fully willing to trade all of McGahee's value, plus our 12th pick to move up to 6 and grab him. That moves us back to square 1, with a large upgrade at RB in hand. With our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th picks, we'd have 1 major need to address (LB) and 3 lesser ones (WR, DT, and CB).

The only thing I'd be scared about here is if there are no legitimate LBs left w/ our 2nd rounder, and we are left to wait in the 3rd or trade up.
                  "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                  -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• B-DON
                    hi
                    • Mar 2004

I honestly cant believe how some people on this board think peterson is not going to be good. Its just not possible. Not only will he be good he will be great. Also very undervalued on this board is Vince Young. I know its a little off topic but come on, everyone on this board would be bowing down in praise of youing if he was on the bills. But because he is on the titans people hate. I will never understand it.

Comment

• acattack15
                      • Jan 2007

If you think Peterson is not thst good, or won't be a franchise back barring injury check this videos out. THE GUYS A BEAST.

Just a few highlights and stills of Adrian Peterson. The song playing in the background is Clinton Sparks "I Run This City"!

A tribute to Adrian Peterson's time at the University of Oklahoma!facebook.com/kasey.a.moody

Imagine that in a Bills uniform!!!
                      With the 12th Pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select: Marshawn Lynch RB California
                      -The future Pro Bowl RB of the NFL-

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

No thank you. The only reason the Bills should move up in this draft, would only be to grab the #1 spot and draft the best player in the draft. No way am I going to move up to draft a RB with two bad shoulders. That's just suicide.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by acehole
                          I dont like him he is not "Special" in my opinion....
                          I dont like his upright running style vs the lower you shoulder and punish the defender style.....defenders hit him low which is the reason he gets hurt. M Lynch is a retart....those 2nd teir running backs are looking better and better to me in the 2-3rd rounds...if AJ dont want to play ball.....
                          Michael Turner is looking better and better, the more I analyze this draft. I want to do a deal with our 3rd rounder and conditional pick next year that could be a 1st or 2nd depending on what he does...but i am more than willing to give our 2nd rounder straight up for him. Lynch doesn't impress me. And Peterson's injury prone.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

If we don't do something with the D this would be an incredible waste- Peterson can't help us win if the D is on the field 40 minutes a game.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by acattack15
                              If you think Peterson is not thst good, or won't be a franchise back barring injury check this videos out. THE GUYS A BEAST.

Just a few highlights and stills of Adrian Peterson. The song playing in the background is Clinton Sparks "I Run This City"!

A tribute to Adrian Peterson's time at the University of Oklahoma!facebook.com/kasey.a.moody

Imagine that in a Bills uniform!!!
                              McGahee looked pretty good in College too. We all know how that turned out.

I am not against getting Adrian Peterson at all. But I think it would cost us too much to move up the draft board to grab him. We can still find a possibly great RB outside the 1st round. But if we don't get the best LB in the draft when we haver the opportunity to do so, it might put a damper on the rest of the draft, especially if Peterson somehow figures out a way to get hurt again.

Comment

Working...
                              X