PDA

View Full Version : Calling for a ban on ESPN

JPFBillsFan
04-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Until they say a single positive thing about our team and organization.

Sick of this negativity toward us.

BillsOwnAll
04-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Ha i know did you just see that segment on the bills

acattack15
04-08-2007, 10:26 AM
ESPN just totally **** on us. Saying we have the most needs on our team then any other team in the NFL and that we are gonna have the 1st pick next yr cause we sooo bad.

But they forgot to mention the fact that McGahee only rushed for 990yards last year, is a crybaby, and character problems, also clements wanted an Crazy amount of $$$, and Takeo and LOnder are old and dont fit our defense. But

SABURZFAN
04-08-2007, 10:29 AM

they're usually wrong most of the time anyways so let them carry on with their bad selves. :up:

BillsOwnAll
04-08-2007, 10:32 AM
haha they were so sold on us sucking cause when lost McGahee...did they watch him play ever?

mikemac2001
04-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Big Names Dont = Wins

patmoran2006
04-08-2007, 10:35 AM
LOL.

Dudes, what do you EXPECT?!?!?!

You look at it from your a hometown fan perspective. But look at it from a national perspective.

This is a team that:

A) Hasnt made the playoffs in seven years. There are only THREE teams in the NFL that havent made the playoffs this decade, and Buffalo is one of them. (Houston and Arizona)

B) has a GM that comes out publicly before FA starts and says we will have a self-imposed "cash to cap" philosophy. On a team that already had holes to begin with and lost key players since that; we sign a couple of OL on day one of FA and havent signed a SINGLE PLAYER SINCE DAY ONE..

C) Has an owner that has cried so much to the media over the past few years that its sickening.

D) You look at last year's depth chart in week 16 and this year's depth chart as of right now.. It's clearly worse.

SO while I am not saying that ESPN guys are right when they pretty much openly say we'll be one of the very worst teams in the NFL: they certainly have a lot of reasons to suggest it.

Statman
04-08-2007, 10:38 AM
They're experts when they have their noses inches into our sphincters but morons when they they take these views.

!Papacrunk!
04-08-2007, 10:56 AM
well crying does let the sad out

j/k

Mr. Pink
04-08-2007, 11:00 AM
When we start winning we'll start mattering on the national level. Period.

Til then, go figure we're gonna be ripped by national sources, it's not hard to see that.

ddaryl
04-08-2007, 11:01 AM
I think we deserve some questioning, because we are definitely taking the rebuilding route, however there feelings about McGahee are laughable. No team can be succesful with a cancer in the lockerroom, and Marv isand has been applying the chemo-therapy.

Yes we have questions marks, but I seriously doubt we will be drafting 1st next season.

As for ESPN, I have been steadily reducing the amount of time I spend watching or reading ESPN. Thbis has been happening for the last couple of years.

If anything ESPN has become a network filled with fluff and shoddy journalism from ex-sports stars who have trouble completing a sentence let alone reporting or writing an article that has any real analystic integrity beyond spinning the facts with half truths mixed in.

The one thing that has really pissed me off about ESPN was how they abandonned the NHL after the lockout year. That's where I lost a lot of respect for ESPN.

RedEyE
04-08-2007, 11:06 AM
To put things into perspective, ESPN gives the Sabres much respect.

Mr. Pink
04-08-2007, 11:07 AM

Exactly, because they're good.

The teams that suck, they rip. The teams that are good, they kiss their ass.

Bill Brasky
04-08-2007, 11:14 AM
that's not true funtimes... the entire NFCE has a free pass, at least when I used to watch it. they could do no wrong.

I gave up on ESPN when they started declaring everything that happens in modern day as the best thing ever to happen... just watch when they air those stupid clips like "10 best home runs ever" - it's always stuff that happened recently, they quickly forget about history. you're telling me Mauer's 3 run blast to win a mid season game is better than Joe Carter's walk off to win a world series?

ESPN is like the national enquirer of sports, cookie cutter level. basically a bunch of dorks you would have picked on in college giving you their opinion - (i used to work in sports broadcasting - trust me, these guys are comparable to the biggest dorks your high school/college had to offer) . you're better off scouring the online sources if you want true knowledge/"perspective".

Mr. Pink
04-08-2007, 11:20 AM
that's not true funtimes... the entire NFCE has a free pass, at least when I used to watch it. they could do no wrong.

I gave up on ESPN when they started declaring everything that happens in modern day as the best thing ever to happen... just watch when they air those stupid clips like "10 best home runs ever" - it's always stuff that happened recently, they quickly forget about history. you're telling me Mauer's 3 run blast to win a mid season game is better than Joe Carter's walk off to win a world series?

ESPN is like the national enquirer of sports, cookie cutter level. basically a bunch of dorks you would have picked on in college giving you their opinion - (i used to work in sports broadcasting - trust me, these guys are comparable to the biggest dorks your high school/college had to offer) . you're better off scouring the online sources if you want true knowledge/"perspective".

I will agree on things like the 10 best HRs ever...national sources seem to only remember the past like 10-15 years. Then again, they're also playing to a demographic where most of the viewers are 18-35, so you start showing Bobby Thompson-staying on the HR thing. Most people won't care/know/remember, obviously.

It's also how teams like the Ravens of 2000 get mentioned as one of the best teams ever and teams like the 1950 Browns, 1966 Packers, etc...don't get mentioned because they're way too old for the demographic they're trying to reach.

And yes, ESPN, always has it's favorites. Wherever T.O. goes, they'll cover because he's an idiot that will open his mouth at any time to boost ratings. If T.O. ended up a Bill somehow, we'd get national coverage just because of him and some respect out of it. And no I'm not backing bringing T.O. here. Just an example.

It's simple you win, you get respect...or you bring in colorful personalities, you get some respect. Winning is paramount though.

jpdex12
04-08-2007, 11:22 AM
It's gonna be painful to have to watch a game on ESPN.

PromoTheRobot
04-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Pat, you are just as bad as the rest of them. Maybe it's because you harbor fantasies of joining ESPN one day.

There is an undeniable bias in the sports press against the Bills. It comes from a media that is too cosy with the teams they cover. You don't think when Ralph Wilson blew the whistle on owners like Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft, and Daniel Snyder, they used their connections to paint the Bills in the worst light possible?

They want to sour potential free agents and draftees from going to Buffalo. It's their way of sticking it to Ralph. If it wasn't for the fact that the Buffalo area has some powerful politicians looking out for our interests, it would be much worse.

So Pat, I think it's you who has a homer syndrome with the media, assuming that they don't have their own agendas. Remember that the NFL controls access to it's teams, players, etc. If you piss 'em off, you lose access. So as a sports journalist, you will kowtow to the league and certain influential owners. Expect nothing less from a legue that runs it's own TV and Radio networks. Wake up, man.

PTR

LOL.

Dudes, what do you EXPECT?!?!?!

You look at it from your a hometown fan perspective. But look at it from a national perspective.

This is a team that:

A) Hasnt made the playoffs in seven years. There are only THREE teams in the NFL that havent made the playoffs this decade, and Buffalo is one of them. (Houston and Arizona)

B) has a GM that comes out publicly before FA starts and says we will have a self-imposed "cash to cap" philosophy. On a team that already had holes to begin with and lost key players since that; we sign a couple of OL on day one of FA and havent signed a SINGLE PLAYER SINCE DAY ONE..

C) Has an owner that has cried so much to the media over the past few years that its sickening.

D) You look at last year's depth chart in week 16 and this year's depth chart as of right now.. It's clearly worse.

SO while I am not saying that ESPN guys are right when they pretty much openly say we'll be one of the very worst teams in the NFL: they certainly have a lot of reasons to suggest it.

raphael120
04-08-2007, 11:29 AM
there is no conspiracy theory against the bills...people look at the bills the same way they look at the texans, and you KNOW how YOU look at the texans...

Bill Brasky
04-08-2007, 11:29 AM
It's gonna be painful to have to watch a game on ESPN.
radio up, tv down.

i don't hate espn for the fact that they seem to bash buffalo any chance they get... i just think they have 0 credibility as a news source... they're more concerned with "who said what" and "why so and so" is mad at "what's his face". they aren't sports news they're sports drama.

just stfu and gimme the sports news. i could care less about your creative yet witty paragraph openings to a segment, your stupid catch phrases - or some washed up/has been QB's opinion on what team is in the most need. since when did news equate to some guys opinion on the 10 best uniforms in sports? oh, that and the fact that they whore their brand, products, and personalities at any possible chance.

one thing you can give them credit for, however, is the fact that they've sorta followed every other news network's lead. you can't get reputable news anywhere now unless you look hard and long.

gil
04-08-2007, 11:37 AM
everybody knows it's actually the CIA that has both made us bad and controls ESPN...

j/k - Let them do what they do - repeat conventional wisdom over and over again - they were wrong on a ton of things last pre-season (Miami, just for one) and every pre-season before that.

All we can do is hope our boys make 'em eat crow.

SABURZFAN
04-08-2007, 11:38 AM

they ONLY won the President's Trophy.

that's all...............

Marvelous
04-08-2007, 11:40 AM

Dude they have always been haters since post early 90's team...They always would snub us on highlights during primetime. Even if wee won....haters!!! I have little to no use for ESPN since NFLN.. I'm torn on which station i watch the draft on...ESPN is HD, but NFLN is better imo..
------b---u----t------
There's no Michael Irvin this year so we'll see........
/confused/undecided

djjimkelly
04-08-2007, 12:11 PM
like i posted last week i ran into mularky in aruba and he laughed about willis and what a tool he was. we will be better without willis.

how bout this blast from the past anyone realize the last time we made the playoffs we had 3 rb's take serious snaps linton morris and bryson. RB is most overrated position in football O Line is what makes it work

LtFinFan66
04-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Better idea.....a ban on fans worrying about what the crap media says and wait till the games are played:up:

Billsrock4life
04-08-2007, 01:15 PM
screw espn they're idiots......i could really care less what they think bec every year they're wrong, not just about us but about most teams

Novacane
04-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Magahee was a nobody to them when whe had him. We trade him and suddenly he is one of the best in the league and we are crazy for getting rid off him :rolleyes:

DraftBoy
04-08-2007, 04:08 PM
:rofl:

all this pissing and moaning is hilarious. People only hear what they want to, and see what they want to. Not one critcism ESPN made was at all harsh. They went to extremes calling us the #1 pick next year yes, but we are worse than we were last season. All this addition by subtraction talk is nice, but in reality McGahee was a 1000yd back (yes he only got 990 last season), who we dont have and we have replaced him with.....Atrain? A one time 1000yd back who career has been derailed. We lost Fletcher, Clements, Spikes, and have replaced them with....Crowell, Youboty, and Wire??? I mean come on, we have just about the same if not more holes than teams like San Francisco, Atlanta, Minnesotta, and others. Teams like Houston, Detroit, and Oakland have more holes than we do but by no means was ESPN overly harsh. They also did well to compliment Lee Evans, JP Losman and our improvements of the OL in the offseason, but nobody seems to mention that (I reference my first part of the post). Some of you guys need to wake up and realize its not all roses in Buffalo.

Jeff1220
04-08-2007, 04:14 PM
A lot of what espn says about the Bills is personal because of their buddy TD. When he was Pres./GM, we rarely saw these reports. In fact, many reports had the Bills dubbed up-and-coming. I don't think that it's a coincidence that once TD was gone, the negative publicity from espn (when given any air time at all) really elevated.

BILLSROCK1212
04-08-2007, 04:55 PM
if u don't like what ESPN says don't watch it

DynaPaul
04-08-2007, 05:02 PM
What's ESPN?