X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPFBillsFan
    • Jan 2006

Calling for a ban on ESPN

Until they say a single positive thing about our team and organization.

Sick of this negativity toward us.
  • BillsOwnAll
    My IQ Test results came back negative
    • Oct 2002

Re: Calling for a ban on ESPN

Ha i know did you just see that segment on the bills

Comment

• acattack15
      • Jan 2007

ESPN just totally **** on us. Saying we have the most needs on our team then any other team in the NFL and that we are gonna have the 1st pick next yr cause we sooo bad.

But they forgot to mention the fact that McGahee only rushed for 990yards last year, is a crybaby, and character problems, also clements wanted an Crazy amount of $$$, and Takeo and LOnder are old and dont fit our defense. But
      With the 12th Pick in the 2007 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select: Marshawn Lynch RB California
      -The future Pro Bowl RB of the NFL-

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JPFBillsFan
        Until they say a single positive thing about our team and organization.

Sick of this negativity toward us.

they're usually wrong most of the time anyways so let them carry on with their bad selves.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
          My IQ Test results came back negative
          • Oct 2002

haha they were so sold on us sucking cause when lost McGahee...did they watch him play ever?

Comment

• mikemac2001
            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
            • Mar 2003

Big Names Dont = Wins

MUCK
            FIAMI

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

LOL.

Dudes, what do you EXPECT?!?!?!

You look at it from your a hometown fan perspective. But look at it from a national perspective.

This is a team that:

A) Hasnt made the playoffs in seven years. There are only THREE teams in the NFL that havent made the playoffs this decade, and Buffalo is one of them. (Houston and Arizona)

B) has a GM that comes out publicly before FA starts and says we will have a self-imposed "cash to cap" philosophy. On a team that already had holes to begin with and lost key players since that; we sign a couple of OL on day one of FA and havent signed a SINGLE PLAYER SINCE DAY ONE..

C) Has an owner that has cried so much to the media over the past few years that its sickening.

D) You look at last year's depth chart in week 16 and this year's depth chart as of right now.. It's clearly worse.

SO while I am not saying that ESPN guys are right when they pretty much openly say we'll be one of the very worst teams in the NFL: they certainly have a lot of reasons to suggest it.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Statman
                • Oct 2003

They're experts when they have their noses inches into our sphincters but morons when they they take these views.
                Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                  • Mar 2004

well crying does let the sad out

j/k

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

When we start winning we'll start mattering on the national level. Period.

Til then, go figure we're gonna be ripped by national sources, it's not hard to see that.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

I think we deserve some questioning, because we are definitely taking the rebuilding route, however there feelings about McGahee are laughable. No team can be succesful with a cancer in the lockerroom, and Marv isand has been applying the chemo-therapy.

Yes we have questions marks, but I seriously doubt we will be drafting 1st next season.

As for ESPN, I have been steadily reducing the amount of time I spend watching or reading ESPN. Thbis has been happening for the last couple of years.

If anything ESPN has become a network filled with fluff and shoddy journalism from ex-sports stars who have trouble completing a sentence let alone reporting or writing an article that has any real analystic integrity beyond spinning the facts with half truths mixed in.

The one thing that has really pissed me off about ESPN was how they abandonned the NHL after the lockout year. That's where I lost a lot of respect for ESPN.

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

To put things into perspective, ESPN gives the Sabres much respect.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by RedEyE
                          To put things into perspective, ESPN gives the Sabres much respect.

Exactly, because they're good.

The teams that suck, they rip. The teams that are good, they kiss their ass.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                            • Jan 2004

that's not true funtimes... the entire NFCE has a free pass, at least when I used to watch it. they could do no wrong.

I gave up on ESPN when they started declaring everything that happens in modern day as the best thing ever to happen... just watch when they air those stupid clips like "10 best home runs ever" - it's always stuff that happened recently, they quickly forget about history. you're telling me Mauer's 3 run blast to win a mid season game is better than Joe Carter's walk off to win a world series?

ESPN is like the national enquirer of sports, cookie cutter level. basically a bunch of dorks you would have picked on in college giving you their opinion - (i used to work in sports broadcasting - trust me, these guys are comparable to the biggest dorks your high school/college had to offer) . you're better off scouring the online sources if you want true knowledge/"perspective".

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by jfreeman
                              that's not true funtimes... the entire NFCE has a free pass, at least when I used to watch it. they could do no wrong.

I gave up on ESPN when they started declaring everything that happens in modern day as the best thing ever to happen... just watch when they air those stupid clips like "10 best home runs ever" - it's always stuff that happened recently, they quickly forget about history. you're telling me Mauer's 3 run blast to win a mid season game is better than Joe Carter's walk off to win a world series?

ESPN is like the national enquirer of sports, cookie cutter level. basically a bunch of dorks you would have picked on in college giving you their opinion - (i used to work in sports broadcasting - trust me, these guys are comparable to the biggest dorks your high school/college had to offer) . you're better off scouring the online sources if you want true knowledge/"perspective".

I will agree on things like the 10 best HRs ever...national sources seem to only remember the past like 10-15 years. Then again, they're also playing to a demographic where most of the viewers are 18-35, so you start showing Bobby Thompson-staying on the HR thing. Most people won't care/know/remember, obviously.

It's also how teams like the Ravens of 2000 get mentioned as one of the best teams ever and teams like the 1950 Browns, 1966 Packers, etc...don't get mentioned because they're way too old for the demographic they're trying to reach.

And yes, ESPN, always has it's favorites. Wherever T.O. goes, they'll cover because he's an idiot that will open his mouth at any time to boost ratings. If T.O. ended up a Bill somehow, we'd get national coverage just because of him and some respect out of it. And no I'm not backing bringing T.O. here. Just an example.

It's simple you win, you get respect...or you bring in colorful personalities, you get some respect. Winning is paramount though.

Comment

Working...
                              X