• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Search on SD newspapers

I been searching all the San Diego area newspapers everyday, and Im telling you I can barely even find a blurb in any of them that Turner even visited the Bills. Pretty much any talk centers around SD possibly working out a trade with Tenn. Buffalo pretty much isnt even mentioned.

I dont know if we had a ****ty meeting with Turner, if Turner wasn't interested or what have you. But I find it real odd that we're barely even mentioned.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Search on SD newspapers

I'm surprised Tennessee is again eager to toss another high pick at a RB. They spent a #3 on Henry, a #2 on White, and now a potential #1 on Turner?

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

I am seriously doubting Tenn willingness to give up a #1 for Turner.

Comment

• acehole
        • Jan 2006

Allways a calm before the storm ......!

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        I been searching all the San Diego area newspapers everyday, and Im telling you I can barely even find a blurb in any of them that Turner even visited the Bills. Pretty much any talk centers around SD possibly working out a trade with Tenn. Buffalo pretty much isnt even mentioned.

I dont know if we had a ****ty meeting with Turner, if Turner wasn't interested or what have you. But I find it real odd that we're barely even mentioned.
        Hated by the stupid..
        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Hello! It's the Bills. The media doesnt like to talk about us.

Comment

• camelcowboy
            • Mar 2005

Don't hold your breath, its going to be next week before we really hear anything.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
              Don't hold your breath, its going to be next week before we really hear anything.
              agreed.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

i think both titans and bills hold position of power with AJ smith to make any deal u need a partner without us he has nothing except a 2 million dollar backup RB who will become a UFA next year

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                  • Sep 2003

I hope Marv does not give up anything above swapping 2nd round picks and toss them the Ravens 3rd. If they want more send him to Tenn. There are RB's avail. that can very well be the next MT, and with the rebuilt offensive line anyone should be able to get 1200 yards!!!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                    • Mar 2003

I find that to be a good thing. I'd rather trade up for AP, or wait for Pittmann in the 2nd than get Turner.

One thing I've been meaning to ask, without starting another damn Turner thread, what would you rather have, and why?

A. 12th spent pick on Lynch with P Willis gone
                    B. 2nd round pick for Michael Turner, assuming swap of 1sts is a no-go.
                    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• HAMMER
                      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                      • Jul 2003

I don't think anything happens for a little while yet. There is no hurry, AJ will not work a deal with Tenn. w/o coming back to the Bills. I have had a couple conversations lately that make me want Turner even more.

I played golf with LT and Marshall Faulk last week and they both were pumping Turner up big time. My wife and I had dinner Friday night with my buddy who is one of the Chargers trainers and he has had nothing but good things to say about Turner ("The Goat") also. His character is impeccable and his health is perfect. They ALL talked about how hard he runs.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
                        I don't think anything happens for a little while yet. There is no hurry, AJ will not work a deal with Tenn. w/o coming back to the Bills. I have had a couple conversations lately that make me want Turner even more.

I played golf with LT and Marshall Faulk last week and they both were pumping Turner up big time. My wife and I had dinner Friday night with my buddy who is one of the Chargers trainers and he has had nothing but good things to say about Turner ("The Goat") also. His character is impeccable and his health is perfect. They ALL talked about how hard he runs.
                        Thanks for the info.

I think when all is said and done, Turner will be a Buffalo Bill, it's just a matter of when and for how much.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

The latest article from SD is saying the Chargers hold all the cards. I realize few here will agree with it, but you may want to at least check it out.

None of us knows what will come of the Michael Turner trade talks, but one thing is certain: If a deal does happen with Buffalo or Tennessee, it will be on the Chargers' terms.

The Bills and Titans assured as much when they jettisoned their leading rushers from last season without having a capable replacement on the roster. They ostensibly put all their cards on the table, leaving them no room to bluff down the asking price on Turner.
                          This is the part I think some here don't consider:

There has been speculation that Smith will come off his trade demand of first-and third-round draft choices for Turner, for fear of losing Turner next offseason as an unrestricted free agent and getting only a low compensatory draft choice in exchange. Better to get something now than nothing later, the argument goes.

The only problem is that Smith doesn't think that way. He values playmakers and knows Turner can help the Chargers make a Super Bowl run as a backup and a kick returner. He's not going to give him away, particularly when he knows what cards the other teams are holding.
                          It wouldn't surprise me if Smith holds onto him, unless he gets an offer that gives him big value. He did it before with Drew Brees, and he isn't opposed to keeping Turner.

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Smith does what he feels necessary, i disagree that he should hold onto him simply because im of the mindset you should get value while you can. However if he does decide to keep him im indifferent. While id like Turner here hes hardly a make or break for this franchise. If we dont land him ideally id like to see us fill as many holes as we can this year, sign a vet at RB and draft our future RB next year.
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

You don't hold onto a BACKUP runningback that will probably only get 80 carries or so, for $3 million! Especially when you could get a 2nd rounder by trading him.

Comment

Working...
                              X