PDA

View Full Version : NHL.com Frozen Moment - Buffalo Fans Invading the Verizon Center

SkateZilla
04-08-2007, 10:48 AM
http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/2007/04/frozen_inside040807.jpg

Bill Brasky
04-08-2007, 11:19 AM
that is the best thing i've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my buddy from high school was there and basically said it was a home game.

BlackMetalNinja
04-08-2007, 11:23 AM
that is the best thing i've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my buddy from high school was there and basically said it was a home game.

Who was that?

Bill Brasky
04-08-2007, 11:23 AM
college franko

OpIv37
04-08-2007, 02:26 PM
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=FrozenMoment

classic.

chubluv
04-08-2007, 02:39 PM
Nice.

While listening to the game I heard Briere getting booed when he touched the puck. By the 2nd period all you could hear were lets go Buffalo chants & fans booing Ovechkin when he touched the puck.

OpIv37
04-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Nice.

While listening to the game I heard Briere getting booed when he touched the puck. By the 2nd period all you could hear were lets go Buffalo chants & fans booing Ovechkin when he touched the puck.

It was great hearing "O-V" get booed in his own stadium. He's all the Caps have. Semin and Kolzig are ok but the rest of that team is worthless.

Mitchy moo
04-08-2007, 05:51 PM
The Caps majority owner was interviewed during the 2nd period (on the caps Directv broadcast) and he said we have to figure out a way to make all the local Sabres fans become caps fans, lol.

Michael82
04-08-2007, 06:04 PM
The Caps majority owner was interviewed during the 2nd period (on the caps Directv broadcast) and he said we have to figure out a way to make all the local Sabres fans become caps fans, lol.
They need to win first. :snicker:

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Washington might be the best team suited to move. My brother-in-law lives there and says nobody is ever at the games.

OpIv37
04-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Washington might be the best team suited to move. My brother-in-law lives there and says nobody is ever at the games.

I went to 4 games at that arena this year. One was on a weeknight- the stadium was maybe 1/3 full. Two were on Fridays- the stadium was maybe 60% full. The other one was yesterday's Sat afternoon game- the announced attendance was 18,000, which is about 75% capacity, but half those people were Sabres fans.

For a metropolitan area of almost 4 million people, that's weak. In fact, I think "weak" is the best word to describe their fan base. Of course they have a small cadre of die hards, but beyond that no one here cares about hockey.

But hockey is a tough sell down here. It's not as popular as it is up North, and a lot of people down here are transplants and still root for the teams where they're from (however this doesn't seem to bother the Skins any).

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-08-2007, 08:41 PM
I went to 4 games at that arena this year. One was on a weeknight- the stadium was maybe 1/3 full. Two were on Fridays- the stadium was maybe 60% full. The other one was yesterday's Sat afternoon game- the announced attendance was 18,000, which is about 75% capacity, but half those people were Sabres fans.

For a metropolitan area of almost 4 million people, that's weak. In fact, I think "weak" is the best word to describe their fan base. Of course they have a small cadre of die hards, but beyond that no one here cares about hockey.

But hockey is a tough sell down here. It's not as popular as it is up North, and a lot of people down here are transplants and still root for the teams where they're from (however this doesn't seem to bother the Skins any).

Where abouts do you live Op, my brother-in-law lives in Alexandria in Mount Vernon.

OpIv37
04-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Where abouts do you live Op, my brother-in-law lives in Alexandria in Mount Vernon.

I live about 7 or 8 miles from there, in Alexandria near Kingstowne (he'll know what it means). As the crow flies, it's probably 4 miles, but Huntley Meadows Park and Fort Belvoir get in the way so it's much longer to actually drive there.

We used to own a condo off of Rte 1 very close to Mount Vernon.