PDA

View Full Version : Evil Empire at it again

camelcowboy
04-08-2007, 03:30 PM
<HR style="COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Patriots | Team talks trade with Redskins
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 11:54:32 -0700

Albert Breer, of the Boston Herald, reports the New England Patriots have been rumored to have been talking about a trade with the Washington Redskins, which would ship the Patriots 28th pick and CB Asante Samuel to the Redskins for the sixth overall pick. This would allow the Patriots to draft Louisiana State S LaRon Landry, an impact player who would be ready to start on the season opener.

Lol ill be pissed if they get laundry. Them in the top six would ruin the draft for us. Killing anyshot of getting willis.

justasportsfan
04-08-2007, 03:33 PM
One wants to keep buying high priced players and another keeps building via the draft. I wonder who's the smarter one if it ever happens.

YardRat
04-08-2007, 03:37 PM
And they'd still have a first to use.

BILLSROCK1212
04-08-2007, 03:41 PM
maybe they'd package their firsts along with one of their WRs to move up and get Calvin Johnson

justasportsfan
04-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Op would hate that move if BB replaces Sammuels with a rookie but he would love the redskins for doing so.

BILLSROCK1212
04-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Op would hate that move if BB replaces Sammuels with a rookie but he would love the redskins for doing so.i would love for them to get Leon Hall ahead of us so i wont have to worry about us taking him and then Lee Evans could light him up

Devin
04-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Uggggh anyone but Landry.

Seymour, Landry, Thomas, Bruschi, Colvin and both Warren and Wilfork.

Please god let the Redskins keep that pick.

BILLSROCK1212
04-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Uggggh anyone but Landry.

Seymour, Landry, Thomas, Bruschi, Colvin and both Warren and Wilfork.

Please god let the Redskins keep that pick.if they take Leon hall i couldn;t car eless if they got that pick

camelcowboy
04-08-2007, 04:43 PM
if they take Leon hall i couldn;t car eless if they got that pick

At six they take Laundry and move Eugene wilson back to corner. It would be a great move for them despite losing Samuel.

BILLSROCK1212
04-08-2007, 04:52 PM
At six they take Laundry and move Eugene wilson back to corner. It would be a great move for them despite losing Samuel.they'd probably be better off doing this but....they would still be very weak in the secondary the only thing that worrys me if they pick Landry is the possibility of Willis not falling to us

Generalissimus Gibby
04-08-2007, 04:54 PM
They are turning the NFL into MLB.

camelcowboy
04-08-2007, 05:19 PM
they'd probably be better off doing this but....they would still be very weak in the secondary the only thing that worrys me if they pick Landry is the possibility of Willis not falling to us

I agree, Falcons moved up for Landry, but if he's gone. They have a major need for a linebacker, and willis would fit the bill. I still don't think San Fran would let willis pass, but the Patriots moving to the top 6 is not good for anyone

BILLSROCK1212
04-08-2007, 05:49 PM
I agree, Falcons moved up for Landry, but if he's gone. They have a major need for a linebacker, and willis would fit the bill. I still don't think San Fran would let willis pass, but the Patriots moving to the top 6 is not good for anyonei highly doubt that they would pass on Willis if Landry isn't available

Michael82
04-08-2007, 06:37 PM
:ill:

camelcowboy
04-08-2007, 07:22 PM
i highly doubt that they would pass on Willis if Landry isn't available :up: I thought thats what i said lol

BILLSROCK1212
04-08-2007, 07:24 PM
:up: I thought thats what is said lolyea, my bad

Saratoga Slim
04-09-2007, 10:04 AM
I agree, Falcons moved up for Landry, but if he's gone. They have a major need for a linebacker, and willis would fit the bill. I still don't think San Fran would let willis pass, but the Patriots moving to the top 6 is not good for anyone

you beat me to it. Falcons could very easily grab Willis if Landry is off the board. That would be a huge bummer.

OpIv37
04-09-2007, 10:05 AM
If this happens, the Redskins will jump to #4 on my most hated teams list, behind NE, Miami and Tennessee.

ublinkwescore
04-09-2007, 10:06 AM
And they'd still have a first to use.

And it's all because of the stupid @$$ seahawks who panicked after week one, and overpaid for Deion Branch - I wanna kick Mike Holmgren in the nuts.

justasportsfan
04-09-2007, 10:14 AM
If this happens, the Redskins will jump to #4 on my most hated teams list, behind NE, Miami and Tennessee.
but you would love their way of "replacing" players with proven ones instead of draft picks.

OpIv37
04-09-2007, 10:25 AM
but you would love their way of "replacing" players with proven ones instead of draft picks.

I'm only saying this one more time:

There are more than two ways to do things. The Bills don't do it right and neither do the Redskins.

Get over it.

Canadian'eh!
04-09-2007, 10:28 AM
I honestly think it would take the 6th overall for them to trade samuel... not a trade of 1st rounders....

However... it that happened, the pats would have 3 1sts, including the 6th overall.... yikes.

justasportsfan
04-09-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm only saying this one more time:

There are more than two ways to do things. The Bills don't do it right and neither do the Redskins.

Get over it.
the bills don't do it right (after 1 year of rebuilding) and yet you say they are headed the right direction (after 1 year of rebuilding) ? Haha! self contradiction.

OpIv37
04-09-2007, 10:41 AM
the bills don't do it right (after 1 year of rebuilding) and yet you say they are headed the right direction (after 1 year of rebuilding) ? Haha! self contradiction.

The Bills don't do it right after 7 years of losing. You seem to think those 7 years don't count because Marv came back. But you know what? Those 7 years happened- I lived through them- and they SUCKED. And it looks like the losing isn't even done yet.

justasportsfan
04-09-2007, 10:51 AM
The Bills don't do it right after 7 years of losing. You seem to think those 7 years don't count because Marv came back. But you know what? Those 7 years happened- I lived through them- and they SUCKED. And it looks like the losing isn't even done yet.

How can you pin what TD did on the current FO (that's just stupid) and then say the current FO is headed the right direction (that's contradiction) and then say it looks like the losing isn't done (that's flipflopping, make up your mind) ?

You're not the only one who's lived through those years. If you don't like the waythe bills are rebuilding, there's always the redskins. they fall right into your logic of replacing players with proven ones. Oh wait but you just said they do it wrong too. :huh:

Mr. Pink
04-09-2007, 10:57 AM
This would be a good trade for both teams.

Samuel fits a need for the Redskins...they've had a void ever since trading Champ for Portis in their secondary. And Samuel is having reservations about signing his tender and playing all year as a franchise tender guy.

NE doesn't hold much, if any, of the cards in this. If Samuel doesn't sign his tender, he can't be punished by the team or league. As long as he signs the tender by week 10 and shows up to team functions, he gets credit for the year served and enters FA next season. The only thing Asante misses out on are game checks. So if he can afford to miss out on 8 or 9 game checks, that's his business and his only real punishment in waiting til week 10 to sign the tender.

If he were to not sign his tender, basically if NE finds him serious in any of this, they're stuck with a guy who doesn't want to be there and will only show up to get his year of service and gain his free agency status next year.

If NE could gain the 6th pick out of the deal it would be a huge coup...Rodney Harrison and Laron Landry back there is frightening.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-09-2007, 11:18 AM
There is only one Evil Empire and they don't play in the NFL.

Ickybaluky
04-09-2007, 11:18 AM
NE doesn't hold much, if any, of the cards in this. If Samuel doesn't sign his tender, he can't be punished by the team or league. As long as he signs the tender by week 10 and shows up to team functions, he gets credit for the year served and enters FA next season. The only thing Asante misses out on are game checks. So if he can afford to miss out on 8 or 9 game checks, that's his business and his only real punishment in waiting til week 10 to sign the tender.

If he were to not sign his tender, basically if NE finds him serious in any of this, they're stuck with a guy who doesn't want to be there and will only show up to get his year of service and gain his free agency status next year.

Samuel may be unhappy with the franchise tender, but he will play. He has made about $2M gross in his 4 years as a Pro. He will make $500K per game playing under the tender. He may hold out all camp, but he is going to report when the games start.

He also is going to play his best, because if he is going to hit FA a year from now he is going to have to show he is an elite player. Samuel had a great year last year, but he was considered a nickel CB before that. If he plays like crap next year he will kill his value.

BTW, I doubt there is anything to this rumor. I doubt the Redskins are really going to make a play for Samuel and I doubt the Patriots are interested in trading him.