PDA

View Full Version : Burner or a Caddy

camelcowboy
04-08-2007, 09:57 PM
There's a crazy rumor fueled by Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden's praise of Adrian Peterson: The Bucs could take the Oklahoma running back at No. 4 and then trade Cadillac Williams (Green Bay? Buffalo?) for a pick and a player.
-- Trenton Times
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nfl/index.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/04/08/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html)
Pure speculation but just throwing it out there. I think i would rather have turner. Less ware then Carnell what you guys think?

OpIv37
04-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Cadillac has a turbocharged engine but only a 10 gallon gas tank. No thanks.

Buffalogic
04-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Give me AP!

camelcowboy
04-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Cadillac has a turbocharged engine but only a 10 gallon gas tank. No thanks.

He ran over us his rookie year, but he looked like absolutely like garbage last year. Nothing but injuries

OpIv37
04-08-2007, 10:06 PM
He ran over us his rookie year, but he looked like absolutely like garbage last year. Nothing but injuries

He did, but that game was early in the season. Like you said- he doesn't have the durability or the energy to go the distance.

BILLSROCK1212
04-08-2007, 10:07 PM
srry forget about Caddy rumor has it the Bucs are looking to trade up for Calvin Johnson it is just a smokescreen

Tatonka
04-08-2007, 10:15 PM
i wouldnt touch caddy after seeing how average he looked last year.. i mean just awful.. shaud williams would have looked better.

Bling
04-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Caddy is a classic overachiever. There's a reason Ronnie and Cedric Benson were drafted before him.

BILLSROCK1212
04-08-2007, 10:51 PM
Caddy is a classic overachiever. There's a reason Ronnie and Cedric Benson were drafted before him.while i agree with somewhat he has only been in the NFL for two seasons and Ronnie and Cedric have not performed as well as him

Bling
04-08-2007, 10:59 PM
while i agree with somewhat he has only been in the NFL for two seasons and Ronnie and Cedric have not performed as well as him

4.3 YPC vs. 3.8 YPC? Behind Miami's O-line? At least Chris Simms is a decent QB. I'll take Ronnie Brown over Caddy anyday. Even in his freshman year. All we need is one more year for it be common knowledge what Miami fans (and Nick Saban) have known for a while: Ronnie is a better NFL RB than Cadddy.

Pinkerton Security
04-08-2007, 11:00 PM
while i agree with somewhat he has only been in the NFL for two seasons and Ronnie and Cedric have not performed as well as him

cedric broke his leg his rookie year and was behind thomas jones after that, and played pretty decent last year. i would say cadillac has done better than him.

ronnie brown, i think, has played better than cadillac. he had a 1000 yard season last year while only playing in 13 games. cadillac did have a better rookie year, but with the same number of games, cadillac has slightly more yards but a worse ypc, and ronnie brown has been used more in the passing game as well. IMO, brown is hands down better than both.

cadillac split time with brown in college and i think it may have hurt them both to some degree.

Pinkerton Security
04-08-2007, 11:02 PM
4.3 YPC vs. 3.8 YPC? Behind Miami's O-line? At least Chris Simms is a decent QB. I'll take Ronnie Brown over Caddy anyday. Even in his freshman year. All we need is one more year for it be common knowledge what Miami fans (and Nick Saban) have known for a while: Ronnie is a better NFL RB than Cadddy.

hell yes. you beat me to it.

Bling
04-08-2007, 11:09 PM
cedric broke his leg his rookie year and was behind thomas jones after that, and played pretty decent last year. i would say cadillac has done better than him.

ronnie brown, i think, has played better than cadillac. he had a 1000 yard season last year while only playing in 13 games. cadillac did have a better rookie year, but with the same number of games, cadillac has slightly more yards but a worse ypc, and ronnie brown has been used more in the passing game as well. IMO, brown is hands down better than both.

cadillac split time with brown in college and i think it may have hurt them both to some degree.

I remember when Brown came out, Jon Gruden said he had the best hands of any player in the draft. This is the Braylon Edwards year, btw.

I think Caddy is a better college RB. In college, you don't need the pure talent like Brown has. Caddy's elusiveness was beneficial to Auburn's success. However, in the NFL, you need someone to grind it out who also has the pure speed to take it to the house. I'm not saying Caddy isn't a good RB and he can grind it out too, but Brown is just more physically talented. He can catch out of the backfield, he can get the tough yards, and he's faster than Caddy. He's just built for the NFL, imo.

jamesiscool
04-08-2007, 11:27 PM
i wouldnt touch caddy after seeing how average he looked last year.. i mean just awful.. shaud williams would have looked better.

THATS CUZ SHAUD WILLIAMS I SICK!!! CHECK THE SIG!

PROBOWL BABY WHOOOOO

...... :oops:

BILLSROCK1212
04-08-2007, 11:43 PM
THATS CUZ SHAUD WILLIAMS I SICK!!! CHECK THE SIG!

PROBOWL BABY WHOOOOO

...... :oops:i love it we have a pro bowl running back core....Fred Jackson....A-Train....Shaud

when we play the Ravens Ray Lewis should run away from them cas they r so scary

jamesiscool
04-08-2007, 11:46 PM
i love it we have a pro bowl running back core....Fred Jackson....A-Train....Shaud

when we play the Ravens Ray Lewis should run away from them cas they r so scary

hell yea dood. dont mess with the bills backfield cuz we'll **** **** up.

Saratoga Slim
04-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Gruden's praise of AP is the most transparent smokescreen I've seen this offseason. He may like Peterson, but no way the Bucs are drafting him.