PDA

View Full Version : BZ Draft Guide

DraftBoy
04-09-2007, 07:01 AM
http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2007/04/03/billzone_draft_guide_defensive_tackles.php

Discuss!!

Jan Reimers
04-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Many people really like Okoye, but I don't understand how a 20 year old, physically immature guy weighing 287 pounds is going to be a premier run stuffer this coming season.

We need guys who can play NOW, not developmental projects. I'd love Okoye, too, if we didn't have immediate needs at other positions.

DraftBoy
04-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Many people really like Okoye, but I don't understand how a 20 year old, physically immature guy weighing 287 pounds is going to be a premier run stuffer this coming season.

We need guys who can play NOW, not developmental projects. I'd love Okoye, too, if we didn't have immediate needs at other positions.

Agreed Okoye is going to be dominant in 3 years, and a team who can afford to slowly move him into that role will love this pick and technically for Buffalo he'd be an ideal pick (since we have Tripps and Walker ahead of him) if we didnt have a ton of more pressing needs but the pick wouldnt shock me if Willis is gone by 12 and we dont move down any. He needs time to develop, and he needs to be in the right situation.

Saratoga Slim
04-09-2007, 09:57 AM

I agree that he's not going to reach his physical PEAK for 2-3 years, but you've got to measure his ability to make a current impact based upon what he did last year, against guys that are 2 years older than him. I think even at his current level of development he has the ability to add more to a team this year than perhaps any other DT in the draft, older than him or not. The upside is just gravy.