PDA

View Full Version : So I was in Western NY this weekend and...

Pride
04-09-2007, 07:45 AM
As I traveled "home" for Easter with the family, I quickly noticed something while out at the grocery store, at Lowes, at Auto Zone, and out to dinner. Where the clothing of Western NY'ers has always (at least from my recollection) been Buffalo Bills Blue, Red, and White; it seems to have changed now to Sabres Navy and Gold!

Everywhere I looked I noticed people adorning Sabres clothing. Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that... but this is the first time in my lifetime that I can remember not seeing any Bills apparel while traveling to WNY!

Is this accurate? Is it truly a Sabres town now?

streetkings01
04-09-2007, 07:47 AM
I dont know, I haven't been to Buffalo since we lost to the Pats last year!

patmoran2006
04-09-2007, 07:53 AM
I've lived in Buffalo my whole life, and I've never seen the Bills so clearly the "other" team in WNY. EVERYWHERE is Sabres stuff, the Bills are an afterthought right now. I dont have offical Bills season tix numbers, but I'd be willing to bet they are significantly down. Frankly, a lot of people are tired of not just the losing, but to what appears to the casual Bills fan as an owner who just keeps letting his "name" players walk. For better or worse

Whether its winning, likeable players or a combo of both.. This is Sabres town right now without a doubt.

HHURRICANE
04-09-2007, 08:06 AM
It'll be Red and Blue if we don't win a cup.

patmoran2006
04-09-2007, 08:11 AM
It'll be Red and Blue if we don't win a cup.
It'll be Red and Blue when they become a contending football team again. I dont know if you live here or not, but this town is absolutely Sabres crazy. I've NEVER seen so much blue and gold in my life as I have all season. The ONLY time I can remember Buffalo being this crazy over a team was when the Bills went to four straight SB's, and I'm telling you the comparison between the two is close.

The Diehards will always be crazy about the Bills as long as they're in Buffalo. But the truth is more and more, the average or "casual" sports fan gives a **** about the Bills less and less each year. And to be perfectly honest, why should they? What has Wilson or this front office done that should make Mom and Pop want to go out and spend their hard earned money on season tix?

BSU Drew
04-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Hopefully it sends a message to RW. Spend some money and you'll start winning games.. However I do think Marv knows what he is doing.. It just might take a couple years.

BillyT92679
04-09-2007, 08:49 AM
I've lived in Buffalo my whole life, and I've never seen the Bills so clearly the "other" team in WNY. EVERYWHERE is Sabres stuff, the Bills are an afterthought right now. I dont have offical Bills season tix numbers, but I'd be willing to bet they are significantly down. Frankly, a lot of people are tired of not just the losing, but to what appears to the casual Bills fan as an owner who just keeps letting his "name" players walk. For better or worse

Whether its winning, likeable players or a combo of both.. This is Sabres town right now without a doubt.
I've heard seasons are up compared to last year. I need to confirm, but from another source who was contacted about seasons, the person was told seasons are doing much better this year. Partially it's due to the killer schedule and what former players we play too.

As someone who really could not care less about hockey, it's irksome, but it's true. The Sabres are the number one team right now in town. If they don't advance far in the playoffs and if the Bills do well next year, the Bills will reemerge as number one.

Meathead
04-09-2007, 08:53 AM
spent the detective class money on weed didnt ya

Jan Reimers
04-09-2007, 09:04 AM
The Sabres are on a two year high and about to make a Stanley Cup run. The Bills are have missed the playoffs 7 consecutive years and are 5 months away from opening day.What would anyone expect?

But if the Bills put a decent team on the field, the fans will be back. There is plenty of room for 2 good professional teams in Buffalo.

mybills
04-09-2007, 09:25 AM
There is plenty of room for 2 good professional teams in Buffalo.
If Boston can do it, Buffalo can. :snicker:

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-09-2007, 11:20 AM
No question, you can't go anywhere without seeing Sabres gear or items.

chernobylwraiths
04-09-2007, 11:24 AM
It IS the offseason for the Bills and the Sabres are the best team in the NHL currently. People are crazy for the Sabres and if they win the Cup, will continue to be, but there are still a significant number of people who love the Bills just as much. You just can't blame them for not wearing their gear in the offseason during a run for the Cup.

Stewie
04-09-2007, 11:29 AM
hmm... more people wearing hockey stuff at the beginning of the playoffs, instead of bills stuff halfway through the offseason. weird.

patmoran2006
04-09-2007, 11:42 AM
hmm... more people wearing hockey stuff at the beginning of the playoffs, instead of bills stuff halfway through the offseason. weird.

Umm how about 10x more people wearing Sabres stuff during the middle of the Buffalo Bills season...

Don't be silly

Michael82
04-09-2007, 11:58 AM
exactly! Many of the same fans that are all dressed in blue and gold now were wearing red, white and blue during the Bills season...especially toward the end when they got hot. Now no one is, because it's the ****ing off season. Plus the Sabres are the hottest team in the NHL and arguably the best. Hell, all I am starting to see in Rochester now is the blue and gold. It's spreading fast and furious! Everyone wants to talk about the Sabres.

mikemac2001
04-09-2007, 11:58 AM
there is sabres stuff everywhere..there hot you know plus this is dead time of the year for football

Tatonka
04-09-2007, 12:17 PM

did you cut and paste that from one of the 39 other times you have posted the exact same thing? :honda:

Tatonka
04-09-2007, 12:19 PM
It IS the offseason for the Bills and the Sabres are the best team in the NHL currently. People are crazy for the Sabres and if they win the Cup, will continue to be, but there are still a significant number of people who love the Bills just as much. You just can't blame them for not wearing their gear in the offseason during a run for the Cup.

exactly.

Mr. Miyagi
04-09-2007, 01:50 PM
spent the detective class money on weed didnt ya
:spit:

patmoran2006
04-09-2007, 01:59 PM
did you cut and paste that from one of the 39 other times you have posted the exact same thing? :honda: Well the other 38 times the people on here, especially those who dont live in Buffalo just refuse to believe that the Bills arent the #1 team in town anymore, and its not even close. Sabres have been selling out since day one all season long, 6 of the top 10 jerseys being sold in the NHL (nhl.com) are Sabres. And its been going on since before just during the "bills offseason".