PDA

View Full Version : Stafford Called up

Dr. Lecter
04-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Buffalo, NY (WGR 550)- The Buffalo Sabres held a mandatory meeting and optional skate at the Amherst Pepsi Center today, with rookie Drew Stafford called up from Rochester to join the team.

http://www.wgr550.com/sabres/fullstory.php?id=2308

User Manuel
04-09-2007, 09:52 AM
Man oh man, I guess Darcy and Lindy were right. We have the whole team ready come playoff time ('cept Gaustad, :pissed:).

I'd really hate to be the Isanders.

SabreEleven
04-09-2007, 10:18 AM
I don't understand why Paille was scratched yesterday. It seems like someone else could have sat who needed the rest more than him. I wonder if he got injured again.

bigbub2352
04-09-2007, 10:45 AM
I think him paille and connoly or even roy as our 4th line center (doubt roy) will make an excellent 4 thline, then if needed u have ur bruisers on the bench like mair and peters

SabreEleven
04-09-2007, 11:05 AM
I think him paille and connoly or even roy as our 4th line center (doubt roy) will make an excellent 4 thline, then if needed u have ur bruisers on the bench like mair and peters

If the Sabres dress 4 solid lines, there won't be room for Mair and Peters on the bench.

Dr. Lecter
04-09-2007, 11:07 AM
I would guess Mair dresses ahead of Paille.
They need at least one physical guy and Mair has some talent (unlike Peters).

Briere-Hecht-Pom
Max-Vanek-Roy
Drury-Zubrus-Kotalik
Conolly-Mair-Stafford

Paestch, Paille, and Peters will be the healthy scratches.

SabreEleven
04-09-2007, 11:21 AM
That is kind of scary....scary good

mchurchfie
04-09-2007, 11:30 AM
The Roy line is the hottest line Lindy has right now, there is no way that he breaks that up and disturbs it.

mchurchfie
04-09-2007, 11:33 AM
I would guess Mair dresses ahead of Paille.
They need at least one physical guy and Mair has some talent (unlike Peters).

Briere-Hecht-Pom
Max-Vanek-Roy
Drury-Zubrus-Kotalik
Conolly-Mair-Stafford

Paestch, Paille, and Peters will be the healthy scratches.
That's scarey, a sniper or three on every line.:drool:
Briere(sniper)-Hecht-Pom(sniper)
Max(sniper)-Vanek(sniper)-Roy(sniper)
Drury(sniper)-Zubrus-Kotalik(sniper)
Conolly(sniper)-Mair-Stafford(sniper)

camelcowboy
04-09-2007, 11:35 AM
The Roy line is the hottest line Lindy has right now, there is no way that he breaks that up and disturbs it.

Honestly thats what i said a week ago that they wouldn't take Stafford off that line. Well they did, and Max filled in. I think Roy and Vanek on smaller level shouldn't be seperated.

mchurchfie
04-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Honestly thats what i said a week ago that they wouldn't take Stafford off that line. Well they did, and Max filled in. I think Roy and Vanek on smaller level shouldn't be seperated.
Max made them forget about Stafford pretty fast. There is no way Roy ends up on a fourth line though.

Michael82
04-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Good move, but now they only have 1 roster move left.... :nervous:

camelcowboy
04-09-2007, 01:09 PM

Im not to worried about that. They have 2 scratched forwards, and 1 scratched D-man. In a pinch Paetch can play both. With one move left barring a real bad string of injuries which i can't see two in the same year. I think we should be good.

Michael82
04-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Im not to worried about that. They have 2 scratched forwards, and 1 scratched D-man. In a pinch Paetch can play both. With one move left barring a real bad string of injuries which i can't see two in the same year. I think we should be good.
you better be knocking on wood. :mad:

camelcowboy
04-09-2007, 01:44 PM
you better be knocking on wood. :mad: Maybe before i go to sleep, but not now because i have work soon.

Mikey the way buffalo's luck is if we are going to get screwed no amount of roster moves will help.

Michael82
04-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Maybe before i go to sleep, but not now because i have work soon.

Mikey the way buffalo's luck is if we are going to get screwed no amount of roster moves will help.
Good point, you should have heard Paul Hamilton this morning. He made me depressed and said that he has a bad feeling. :ill:

mchurchfie
04-09-2007, 03:07 PM
:cynic: We have the best team in The NHL, second to none. I'm not worried a bit.

Dr. Lecter
04-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Good point, you should have heard Paul Hamilton this morning. He made me depressed and said that he has a bad feeling. :ill:

WGR is full of jackasses.

YardRat
04-09-2007, 03:34 PM
I'd rather see Max on the fourth line and Stafford moved up.

Dr. Lecter
04-09-2007, 03:37 PM

4 assists in 4 games.

Putting Max on the 4th line is a waste. His speed will be wasted there.

When he wins the Conn Smythe, I am going to make you say something nice about him. :D

YardRat
04-09-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm not dissing him, and I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he won't have his head up his ass this year in the play-offs like last year until he 'turtles' again.

I really hope that doesn't happen, and he can do less than win the MVP and I'll heap praise on him when/if he deserves it.

I just like the idea of having Stafford back up on a 'regular' line and being able to throw a fourth line with both Connelly and Max at the opponents.

Philagape
04-09-2007, 03:52 PM
With Connolly and Stafford/Max on it, we're going to have the best fourth line in the history of the playoffs

mchurchfie
04-09-2007, 04:18 PM
No way, we need his speed with Vanek and Roy. Stafford is more of a grinder with good scoring ability, tailormade to give the other team's fourthline rejects fits.

mchurchfie
04-09-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm not dissing him, and I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he won't have his head up his ass this year in the play-offs like last year until he 'turtles' again.

Good point because he did vanish in last year's playoffs however, he appears fresh and motivated from his time off. I think he will be a monster in the PO's this year.

Mitchy moo
04-09-2007, 05:53 PM
With Connolly and Stafford/Max on it, we're going to have the best fourth line in the history of the playoffs

It's true, the teams are going to be like this is their 4th line?? They will then realize how screwed they are.

Meathead
04-09-2007, 09:31 PM
so what. what other move would they want to make. every player they want is now on the big club, they dont even have room for anybody else. and if somebody goes down they get to make a move anyway. im just saying i think that whole thing is overblown