PDA

View Full Version : What style RB would most fit the Bills offense?

bigbub2352
04-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Since there is no news on a trade or us bringing in any FA rb's as of the moment, i was wondering what everyone thought what type of runnning back the Bills should bring in, a skat back, a power runnning back, speed back...

With the offense we have implimented, and A-train style being a north south power style, and with them showing interest in Barlow, and Brown i think the Bills will be lookin to add a back like Chris Henry AZ, or Wright from fresno state, maybe even a Michael bush if he is there later 4th round,

i dont think they will be lookin at a Darius Walker type back, even though i think we need a serious upgrade of Shaud Williams,

we will see...

Jan Reimers
04-09-2007, 10:50 AM
I'd bring Jim Brown out of retirement. He's around 70, but better than anyone on the current roster.

Actually, I'd like to see some breakaway speed in our backfield, after having lived with the not-too-speedy Antuwan Smith, Travis Henry and Willis McGahee in recent years.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-09-2007, 11:04 AM
I still like DeShawn Wynn.

Night Train
04-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Turner has the style that would fit this Offense. Bowling ball build (5-10 237) with legit 4.42 speed.

If he's not aquired, then the Bills better have ID'd a couple prospects they have a realistic shot at drafting. This is a painfully thin RB draft with a far greater leap of faith factor than trading for Turner. If this was the loaded RB 2008 draft, we wouldn't have any such worries.

Most of these college RB's have big concerns. Durability..off-field issues. Outside of Leonard of Rutgers, most all have never thrown a block in their lives. Many will be picked higher than they deserve, due to slim pickings.

But it's still better than trying for Turner, eh ?

Gotcha

capitolneal
04-09-2007, 11:51 AM
i think someone that is multi dimensional, that can come out of the backfield and catch the ball and even if he is a smaller bacK (like warrick dunn ) because a-train can be a goalline type back and he is a good #2

mikemac2001
04-09-2007, 12:00 PM
LT style

patmoran2006
04-09-2007, 12:15 PM
AP
big back who can log carries, m ove the chains and then BAM he's gone for 60 yards...

AP also has very underated hands

bigbub2352
04-09-2007, 12:17 PM
there is a very interesting prospect coming out of Houston University that have been talked abot on here and by Chris Brown, that i did some reading up on his last name is Battle, he has excellent size and ran a 4.4 at his proday, he would be a day two pick, but i got a feelin they are gonna be lookin at a chain mover not a burner in the draft

Don't Panic
04-09-2007, 12:18 PM
As far as style, I think we're best with guys who hit the hole hard and can absorb some contact. We don't need a dancer, just a guy who has good initial burst and good weight to take the pounding. Turner is a great fit in that style. If we wanted to get crafty and go with a two back system, you still would need a pounder, and Leonard could definitely be that guy, but you would need a compliment that offered you some different strengths, like in the flat and outside the tackles. In that case, you would need shifty back, which would serve as a perfect compliment. Whoever we have, I just hope they average 4 ypc to take some pressure off Losman.

bigbub2352
04-09-2007, 12:18 PM
AP
big back who can log carries, m ove the chains and then BAM he's gone for 60 yards...

AP also has very underated hands

I heard a rumor off espn on saturday that the Bills might be lookin to trade up with Tampa Bay for there pick in the draft, i think if that happened your wish would be true Pat, i would luv adrian peterson here, and i agree his hands are very underratted

bigbub2352
04-09-2007, 12:20 PM
As far as style, I think we're best with guys who hit the hole hard and can absorb some contact. We don't need a dancer, just a guy who has good initial burst and good weight to take the pounding. Turner is a great fit in that style. If we wanted to get crafty and go with a two back system, you still would need a pounder, and Leonard could definitely be that guy, but you would need a compliment that offered you some different strengths, like in the flat and outside the tackles. In that case, you would need shifty back, which would serve as a perfect compliment. Whoever we have, I just hope they average 4 ypc to take some pressure off Losman.

I would also agree with u as well, i think if we dont move from our spot at 12 and take Willis if Leonard is there in the @nd round when we pick i would take him, and grab a skat back or sign another veteran VA, or UDFA to compliment him and A-train

mikemac2001
04-09-2007, 12:25 PM
I heard a rumor off espn on saturday that the Bills might be lookin to trade up with Tampa Bay for there pick in the draft, i think if that happened your wish would be true Pat, i would luv adrian peterson here, and i agree his hands are very underratted

id rather take calvin at 4 if he was there johnson is so sexy

bigbub2352
04-09-2007, 12:29 PM
i would luv to have CJ but he need rb we got our number 1 wr AP would be awesome back here

mikemac2001
04-09-2007, 12:33 PM
i would luv to have CJ but he need rb we got our number 1 wr AP would be awesome back here

ya but AHhh think how that would open up the running game...cant load that box with calvin and evans on the outside to Much of a threat just be so nasty...then get like bush in third or something

i doubt it will happen but man id love CJ

feelthepain
04-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Apparently any RB will play well in buffalo so just wait till the draft is over and get a urfa RB from some 3A school and you'll be set.