• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

To me, this draft should be logical for Buffalo

To me, the solution to this draft being a good one is very simple.
    I find it difficult for ANYBODY to possibly question what player in this draft we need the most. That guy is Patrick Willis.

I'd argue that if Buffalo had the sixth pick in the draft, we'd still take Willis over some of the bigger names projected ahead of him. I got nothing against Lynch; but I no longer think he's a good value pick at 12. Carriker or Jamaal Anderson coulda been great picks at DE, but ole' Marvin instead decided to overpay a mediocre player like Kelsay, killing a shot at DE this year.

So the pick has to be Willis, and obviously SF is a threat to take him before us.

The solution: Trade up 2 spots with Houston. Houston is almost certainly going either OL (Brown) or DT (Okoye, Branch). They can get one of those guys at 12. If AP is on the board at 10, they can still get him at 12 as SF wouldn't draft him.

The draft chart value between 10-12 is only 100 points. Buffalo needs to give up their second third rounder (92nd-132 points). Houston needs all the draft picks they can get. This shouldn't even be difficult to pull off. I think giving up one of your 2 thirds is an easy choice to make when the payoff is making sure you land Willis and not a project at LB.

That would leave RB as the next biggest hole. I'd definitely do a 2nd this year. 3rd next year for Turner. IF SD wants more than that then screw them; you draft the best RB in the second round (Probably Pittman or Irons)... If by some chance Marshawn Lynch happens to slip towards the end of Round one (which could happen if GB passes) then maybe you do the exact same trade as last year (2nd and 3rd) and you move up to get him.

Getting Willis is an absolute necessity. He could quickly become the leader of the defense. Take care of that first. Then between Turner or Lynch you may have improved this football team greatly.

the absolute WORST case scenario is doing nothing; drafting Pos because Willis is gone; not landing Turner or Lynch and ending up with another RB after. to me, that's disastrous and we'll be discussing a top 8 pick again next year.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: To me, this draft should be logical for Buffalo

if Marv pulled that off I'd feel much better about this upcoming season.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

whatchu talkin bout pat

holy crap i agree with you, about drafting willis anyway

for the love of god somebody shoot me lol
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
        whatchu talkin bout pat

holy crap i agree with you, about drafting willis anyway

for the love of god somebody shoot me lol
        :machgun:
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

I think Patrick Willis is the no-brainer pick, assuming Adrian Peterson is gone. I'm not a big Marshawn Lynch fan.

What I could see the Bills doing is taking Michael Bush with their 2nd-3rd round pick, assuming SD's trade demands for Turner remain too high.

Comment

• venis2k1
            Youboty can hope
            • Jul 2002

lets see how the cards start to fall before laying ours down.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
              I think Patrick Willis is the no-brainer pick, assuming Adrian Peterson is gone. I'm not a big Marshawn Lynch fan.

What I could see the Bills doing is taking Michael Bush with their 2nd-3rd round pick, assuming SD's trade demands for Turner remain too high.
              im starting to think that Patrick Willis is a no brainer pick, even if AP isnt gone..

Dont get me wrong, I love me some AP... And if he's there and Willis is gone I'd kill someone if we didnt take him..

But WIllis is too important to the defense; and there are other RB's who can do the job (Turner being the main one).. I dont have any confidence in ANY of the other LB's in the draft to be an impact player like Willis and I"ll be sick to my stomach if we draft one at 12 becuase he's the "next best LB on the board"

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Pat is 100% correct. Give them one of our 3rds and guarantee Willis in a Bills uni. I already posted that you have to take Willis even if Peterson is sitting there. Willis is as close to a sure bet for a position that we absolutely have to fill!!!

Why take a chance of San Fran ****ing up our draft!!

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

I'm staying at twelve and keeping my extra third, thank you very much.

If Willis is there, great. If he isn't, I'll take Lynch and a LB in the second round and still be able to go CB and WR in the third.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• HAMMER
                    I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                    • Jul 2003

Flip Flop Flippity Flop

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Willis is SUCH a no-brainer pick that there is no way it will happen.

Comment

• acehole
                        • Jan 2006

Disagree...stay put or trade down even....we have multiple needs BPA that fills a need should do it. That 2nd rounder is so very important becuase a guy allways fall there that should have gone in the first....like POS.....

if you really think about it crowell is our MLB we really have to replace spikes...at OLB...

lot available ......

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        To me, the solution to this draft being a good one is very simple.
                        I find it difficult for ANYBODY to possibly question what player in this draft we need the most. That guy is Patrick Willis.

I'd argue that if Buffalo had the sixth pick in the draft, we'd still take Willis over some of the bigger names projected ahead of him. I got nothing against Lynch; but I no longer think he's a good value pick at 12. Carriker or Jamaal Anderson coulda been great picks at DE, but ole' Marvin instead decided to overpay a mediocre player like Kelsay, killing a shot at DE this year.

So the pick has to be Willis, and obviously SF is a threat to take him before us.

The solution: Trade up 2 spots with Houston. Houston is almost certainly going either OL (Brown) or DT (Okoye, Branch). They can get one of those guys at 12. If AP is on the board at 10, they can still get him at 12 as SF wouldn't draft him.

The draft chart value between 10-12 is only 100 points. Buffalo needs to give up their second third rounder (92nd-132 points). Houston needs all the draft picks they can get. This shouldn't even be difficult to pull off. I think giving up one of your 2 thirds is an easy choice to make when the payoff is making sure you land Willis and not a project at LB.

That would leave RB as the next biggest hole. I'd definitely do a 2nd this year. 3rd next year for Turner. IF SD wants more than that then screw them; you draft the best RB in the second round (Probably Pittman or Irons)... If by some chance Marshawn Lynch happens to slip towards the end of Round one (which could happen if GB passes) then maybe you do the exact same trade as last year (2nd and 3rd) and you move up to get him.

Getting Willis is an absolute necessity. He could quickly become the leader of the defense. Take care of that first. Then between Turner or Lynch you may have improved this football team greatly.

the absolute WORST case scenario is doing nothing; drafting Pos because Willis is gone; not landing Turner or Lynch and ending up with another RB after. to me, that's disastrous and we'll be discussing a top 8 pick again next year.
                        Hated by the stupid..
                        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• jamesiscool
                          suck it fool.
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          Willis is SUCH a no-brainer pick that there is no way it will happen.
                          it makes too much sense IMO. thats why we'll end up drafting a guard at 12. either a guard or a kicker. maybe a punter, moorman had an off year.

thats whats running thru levy's head.... jk
                          Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

I agree that Pat Willis is the best choice for us at 12. My preferences as to our choices to deal with RB/LB, in order:

1. Trade for Turner, draft Willis at 12
                            2. Draft Willis, Pittman in the 2nd.

If Willis if off the board
                            3. Trade for Turner, trade down into late first and take Beason, add a 2nd or two 3rds.
                            4. Draft Peterson if he's there, draft best LB available in 2nd round.
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Romes
                              • Jul 2002

What happened to your idea of drafting Lynch and building the most potent offense possible?
                              Originally posted by paladin warrior
                              RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

Working...
                              X