Forked Thread: So I was in Western NY this weekend and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Forked Thread: So I was in Western NY this weekend and...

Forked from: So I was in Western NY this weekend and...

Originally posted by Pride
    As I traveled "home" for Easter with the family, I quickly noticed something while out at the grocery store, at Lowes, at Auto Zone, and out to dinner. Where the clothing of Western NY'ers has always (at least from my recollection) been Buffalo Bills Blue, Red, and White; it seems to have changed now to Sabres Navy and Gold!

Everywhere I looked I noticed people adorning Sabres clothing. Now I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that... but this is the first time in my lifetime that I can remember not seeing any Bills apparel while traveling to WNY!

Is this accurate? Is it truly a Sabres town now?
    Here's a hypothetical for you to ponder...

1. The Sabres win the Stanley Cup.

2. Tix for Sabres next year are basically sold out, and the waiting list to get in on tix continues to grow.

3. The Bills are into Year 2 of rebuilding, and hover around .500 with a slim chance of making the play-offs.

4. The Sabres, able to keep the majority of the team intact, start off their '07-'08 season at the top of the standings once again.

5. Based on the reality of last fall's home games, because WNYers are spending their dollars on Sabres tickets and merchandise, they continue to pass on Bills tickets and merchandise late in the year.

6. The last four home games for the Bills on '07 are blacked out.

7. Ralph, having gone through two consecutive years of embarassment at the box office, decides it isn't worth it anymore because the area doesn't support the team any longer via ticket sales. He sells the team to an out-of-towner, and it's moved to a new location.

Would you be willing to trade the Bills for a Stanley Cup??
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Forked Thread: So I was in Western NY this weekend and...

Originally posted by YardRat
    Forked from: So I was in Western NY this weekend and...

Here's a hypothetical for you to ponder...

1. The Sabres win the Stanley Cup.

2. Tix for Sabres next year are basically sold out, and the waiting list to get in on tix continues to grow.

3. The Bills are into Year 2 of rebuilding, and hover around .500 with a slim chance of making the play-offs.

4. The Sabres, able to keep the majority of the team intact, start off their '07-'08 season at the top of the standings once again.

5. Based on the reality of last fall's home games, because WNYers are spending their dollars on Sabres tickets and merchandise, they continue to pass on Bills tickets and merchandise late in the year.

6. The last four home games for the Bills on '07 are blacked out.

7. Ralph, having gone through two consecutive years of embarassment at the box office, decides it isn't worth it anymore because the area doesn't support the team any longer via ticket sales. He sells the team to an out-of-towner, and it's moved to a new location.

Would you be willing to trade the Bills for a Stanley Cup??
    unforunately what you said is very possible. This team will either become competitive and get in the playoffs very soon, or attendance will continue to slide downward; and at that time Wilson may sell this team.

I actually hope that happens, as long as the owner keeps the team in Buffalo. I blast Marv sometimes, but the reality is its Wilson.. he told Marv "here's your allowance, make this team as least ****ty as possible".. and your NOT going over your allowance either.

The key question becomes: Do Bills fans have anymore PATIENCE to support and sellout out a stadium with a team that many feel is inferior to its rivals; or does the trend of second half of last year continue and get worse?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      unforunately what you said is very possible. This team will either become competitive and get in the playoffs very soon, or attendance will continue to slide downward; and at that time Wilson may sell this team.

I actually hope that happens, as long as the owner keeps the team in Buffalo. I blast Marv sometimes, but the reality is its Wilson.. he told Marv "here's your allowance, make this team as least ****ty as possible".. and your NOT going over your allowance either.

The key question becomes: Do Bills fans have anymore PATIENCE to support and sellout out a stadium with a team that many feel is inferior to its rivals; or does the trend of second half of last year continue and get worse?
      I know, that's why I posted it.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Comment

• HAMMER
          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
          • Jul 2003

If that happens, I will puke. But seriously, mediocre or not, if Buffalo can't support the Bills then they don't deserve to keep them.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Actually, not just No..... HELL NO! I am a big Sabres fan and would LOVE a Stanley Cup. But I would NEVER EVER EVER give up the Buffalo Bills just to win the NHL championship. NEVER!

Comment

• jamesiscool
              suck it fool.
              • Feb 2007

no. althought this is possible it also is possible that we could get struck by lighting or die in a freak expression of willis mcgahee's wrath.

Buffalo IS A FOOTBALL TOWN and dont forget it. It doesn't matter what the sabres do, bills fans are bills fans. and after the draft and what people are sating around the league about JP and evans i feel that people are going to step up to the plate and buy tickets to come see the games.

so no i wouldnt give up the bills for a cup. but i hope we in win.

GO SABRES
              Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Once the Bills get good again, the fans will come back in droves and you will see HSBC arena empty again during the football season. What was it that everyone always used to say? The hockey season/Sabres season doesn't begin until the Buffalo Bills season is over.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  Once the Bills get good again, the fans will come back in droves and you will see HSBC arena empty again during the football season. What was it that everyone always used to say? The hockey season/Sabres season doesn't begin until the Buffalo Bills season is over.
                  Last year football season pretty much ended with the fifth home game according to ticket sales.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

this aint that kind of Buffalo anymore.

Right now, Hockey season is 365 days per year..

I agree, the fans will support the Bills better when/if they are winning again. But realistically; there's not a very good chance that happens anytime soon.

And whether he deserves it or not (I think he does) Wilson is PERCEIVED by the average sports fan as "cheap" and that matters a lot more than some on here give credit for. I personally know of a dozen Bills fans who didnt renew their season tix.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Actually, not just No..... HELL NO! I am a big Sabres fan and would LOVE a Stanley Cup. But I would NEVER EVER EVER give up the Buffalo Bills just to win the NHL championship. NEVER!

yeah....even if lossman's the QB for the next 10 years..........same here.

i gotta
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• casdhf
                        • Jul 2002

I think there could be a spill over effect to the Bills. People get really into one team and that can roll over to the next. Go Buffalo.
                        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Stewie
                          Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                          • Aug 2002

what the hell hockey success has to do with going to bills games, I still haven't figured out.

Want people to come to games in december? Don't be 2-5 going into the bye week, don't get blown out early in the season (chicago), and don't ever lose to detroit.
                          Originally posted by Topdog
                          Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                          Originally posted by mercyrule
                          I love Weiner.
                          Originally posted by mercyrule
                          also cheese

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by paulB
                            what the hell hockey success has to do with going to bills games, I still haven't figured out.

Want people to come to games in december? Don't be 2-5 going into the bye week, don't get blown out early in the season (chicago), and don't ever lose to detroit.

Comment

• Crisis
                              • Aug 2004

Buffalo isn't a football town, it's a bandwagon town.
                              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                              Vanek is Austrian not European
                              Originally posted by Prov401
                              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                              Originally posted by better days
                              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X