PDA

View Full Version : Wys got into the kool-aid.....

Michael82
04-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Check this out. Even Wys decided to try the special kool-aid that some of us enjoy drinking. :snicker:

On paper it may seem that the Bills lost more than they acquired this offseason. But only pessimists could possibly see it that way. Marv Levy is a Hall-of-Fame coach and his skills as a GM in the short time that he’s been in that role are clearly superlative. His and the team’s decisions can only yield extraordinarily positive results which will manifest themselves in the Bills finally challenging the Pats for the division this fall.

Look for the Bills to have a killer draft just as they did last season with tremendous impacts from their day-one picks. Dick Jauron posted a winning season once and fans and media critical of his coaching have no basis for it in spite of six losing seasons otherwise. There simply is nothing to suggest that Jauron is a losing coach. For those that suggest that, they are either jealous or pessimists. Few, if any, of the reasons why Jauron’s teams posted losing seasons had absolutely nothing to do with Jauron himself. He clearly had no talent nor any support from the Bears’ organization. He has all that now so fans have much to be hopeful for heading into the ’07 season.

Team owner Ralph Wilson has been fully supportive of his GM and head coach in spite of the obvious difficulties that being in a small market present. The Bills simply cannot afford to shell out big bucks like the bigger market teams which is why they could only pony-up nearly $40 million in guaranteed money for such tremendous players as Kelsay and Langston Walker although Dockery was worth more in guarantees that just about anyone else got this offseason by any team. In fact, such shrewd management landed those players in Buffalo amazingly before other teams were able to acquire them for equal contracts. Either way, it is also why they could not shell out more than $100 million in contracts for those three players.
http://www.afceastreport.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=222

Jan Reimers
04-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Is it Prozac, booze or wacky weed?

OpIv37
04-09-2007, 04:19 PM
I still say people make too much out of the contributions from the rookies last year. Some of them were playing more because our D was so bad than because they were anything special.

OpIv37
04-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Is it Prozac, booze or wacky weed?

All 3- it's called the Courtney Love Cocktail.

Michael82
04-09-2007, 04:22 PM
I love this one though.....:up:

As to Losman, both he and Evans in their second seasons together can be expected to step it up quite a bit. There is no reason why fans should not expect the chemistry between these two players to produce 1 to 1 ½ TDs per game on average thereby propelling the tandem to 16 to 24 TDs between them. Should that happen, and there is no reason to expect it not to, then the Bills can easily win 10+ games this fall and make the playoffs.

SABURZFAN
04-09-2007, 04:28 PM
16 to 24 TD's between losman and evans he says.if you take away their best game,does that put them at 13 to 21 TD's? :idunno:

HHURRICANE
04-09-2007, 04:29 PM
I still say people make too much out of the contributions from the rookies last year. Some of them were playing more because our D was so bad than because they were anything special.

Whitner and Simpson as rookies played better than Milloy and Vincent the year before. Year two players show their biggest improvement so that's pretty exciting. Ellison and Williams weren't even supposed to see the field and played well. I'm not saying that we don't need help but...not bad.

justasportsfan
04-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Whitner and Simpson as rookies played better than Milloy and Vincent the year before. Year two players show their biggest improvement so that's pretty exciting. Ellison and Williams weren't even supposed to see the field and played well. I'm not saying that we don't need help but...not bad.
let's not forget that neither Ellison nor Whitner were at camp for a certain amount of time and yet did well for rookies that were thrown to the wolves.

JJamezz
04-09-2007, 04:40 PM
That's either 1) the most sarcastic article ever... 2) Mark's calendar is 8 days late... 3) he sold 1000 cases of wing sauce immediately before writing it... or 4) he truly has lost his mind.

I'm guessing #1...

patmoran2006
04-09-2007, 04:44 PM
lol.. you guys cant see Wys was being sarcastic throughout almost that entire article?

justasportsfan
04-09-2007, 04:50 PM
lol.. you guys cant see Wys was being sarcastic throughout almost that entire article?
I don't read his articles. They bore the crap our of me. All he does is bash the bills and yet never mentions how often he's been wrong in the past.i know him well enough to know some of his predictions in the past that made FTP look like a genius.

All he obviously does is try to get a raise out of the people reading his articles.

The Answer
04-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Check this out. Even Wys decided to try the special kool-aid that some of us enjoy drinking. :snicker:

http://www.afceastreport.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=222

No koolaid drinking - just classic Weiler wit and sarcasm.

~The Answer

Tatonka
04-09-2007, 06:33 PM
That's either 1) the most sarcastic article ever... 2) Mark's calendar is 8 days late... 3) he sold 1000 cases of wing sauce immediately before writing it... or 4) he truly has lost his mind.

I'm guessing #1...

:rofl: i was thinking the same thing.

B-DON
04-09-2007, 07:06 PM
He still blows

mikemac2001
04-09-2007, 07:09 PM
I don't read his articles. They bore the crap our of me. All he does is bash the bills and yet never mentions how often he's been wrong in the past.i know him well enough to know some of his predictions in the past that made FTP look like a genius.

All he obviously does is try to get a raise out of the people reading his articles.

i agree

never read his posts so why would we read his article

B-DON
04-09-2007, 07:13 PM
I think he just sits back after he rights an article and laughs about how mad people on this board are going to be when they read it. He loves it

SquishDaFish
04-09-2007, 07:27 PM
His articles still Suck

TacklingDummy
04-09-2007, 09:08 PM
:lmao: @ 16-24 TDs for Lee Evans.

I'll be happy if Lee can get 8 next year.

TigerJ
04-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Sarcasm, pure and simple.

Michael82
04-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Sarcasm, pure and simple.
Of course, but it's pretty good sarcasm. I love it, especially because there are quite a few people who are thinking the same way as the article.

clumping platelets
04-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Was this posted April 1st? :ontome:

jamze132
04-10-2007, 06:54 AM
He wrote that article in repsonse to a lot of people (me probably included) who were trying to figure out why he writes nothing positive about the Bills. So he wrote this piece which I am sure some people will take it seriously. Although it was a funny piece if you actually read it, it has sarcasm and anger with the Bills written throughout. I think the guy is trying too hard to be a Bills fan.

Something that poeple often forget is the fact that no matter what we as fans say or do, we have no control whatsoever as to what happens on Sunday afternoon. I am not going to waste my time and focus on every little thing that the organization does that I don't agree with. Like I have said before, I will still be cheering the Bills anyways.

JJamezz
04-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Of course, but it's pretty good sarcasm. I love it, especially because there are quite a few people who are thinking the same way as the article.

It was pretty BAD sarcasm if you ask me... It's hard to be convincingly sarcastic when your 'sarcasm' is actually closer to reality than what you really believe...

Earthquake Enyart
04-10-2007, 09:38 AM
What a douche.

Michael82
04-10-2007, 09:46 AM
It was pretty BAD sarcasm if you ask me... It's hard to be convincingly sarcastic when your 'sarcasm' is actually closer to reality than what you really believe...
You do have a point there.

Jan Reimers
04-10-2007, 09:47 AM
I just thought he bought one of those do-it-yourself lobotomy kits.

Michael82
04-10-2007, 12:53 PM
I just thought he bought one of those do-it-yourself lobotomy kits.
:lmao:

casdhf
04-10-2007, 12:57 PM
He "lays his reputation on the line."

What rep, that he's a known ass hole?