PDA

View Full Version : What talent would you rather have

mikemac2001
04-09-2007, 05:31 PM
Cj and peterson with all the talks of us maybe trading up what if CJ was on the board, a talent like his doesnt come around very often. Randy moss type WR but with heart, we could always get a solid back. i know its very unlikely but would you be upset if we traded up and drafted CJ.

jamesiscool
04-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Cj and peterson with all the talks of us maybe trading up what if CJ was on the board, a talent like his doesnt come around very often. Randy moss type WR but with heart, we could always get a solid back. i know its very unlikely but would you be upset if we traded up and drafted CJ.

in reality thats like saying what if we traded for peyton manning.

theres no way CJ would ever fall to us and even if we traded up into the ten spot he could be taken 1st overall.

we wont be the only person wanting to move up in this draft so dont count on it.

evol4276
04-09-2007, 05:44 PM
no and only because of evans. we dont need a #2 in the first round, while yes he is a damn freak when it comes down to it. He'd be a #2 thinking himself as a #1 wanting #1 money, which wuld either force bad things from the teammates or resulting in himself of evans leaving. I'd rather go with AP since we need a #1 back, not wr.

X-Era
04-09-2007, 05:52 PM

Absolutely not!

I think many tend to overrate draft picks and hang onto them like they are gold. Its stupid to trade a whole draft for one player. But trade a few picks for a guy thats the best in at least the past 5 years? Yes, its smart. Even when you have a #1 WR? Still smart. Just ask New Orleans who had Duece and still took Reggie Bush.

Im not hung up on draft picks, thats why Im not a big fan of moving down either. If this was a team with lots of stud mid career vets, yeah move down. But if were gonna move down for lesser talent when we already have lesser talent...thats more of the same tome and doesnt head us in the right direction.

We are short on stars and studs on this team. We have no gamebreakers right now...maybe Evans. Yet grabbing a star like CJ hurts us? NO!

That would be a bold, gutsy, and smart move for a team that needs playmakers.

X-Era
04-09-2007, 05:53 PM
in reality thats like saying what if we traded for peyton manning.

theres no way CJ would ever fall to us and even if we traded up into the ten spot he could be taken 1st overall.

we wont be the only person wanting to move up in this draft so dont count on it.

his question stands. Would anyone NOT trade up for Peyton Manning? That makes this valid.

Johnson is THAT good.

The Answer
04-09-2007, 05:56 PM

The Answer would pull a Mike Ditka and trade the entire draft for Calvin Johnson - yes he's worth it.

~The Answer

mikemac2001
04-09-2007, 06:00 PM
well there are talks we go to 6th pick say we traded up and CJ dropped to that spot would u take Peterson or CJ id take CJ rb's are a dime a dozen CJ is nasty talent and the guy doesnt seem like he has issues....i doubt it would happen but its better then this turner and espn bashing talk

i wouldnt trade whole draft tho

The Answer
04-09-2007, 06:03 PM
well there are talks we go to 6th pick say we traded up and CJ dropped to that spot would u take Peterson or CJ id take CJ rb's are a dime a dozen CJ is nasty talent and the guy doesnt seem like he has issues....i doubt it would happen but its better then this turner and espn bashing talk

i wouldnt trade whole draft tho

Seriously doubt that CJ lasts until the 6th pick, if oakland or detroit don't take him there would be a barrage of phone calls and trade offers.

That's why The Answer don't feel we have a chance at Peterson either despite all the mock drafts that suggest otherwise - he gets past cleveland it will be a feeding frenzy.

~The Answer

YardRat
04-09-2007, 06:04 PM
I'm not packaging picks together to move up for a WR.

YardRat
04-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Seriously doubt that CJ lasts until the 6th pick, if oakland or detroit don't take him there would be a barrage of phone calls and trade offers.

That's why The Answer don't feel we have a chance at Peterson either despite all the mock drafts that suggest otherwise - he gets past cleveland it will be a feeding frenzy.

~The Answer

I could see him falling past Cleveland, but he won't get by Houston's pick.

X-Era
04-09-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm not packaging picks together to move up for a WR.

Alright, now were talking.

YardRat's NFL team is NOT trading up for CJ. Count that team out. Where do you pick again? Thats one team we dont have to worry about now on to the other....well.....31 teams.

mikemac2001
04-09-2007, 06:11 PM
so what if willis isnt there and we most likely would trade down would have it been a better move to trade up and get a player who can step in right away. I mean the draft is a crapshoot and i dont expect CJ to go farther then 6th or ap farther then 10