PDA

View Full Version : Some Do Realize Patrick Willis Could Be Gone By #12

Night Train
04-09-2007, 06:04 PM
If Willis is gone, then what ? OMFG ! There are no other LB options in this draft !

Or the Bills are actually OK with Crowell in the middle and could consider OLB's Beason or Timmons. Both are bigtime playmakers. Even accept a trade down if offered and probably still have a shot at one of them. Or whoever they desire at a position of need.

I do like Willis but realize he's not the one and only option at LB.

I only see 1 player worthy of a trade up.. but we do not need a WR.

Let the draft come to us at #12. I'm betting we are going to do just fine, once we finish with all our picks.

Bone
04-09-2007, 06:21 PM
I've been looking at some mock drafts on the internet and it looks like the 49ers are really pumped up about Jamaal Anderson DE from Arkansas so he should be there.

Scumbag College
04-09-2007, 06:30 PM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Lions | Team may want Willis
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 14:39:33 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions may try to stockpile picks through trades so the team can trade up to get an additional first-round pick and select University of Mississippi LB Patrick Willis.

I don't think the Bills pass by this guy at 12, and I don't think Detroit will have enough fire power to move up before #12. If this is true, I would be more concerned about the Lions moving down a bunch, add some picks, and take Willis in the 6-11 range. With the possibility of CJ, Russell, Quinn, Peterson, Thomas, etc. being there at #2, some teams might really, really want Detroits pick and move up to get their guy. (Off the top of my head, Washington and Miami might mortgage their draft for one of those guys.) If so, Detroit can move down and Willis will still be there. Millen and Marinelli are defensive guys, and I think it's general consensus around the league that Willis is that good.

Billsrock4life
04-09-2007, 06:47 PM
that LB from Penn State dont remember his name looks 2 be pretty good,not saying we should use are 1st pick on him but we could take him in the 2nd or 3rd if hes still there

mikemac2001
04-09-2007, 06:51 PM
poz late first rd was talking to penn state buddy said dude is beast but not to 10 talent

Bone
04-09-2007, 06:58 PM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Lions | Team may want Willis
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 14:39:33 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions may try to stockpile picks through trades so the team can trade up to get an additional first-round pick and select University of Mississippi LB Patrick Willis.

I don't think the Bills pass by this guy at 12, and I don't think Detroit will have enough fire power to move up before #12. If this is true, I would be more concerned about the Lions moving down a bunch, add some picks, and take Willis in the 6-11 range. With the possibility of CJ, Russell, Quinn, Peterson, Thomas, etc. being there at #2, some teams might really, really want Detroits pick and move up to get their guy. (Off the top of my head, Washington and Miami might mortgage their draft for one of those guys.) If so, Detroit can move down and Willis will still be there. Millen and Marinelli are defensive guys, and I think it's general consensus around the league that Willis is that good.

I really don't see them doing that, taking Ernie Sims last year in the draft, I don't know why they would need another, they have to go QB or O-Line.

B-DON
04-09-2007, 07:02 PM
More smoke screen B.S. The lions are not taking any linebackers. they have sims and lehman I believe. Just your typical draft B.S.

patmoran2006
04-09-2007, 07:36 PM
I have no problem with Siler, Beason or Timmons.

I have a HUGE problem with them coming off the board at pick #12.

Bmax
04-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Most bills fans had a problem with Whittner at 8.....Get ready to have a problem with Beason or Posluszny at 12....Well maybe ..i also feel that willis could be gone at 12...

Bmax

ShadowHawk7
04-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Poz could be another Whitner reach if Willis goes at 11. Gosh, I hope not..

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-10-2007, 04:02 AM
That is one serious confused ramble.

kgun12
04-10-2007, 04:11 AM
Yes there is a chance that he is gone at #12, but there is a chance he is there at #12, there is also a chance that he's there at #12 and Marv go in a completely different direction than any of us think! Which BTW is what I think is gone to happen. Just like last year.

Night Train
04-10-2007, 04:34 AM
I think if the Bills do receive an offer to trade down, they will accept it this year.

An extra 2nd or 3rd would benefit our team, which has more than 1 or 2 holes to plug.

don137
04-10-2007, 05:11 AM
Trade down to the #18-22 range and pick up Timmons and an extra 2nd. Trade this year's 2nd and next year's 3rd for Turner . Now you have your RB and OLB and still have 3 more day one picks.

Night Train
04-10-2007, 05:15 AM
Trade down to the #18-22 range and pick up Timmons and an extra 2nd. Trade this year's 2nd and next year's 3rd for Turner . Now you have your RB and OLB and still have 3 more day one picks.

:bf1:

clumping platelets
04-10-2007, 05:42 AM
Yes, I do...............take BPA at #12 if ya cannot trade down

jamze132
04-10-2007, 06:27 AM
If Willis is off the board at #12, I bet we take Marshawn Lynch (obviously if we don't trade for Turner).

Jan Reimers
04-10-2007, 06:56 AM
I've said it before, but I try not to get too invested in any one player, especially with the holes we have to fill. I would be very happy with, in no particular order, 2 LBs, a RB and a WR on day one - or a DT or CB instead of a WR.

We simply have too many needs to tie ourselves to one or two guys who we absolutely "must have."

X-Era
04-10-2007, 07:07 AM
If Willis is gone, then what ? OMFG ! There are no other LB options in this draft !

Or the Bills are actually OK with Crowell in the middle and could consider OLB's Beason or Timmons. Both are bigtime playmakers. Even accept a trade down if offered and probably still have a shot at one of them. Or whoever they desire at a position of need.

I do like Willis but realize he's not the one and only option at LB.

I only see 1 player worthy of a trade up.. but we do not need a WR.

Let the draft come to us at #12. I'm betting we are going to do just fine, once we finish with all our picks.

I completely agree. The draft is not made by one round and LB is a very deep position this year.

Furthermore, as Ive said before, LB is a spot where you can cover weaknesses by shifts in coverage.

ILB can easily be covered by Crowell and then we can draft one or even two OLB's that could start day one.

RB, is a spot where you need a guy to get you ~4 yards per carry. That means 1 guy, getting it done, carrying the ball against some of the best teams in the league.

Theres several directions we could go int he st including moves up and down. LB, RB, CB, WR all are positions to think about. Out of that I think most agree LB and RB are at the top of the wish list.