Bone
04-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Willis or Peterson?

camelcowboy
04-09-2007, 09:04 PM
AP

Nighthawk
04-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Peterson...he's more of an impact player. Don't get me wrong, Willis would be a great addition, but if I had to choose, then I would go Peterson.

X-Era
04-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Willis or Peterson?

With that choice...Peterson

If it was Willis or Lynch...tough, probably 50/50.

I still think Id take Lynch.

After AP and Lynch, Im not impressed. Yet players like Siler can be every bit as good and canbe had later.

acattack15
04-09-2007, 09:13 PM
I totally agree with JP-Era. Peterson is just an amazing player that will on the spot make the bills a solid team, and i also like Lynch and think he will have a solid career, but after thos 2 RB's theres a huge dropoff. But LB is much more deeper than RB. Siler, Beason, Timmons, Poz, David Harris, there are some pretty good guys there that can come in and be solid, maybe not a good as Patrick Willis b/c i think he's awesome, but good solid LB for years to come.

Therefore I would defiently take Peterson oer Willis, but i do believe come april 28th the pick is gonna be willis.

evol4276
04-09-2007, 09:18 PM
willis. hes too much of a pig to not get for a lb.

hammerbillsfan
04-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Adrian Peterson

Devin
04-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Peterson.

If it came down to he and lynch, Willis without thinking twice.

Elminster
04-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Willis. No question.

OpIv37
04-09-2007, 09:28 PM
WILLIS.

There will be RB's who can produce in the 2nd and 3rd round. There won't be LB's who can produce from day one in the 2nd or 3rd round.

This is a no-brainer. We desperately need an impact LB and he's the only one available. If we pass on him, mark my words- we WILL regret it.

camelcowboy
04-09-2007, 09:35 PM
WILLIS.

There will be RB's who can produce in the 2nd and 3rd round. There won't be LB's who can produce from day one in the 2nd or 3rd round.

This is a no-brainer. We desperately need an impact LB and he's the only one available. If we pass on him, mark my words- we WILL regret it. I'll sleep fine if we get ap and siler.

MarvLevy
04-09-2007, 09:39 PM
rd.1 willis
rd.2 irons
rd.3 s.smith

Bert102176
04-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Willis you can find a RB in the later rounds an I don't trust AP and how he is gonna do in the NFL I think he is another Ron Dayne but Willis is gonna be a hell of a ILB and we need him severely

OpIv37
04-09-2007, 09:58 PM
I'll sleep fine if we get ap and siler.

I read a couple of reports on Siler that said he didn't have fluid motion in his hips and it slowed him down when he had to turn and run- that doesn't fit our system very well at all. Plus, he probably won't last til our pick in the 2nd.

And like Bert said, something about AP makes me nervous- maybe it's his injury but I just have a bad feeling about him in the NFL.

BILLSROCK1212
04-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Willis if we have Turner otherwise AP or trade down and get a lot of picks

mikemac2001
04-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Willis you can find a RB in the later rounds an I don't trust AP and how he is gonna do in the NFL I think he is another Ron Dayne but Willis is gonna be a hell of a ILB and we need him severely

ron dayne was slow

It sucks bc i know if we dont draft AP he will be a beast and we will be pissed about it but with rb's you dont need to draft them top 10

id be happy with either pick if we got a decent RB in 2nd or 3rd or a solid LB

kgun12
04-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Willis, RB's are a dime a dozen!!! :;

Mitchy moo
04-09-2007, 10:41 PM
AP.

clumping platelets
04-09-2007, 10:57 PM
I take Willis

Pittman, Henry, Leonard, Bush, Irons can be had in rd 2 OR the Bills can position themselves by trading up to get one of them.........

Bmax
04-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Peterson....

I 'll pass on Lynch totally....

Bmax

mikemac2001
04-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Peterson....

I 'll pass on Lynch totally....

Bmax

it was willis or peterson awhile ago i said peterson but lately id rather go willis

Night Train
04-10-2007, 02:13 AM
I take Willis

Pittman, Henry, Leonard, Bush, Irons can be had in rd 2 OR the Bills can position themselves by trading up to get one of them.........

I'll take Willis, since we already traded our 2nd or 3rd for Turner.

Buffalogic
04-10-2007, 02:35 AM
You've gotta take Peterson. Sure Willis' stock has been rising these last few months, but Peterson has been a phenom since he was a freshman. Way too much talent not to take him. If he is on the board at 12 and we do anything besides take Adrian Peterson my head will explode.

jamze132
04-10-2007, 06:43 AM
The only guy in this draft that I would take at #12 over Patrick Willis is Calvin Johnson, but since that is impossible, Patrick Willis is the smart pick.

Jan Reimers
04-10-2007, 06:46 AM
I'd love to have that dilemma at 12. Both are the top players at their position, and either one fills a big hole.

Let's hope we really have this choice, and trust Marv and his staff to pick the one who gives us the most help.

HHURRICANE
04-10-2007, 07:47 AM

Great comparison. Peterson's upside could definately be higher but Willis is a sure bet, not only for his talent, but for the position he is going to play.

Willis makes this team better on Day 1. Period.

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2007, 07:50 AM
Willis.

It is much easier to find a RB than LB who has the speed and athleticism to fit in the Cover 2.

patmoran2006
04-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Willis.

It is much easier to find a RB than LB who has the speed and athleticism to fit in the Cover 2.
I disagree.

There are plenty of LB's who are system players; who can be great in cover two defenses but not in others.. Cato June is a perfect example.. He would've been perfect for Buffalo, but not half as useful for a team like NE.

patmoran2006
04-10-2007, 08:09 AM
This is a very unlikely scenario.. VERY UNLIKELY.. but a good question.

And a tough one.

Hmmm.. I think I'd have to take AP. The biggest reason is with Losman, Evans, a better OL and AP.. You could have the makings of one hell of a dominant offense. RB's are a dime a dozen, but franchise backs are not, and AP is a franchise back. I would feel good about my offense against ANY defense in the NFL with AP; especially if we picked up one more decent WR or TE later in the draft.

And thats not to take anything away from Willis, he is probably going to be one hell of a LB.. and I'd take Willis before some of the bigger names that will go ahead of him (Okoye, Jamaal Anderson).. But if AP was on the board, I dont see how Levy could possibly pass him up.. we'd potentially have a sick offense that would put less of a premium on needing a shut down defense (like Indy)

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Good maybe, but not great.

A dominant cover 2 LB is not easy to find. June is good, but not the dominant guy that Willis could be.

patmoran2006
04-10-2007, 08:13 AM

A dominant cover 2 LB is not easy to find. June is good, but not the dominant guy that Willis could be.
I agree that Willis could be dominant and trust me I will be happy as **** if we get him (becuase I dont think there's anyway AP is on the board at 12).

But AP could be a special RB that would make others around that unit better. It would help JP and it would help the WR's.

I think this is a win/win thread because the Bills win with either player.. Lets play one of these parts come true and that we dont get stuck with a choice between Pos or Lynch instead.

User Manuel
04-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Peterson

acehole
04-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Willis or Peterson?

Willis.

Between the 2.

I would trade down personally.......especially if either are there.

We would get a boat load for that spot.

acehole
04-10-2007, 08:26 AM

June was a safty picked in the latter rounds when he was drafted.

Cover 2 LB are easier to find.

Elminster
04-10-2007, 09:07 AM
June was a safty picked in the latter rounds when he was drafted.

Cover 2 LB are easier to find.
I think you're confusing the Cato June or outside linebacker role with the Urlacher or middle linebacker one. MLBs in the cover-2 are very difficult to come by because they have to(ideally) be fast enough to drop back into coverage and big enough to shed blockers and make a play at the LOS. A linebacker who can do it ALL is of immeasurable value to a Tampa-2....

Gunzlingr
04-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Willis

don137
04-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Willis.

Between the 2.

I would trade down personally.......especially if either are there.

We would get a boat load for that spot.
I would also trade down and pick up a couple picks. There is so much value later on and with so many needs the more day one picks the better.
If they could not trade down I would take AP because this offense would instantly become a feared top 10 offense. However, the defense truly needs run support. Marv said he will address the OL and run defense this off season. He already did his part addressing the OL now he wants to go after stopping the run so I have to think he would go after Willis if he was available.

Ed
04-10-2007, 11:03 AM
If it came down to Peterson and Willis, you really couldn't make a wrong choice. I can't imagine a better scenario then the Bills having to choose between Peterson and Willis.

What would I do? I think I'd go with Peterson just because he's probably the higher rated player and the idea of a Losman, Evans, Peterson trio is just too exciting to pass up.

However, I would immediately at least try trading back into the first round to grab Willis. I don't know what it would take, but it would be worth looking into. If that doesn't work out, I try and aquire Lance Briggs with our 08 draft picks.

mikemac2001
04-10-2007, 12:29 PM
If it came down to Peterson and Willis, you really couldn't make a wrong choice. I can't imagine a better scenario then the Bills having to choose between Peterson and Willis.

What would I do? I think I'd go with Peterson just because he's probably the higher rated player and the idea of a Losman, Evans, Peterson trio is just too exciting to pass up.

However, I would immediately at least try trading back into the first round to grab Willis. I don't know what it would take, but it would be worth looking into. If that doesn't work out, I try and aquire Lance Briggs with our 08 draft picks.

Thats my feeling its to hard to decide but either would work

RedEyE
04-10-2007, 07:20 PM
You go with the guy that will put points on the board. Peterson all the way.

Bills4Life34
04-10-2007, 08:53 PM
I want AP, the man is a beast. Hes the next LT, they are almost the same kinda player.

Ed
04-10-2007, 09:49 PM
I think Peterson would help sell more tickets too then just about any other player in the draft. With the blackouts last year, the casual perception that we've lost much more then we've gained, and don't seem to have any real stars, you gotta wonder how much that will factor in.

Ed
04-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Bills4Life34,

I'm pretty sure that picture in your sig is of McGahee, not Lee Evans...

B-DON
04-10-2007, 11:12 PM
For as much as the answer got ripped on his thread, this one is a million times worse. I cant even comprehend how big of a boner i would have if AP is still on the board with our pick. Not to mention, marv will die of a heart attack if AP is still there when we pick, no qusestions about it.